Code of Conduct

Default Please compare Aoud Damascus, Aoud Queen Roses, Aoud Rose Petals and Attar

I want to buy 3 of this Montale decants FOR my GIRLFRIEND that will complement White Aoud that I plan to buy as well.

So far I own just sample of Black Aoud which is nice but has too much oud. I already read http://www.basenotes.net/threads/193406-Montale-Reviews but would like to hear more opinion and comparision of:

Aoud Damascus
    Aoud Queen Roses
    Aoud Rose Petals
    Attar

1. Which has most rose in it? (I guess Rose Petals?)
    2. Which has least oud? (I guess Attar?)
    3. Which is most feminine? (I guess Aoud Queen Roses?)
    4. Which is most elegant?
    5. Which is freshest?
    6. Which is brightest?
    7. Which is most complex?
    8. Which 3 would YOU pick for your girl?
    9. Which 3 would YOU pick for yourself?

Thank you in forward
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Default Re: Please compare Aoud Damascus, Aoud Queen Roses, Aoud Rose Petals and Attar

Well... Attar is elegant and classic. Aoud Damascus is similar to Black Aoud with its oud+rose combo, but it's has more rose than oud/patchouli.

If you get White Aoud + one of your list, you should explore other offerings (the non aoud line is great). For your girlfriend try Sweet Oriental Dream (a crowd pleaser among my friends), Intensé Tiaré, Vanilla Extasy, Powder Flowers, Aoud Velvet, Pretty Fruity...
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Please compare Aoud Damascus, Aoud Queen Roses, Aoud Rose Petals and Attar

I have all four of these Montales in my collection. For the last two questions I'd choose 1, 2, & 4.

Attar projects very well , I would say even better than Black Aoud and is as Postumo said "classic". Attar is the most brightest for sure.

The sandalwood in Attar didn't work at all for me. Queen Roses is a very feminine rose. I don't seem to remember liking Aoud Damascus very much, so my favourite is definitely Aoud Roses Petals, which has a great balance between the rose (slightly in the foreground) and the oud.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Well... Attar is elegant and classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Attar projects very well , I would say even better than Black Aoud and is as Postumo said "classic".
    What do you guys mean with "classic"? Does it have old school vibe to it? I dont like scents with old school vibe like Mitsouko, Habit Rouge, No.5, Egoiste...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Aoud Damascus is similar to Black Aoud with its oud+rose combo, but it's has more rose than oud/patchouli.
    Yep. I read somewhere that Aoud Damascus is similiar to Black Aoud just with % oud + rose reversed. This is what I'd like. BA smelled good on her but I think that more roses would be even better.

BTW I also tried Juliette Has a Gun - Midnight Oud and prefer Black Aoud over it which has more depth IMO.
    Last edited by dreamer81; 26th July 2012 at 01:27 PM.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Thanks for feedback everyone.

I ordered Aoud Damascus and Aoud Queen Roses. I tested them today. It is true that Aoud Damascus is similiar to Black Aoud, just with opposite amount of rose/aoud and less complex.
    Aoud Queen Roses to my nose is darker than both (Black Aoud and Aoud Damascus), has less aoud, is sweeter than both. Rose is in this one is different type than in BA and AD. IMO Aoud Queen Roses is kinda gothic scent and smells more complex than AD to me.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Basenotes Plus

Dreamer, if you want an absolutely beautiful rose/aoud/patchouli scent that is not to strong on the aoud, and has a breathtaking rose note, then I would like to recommend Czech & Speake's "Dark Rose."