Code of Conduct

Unhappy Fake Terre d'Hermes?

Good time of day everyone. I got a problem and need your opinion. Recently I purchased Hermes Eau de Toilette Spray from cheapsmells and I got doubts about it`s authenticity. Thing is that this smell doesn`t stays long on my skin - after 2-3 hours I can`t feel it anymore. Is it supposed to be like that or it`s something wrong with my skin? I had 212 Sexy Men perfume and it lasted for me whole day with 1-2 sprays. Now I use Hermes 3-4 sprays on neck and after 3-4 hours I can`t feel it`s scent. So is it fake or it just have weak scent?

Default Re: Fake Terre d'Hermes?

Cheapsmells is legit as far as I know. It's more likely that you're suffering from nasal fatigue if you're wearing 4 sprays on your neck. The nose gets tired very quickly. Chances are others will be able to smell it on you. Also, it's not a monster in the longevity department anyway (not compared to the likes of A*Men, 1 Million, Le Male etc). You can't compare it's longevity to another fragrance, in this case 212, as each scent will perform differently and uniquely on your skin.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Try two sprays on the chest and two on the neck.
    That is how I spray it and I can smell it all day long on myself.

I've never used Cheapsmells, but I have found fake Terre d'Hermes at a few jockey lots.

If Terre D'Hermes lasts less than 6-8 hours I'd say it's either fake or olfactory fatigue. Maybe you're smelling it too much and all the Iso E Super is burning your nose out.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Wilx View Post
    Good time of day everyone. I got a problem and need your opinion. Recently I purchased Hermes Eau de Toilette Spray from cheapsmells and I got doubts about it`s authenticity. Thing is that this smell doesn`t stays long on my skin - after 2-3 hours I can`t feel it anymore. Is it supposed to be like that or it`s something wrong with my skin? I had 212 Sexy Men perfume and it lasted for me whole day with 1-2 sprays. Now I use Hermes 3-4 sprays on neck and after 3-4 hours I can`t feel it`s scent. So is it fake or it just have weak scent?
    I can't speak to Cheapsmells, but TdH should have superb longevity and should easily last all day (I get at least 12 hours out of it). As others have mentioned it could be olfactory fatigue...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I can't speak to Cheapsmells, but TdH should have superb longevity and should easily last all day (I get at least 12 hours out of it). As others have mentioned it could be olfactory fatigue...
    Thanks for reply, but no, it`s not. I said I use 4 sprays now because I can`t feel it after 2 hours. When I just started to use it I did only 1 spray and had the same issue. At the moment I got it and two other smells on my hands. I can feel those perfeclty while Hermes is gone after 2 hours...

P.S. Oh, and who used cheapsmells anyways? Is there a point to send them back? Because I will have to pay money to send smells back and I don`t know if they will accept it.

Banned

I was happy Hermès came out with the parfum-version, which of course has altered the smell of the EdT, but provides far more longevity for me. I wasn't satisfied with the EdT's "performance". What you could also do, Wilx, is comparing the design of your bottle to the many pictures of Terre d'Hermès available on the internet. Also try spraying it on paper or fabric; if it lasts there for much longer than on your skin, then it might be your skin which is to blame. :-)

I have purchased more than 20 fragrances to Cheapsmells during the last 2 years and never faced a single problem of fake product.I think that they are very reliable.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I was happy Hermès came out with the parfum-version, which of course has altered the smell of the EdT, but provides far more longevity for me. I wasn't satisfied with the EdT's "performance". What you could also do, Wilx, is comparing the design of your bottle to the many pictures of Terre d'Hermès available on the internet. Also try spraying it on paper or fabric; if it lasts there for much longer than on your skin, then it might be your skin which is to blame. :-)
    I am with you on this one. The EDT version, which I purchased at the Hermes store, gives me no more than 2 hours, maybe 3. The parfum lasts quite a bit longer on my skin.

Cheapsmells is a very reputable retailer. I would expect the chances of getting a fake bottle from them about as likely as getting one from Sephora.

However, be mindful of the impact shipping fragrance internationally can have in a brutal summer. Mail facilities and warehouses for customs can leave packages in well over 100 degree temps for hours or days, especially this year. Not sure where the original poster is from though.

I've ordered from Cheapsmells three times, all within the past month, and all three times the stuff I've received has definitely been genuine - I'd be very surprised indeed if they shipped anyone a fake.
    Alan

Cheapsmells are 100% reliable for me. Purchased about 10+ bottles from them, including my Tdh 2 years ago. It lasts the whole day on me, even when I went back to Malaysia where temperatures are 35°C and above daily. Put it on for work at 6.30am, could still smell it at 6pm when I got off work to pick my gf.

Sounds to me like a skin chemistry thing, or perhaps go easy on the trigger especially on your neck.

I own the Terre d'Hermes EDT version and it last on me for at least 8 hours. One thing I would suggest (maybe not the best suggestion) is to spray a few sprays on a cotton ball and leave it out on a night stand or something for about 5 or 6 hours and then come back and smell it. If it is legit you should be able to pick up the scent and more than likely if it is a fake the scent will be gone within a couple of hours. I only say this because almost always when I get in a new fragrance I spray it on a cotton ball to let people smell it and often forget to throw the cotton balls away ... often times the next morning I will find the cotton ball and I can still pick up a feint scent on it.
    Living each day one spray at a time

Pictures please!!!
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by Avecesar View Post
    I have purchased more than 20 fragrances to Cheapsmells during the last 2 years and never faced a single problem of fake product.I think that they are very reliable.
    X2

4 sprays on the neck is too much. I spray once on my chest and it lasts a long time. Ask someone else to smell you. Perhaps on your skin it doesn't last as well, on me it's fine and I have no problem with longevity.

Never had a problem with that company. I'd bet it's fine.

Cheapsmells is probably my favourite internet store right now. Their customer service is superb and I have done a lot of purchases from them over the past year or so.

My father purchased a bottle of Terre d' Hermes from them back in April or May. Apart from the week-long delivery (or so), he is very pleased and I can vouch that his bottle is legit as well.

Try the cotton wool bud suggestion above and see how that works out for you. Also try not using this fragrance for 2-3 days so that your nose forgets it (use something else), then come back to it and only do 2 sprays.

Do report back and let us know how you get on.

Try about 25 sprays and see how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Pictures please!!!
    Here you go - http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/...rre%20dHermes/

I sprayed it on a piece of paper. I still can feel it on paper after 12 hours. So for how long it should stay there if it`s not fake?

I wouldn't have any concerns. I suspect others are smelling it long after you aren't.

Banned

Here you go - http://s1254.photobucket.com/albums/...rre%20dHermes/

I sprayed it on a piece of paper. I still can feel it on paper after 12 hours. So for how long it should stay there if it`s not fake?
    Judging from the pictures (good ones!) it is legitimate; also consider what the others said how trustworthy the shop seems to be. If you soak a piece of paper with ca. 4 or 5 sprays (applied to the same spot) it will last longer than 12 hours, that's my experience.

Blog Entries

Looks authentic to me.

I see on the pictures that it's labelled "Eau de Toilette" ; if it was a fake, it would be labelled "Toilet Water" or "Water of Toilet" , this last one being a sophisticated translation of the original french name . You are OK

mihailo

I heard so many times something was off when it comes to online shopping that I decided I would order only niche fragrances from well known sources.
    I may be paranoid, but I'm happy. Buying at retail prices is more expensive, but at least I'm happy.
    Last edited by mihailo; 9th August 2012 at 11:27 PM.

Hermes perfumes have awful lasting power in me.