Code of Conduct

Default Serge Lutens Question

I am starting to explore the world of Serge Lutens and got a sample of Cuir Mauresque frm the company. They enclosed a chart of all the notes and a price list. The list is separated in three categories ..
    L'eau, Arabie, Sa Majeste La Rose, A La Nuit, Ambre Sultan, etc

HAUTE CONCENTRATION
    Daim Blond, Cedre, Louve, Serge Noire, Fille en Aiguuilles, Chypre Rouge

SPECIAL EDITION Releases
    Un Lys, Chen, Chergui, Borneo 1834, Muscs Koublai Khan, Un Bois Sepia, Boi et Fruits, Bois et Violette, Santa de Mysore, Vetiver Oriental, Cuir Mauresque

What is the difference between Haute Concentration and the regular? All are listed as EDP 50ML. The regular ones are all $120 (except L'eau which is 150). The Haute's are all 140. The Special Editions are all 140 except the three Bois and Santal which are $200.

The Special Edition Releases - Do these only last a limited time and then go away? For example, if I like Cuir Mauresque should I jump on that now before it goes away?

I've read threads that mention Serge Lutens adding frags to their export line. Does that mean certain frags are only available in certain markets? ie exclusive to Europe / exclusive to France? If I went to fully explore their collection, will I need to add a day in Paris during my annual European trip?

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Serge Lutens Question

Certain of the SL fragrances are only available to purchase in-store in Paris, e.g. boxeuses. If you live in Europe, you can however, order these exclusives on-line.
    If I remember correctly, Cuir Mauresque was originally only available as a Paris exclusive. It was added to the export line at the end of last year, so should be available wherever SL perfumes are sold outside of France. I think. Maybe somebody can correct me.

gandhajala is saying that certain perfumes are exclusively sold at the Paris boutique but sometimes launched internationally for a limited period.

In regards to the differences between Haute, beige and black collection im not sure either but the haute is more expensive.

The export line:

- Black collection= Haute concentration (= high concentration) = for certain perfumes who recquire an higher concentration of perfume in it, so a higher price..They are black labeled. It's not mean they have more longevity it's just ratio perfume/alcool.

- White collection= white label bottle, standart concentration

- Limited ephemeral collection: white packaging+ black square, is for some of the exclusive who are temporarily in the export line. Some limited have been put into the permanent because they had a big commercial success (ex: Chergui, Fleurs d'oranger). Normally there is one ephemeral each year, but in practice you can easily find stock in shop or ebay during more longtime after.

Regardless black or beige packaging i thought they are all in the same price except for the Paris exclusive one

Quote Originally Posted by CX827 View Post
    Regardless black or beige packaging i thought they are all in the same price except for the Paris exclusive one
    No CX - there's a difference, even here, of around HKD 200 / USD 25 or so.

^Thanks! been thinking about to take one Borneo 1834 before next price increase

cx827, a lovelty earthy patchouli with equally earthy coca. Its not a greeny patchouli, nor is it a gourmand chocolate. Very earthy and nice. one of my all time favorite SL. I try to use it less so I enjoy it every time i wear it.

djron:

as you've seen from the other posts, you do need to go to Paris if you want to smell the whole line. Many perfumes are sold exclusively in the Palais Royal boutique (close to the Louvre). These includes some of the best (Iris Silver Mist, La Myrrhe, Sarrasin, El Attarine, etc). Sometimes, some of these get added to the export line (that is, to the line that is distributed elsewhere), but it's kind of random.

Of course, there are very many perfumes in the export line to sample first, so you can postpone your trip to Paris...

cacio

Diggin' this old post ,i have not quite understand the whole "ephemeral" range thing.
    I own a black labeled botlle of Chergui,which has the same price with the haute concentration range.
    Is this black labed Chergui more concentrated than the regular?
    Rarities and Goodies--> http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/pasxos_p