Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Robert Piguet Blossom, Chai & Jeunesse

From nstperfume.com:

Robert Piguet will launch the Pacific Collection, a trio of fragrances “inspired by the lush beauty of the Pacific”, this fall. Blossom, Chai and Jeunesse were developed by perfumer Aurelien Guichard.

Blossom ~ featuring orange, neroli, orange blossom,bitter orange leaves and musk.

Chai ~ with bergamot leaves, orange blossom, white tea, honey and yerbamate.

Jeunesse ~ the notes include blackcurrant, raspberries, pomegranate and musk.

Robert Piguet Blossom, Chai and Jeunesse will be available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: Robert Piguet Blossom, Chai & Jeunesse

Will be looking forward to trying these.

Wow, they are on a roll now, 7 new fragrances so far this year.

I think Mr.Reasonable tried these...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I like current piguets, but it sounds too many. Aurelien Guichard did Visa (and Chinatown), so we should expect sweet gourmand with little or no relation to the Pacific coast. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm happy that there is no mention of marine notes, and that decomposing algae and beached cetaceans have not been an inspiration.

cacio

Banned

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I like current piguets, but it sounds too many. Aurelien Guichard did Visa (and Chinatown), so we should expect sweet gourmand with little or no relation to the Pacific coast. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm happy that there is no mention of marine notes, and that decomposing algae and beached cetaceans have not been an inspiration.

cacio
    Then for the love of God don't go near their Oud...which is basically M/Mink! GAAAH!

Basenotes Plus

Aurelian Guichard has done a heck of a lot more than Visa and Chinatown. He's one of my favorite perfumers and I admire how he interprets a brief for his clients.

http://www.nstperfume.com/perfumers-...lien-guichard/

He's very articulate and kind in person, btw.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

These were on display at a Piguet event a couple of weeks ago to officially launch the other new ones that Piguet have been rolling out. I think we got a sneak preview because the Piguet Exec. explained that Blossom, Chai & Jeunesse are aimed at the East Asian market. With everything going on I only had a quick sniff on paper of Blossom & Jeunesse, both of which were very pleasant and seemed moderately subtle. Jeunesse had a sophistication about it that surprised me given the fruity berry note-list - a nice balance with the musk.

I did spend a little more time with Chai, because the notes interested me. Only a first impression, but it evolved from a bright 'freshly mown lawn' opening (think Herba Fresca, L'Eau d'Artisan) into quite a sexy 'off-white floral' aura that for some reason reminded me of what women were wearing here in HK in the 80's. I can't name any specific scent - it was just something about the 'quality' of it. Kevin (Guyer) mentioned that he recently read that there is no synthetic Beeswax accord, so if that's the case it may be the sense of a natural 'body' to the scent provided by a Beeswax absolute, that gave me a flashback the 80's - dunno?

I think these should do well here - good positioning for this market.

Scent:

the horror! Who would have expected that from Piguet? Well, as long as they keep doing Bandit in a decent way...

Reasonable:

so the mention of Asian market means that they are somewhat light, watery, fresh, florals, with some sweetness?

cacio