Code of Conduct

Default Narsico Rodriguez For Him EDT

Just received my bottle today and I am loving it. Probably smelled once a few years ago and didn't think much of it at the time. Smelled at Saks a few days ago and knew I had to have it.

I have to agree with some reviews that it does have a bit of a Fahrenheit and Antaeus vibe to it. I have always wanted Antaeus but I felt like for some reason, I couldn't pull it off. NRFH seems to be a modern, tamer, and easier to wear alternative.

Default Re: Narsico Rodriguez For Him EDT

I agree, its sweet but dry, classic but modern, manly but not macho.
    It fits perfectly the 2000s.

I agree that it is not as hard as people think to pull off. Its even nice in the summer.

Banned

This was made by Kurkdjian, I was just reminded by a look into the basenotes directory.

1.) I always find it fascinating what different types of fragrances one perfumer can create. Kurkdjian is still young (*1969) and has already created some influential perfumes. It will be interesting to follow his path up to his "mature" style some day.

2.) I think Narciso Rodriguez for Her is genius and was a bit disappointed by For Him. I wish it had (to me) this compelling quality the female version (which I cannot wear, however) is full of.

3.) I need to try For Him more often, because I'm always captivated by how it starts and I am usually sorry that it fades so fast into something I can barely smell.

4.) Glad you like it!

It's a great fragrance. I think you have to be a fan of violet leaf to even go near it.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicDermis View Post
    I agree that it is not as hard as people think to pull off. Its even nice in the summer.
    Mid 90s today and humid and it still worked for me.

Don't know exactly what violet leaf smells like but I love Fahrenheit and NRFM so I guess it is a possibility.

Its one of the most satisfying buys of mine, I love a risk! I blind buy quite a bit because its about 40mins to a store that has peanuts of the fragrance world. There is nothing like opening a package after hours of research and getting that first sniff hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I agree, its sweet but dry, classic but modern, manly but not macho.
    It fits perfectly the 2000s.
    I like your description. I feel the same way.
    Its one of the most satisfying buys of mine, I love a risk! I blind buy quite a bit because its about 40mins to a store that has peanuts of the fragrance world. There is nothing like opening a package after hours of research and getting that first sniff hahah.
    I love getting a package in the mail. I was home today (not just for the package) and I couldn't wait to spray this on.

It is just too good for me...I love it.

It's a wonderful scent.

It's a gorgeous fragrance, the Musc Collection version is also gorgeous (I kinda prefer it actually) and I really want to track down the EdP...

I like it but think I'd like it better if it was less sweet.

For me it is very similiar in style with Fahrenheit Absolute. I like NR but already own FA so dont feel like I need NR. Anyway I expected something unwearable but it is nice masculine and modern stuff.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Hilaire View Post
    It's a gorgeous fragrance, the Musc Collection version is also gorgeous (I kinda prefer it actually) and I really want to track down the EdP...
    I don't know if they have the Musc or the EDP anywhere in the states that I know of. I do like to try before I buy even if it is a varient of the original. I made that mistake with Jaipur. I tried and liked the EDT. I bought the EDP and didn't like it as much.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    For me it is very similiar in style with Fahrenheit Absolute. I like NR but already own FA so dont feel like I need NR. Anyway I expected something unwearable but it is nice masculine and modern stuff.
    Same here. Idk where I can try Fahrenheit Absolute. I have smelled Fahrenheit (new/vintage), Fahrenheit 32, and Fahrenheit Aqua. I will have to check that one out also if I can find it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I don't know if they have the Musc or the EDP anywhere in the states that I know of. I do like to try before I buy even if it is a varient of the original. I made that mistake with Jaipur. I tried and liked the EDT. I bought the EDP and didn't like it as much.

I think the Musc Collection should be available in the States fairly readily, the EdP is hard to find everywhere though

I recently purchased a bottle from fragrancenet with the 15 percent discount. You can get it from there.

Can't seem to find it on there EpicDermis... maybe they sold out?

I just checked, I think you are correct. I see one on amazon, here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Narciso-Rodrig...Rodriguez+Musc

I thought it was nice, but ultimately ended up giving away my bottle to a friend. The Musc for him EDP on the other hand is another story, much nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    I thought it was nice, but ultimately ended up giving away my bottle to a friend. The Musc for him EDP on the other hand is another story, much nicer.
    I really don't like Musc for him . Classic NR is much, much better IMO...

For my taste the NRFH is something I can wear anytime, and the MUSC is what I would use when I am dressed with a tie because of its dirty nature. I would not want it on causal because it could seem as though I was not very clean( that is, once it has dried down). Very edgy the both of them, I favor FH more because it has more evolution IMO.

I like it much too. At first I thought it was weird since right now not much frag like the gray power house of the 80s. But its wet cement type feel some describe is hard not to like for me.

I just checked, I think you are correct. I see one on amazon, here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Narciso-Rodrig...Rodriguez+Musc

Ah yeah, no that was my fault for having poor grammar, I didn't mean the Musc Collection EdP (I have a bottle of that), I meant the new EdP version of Narciso Rodriguez for Him, which perversely is basically the same composition as Musc Collection but with Pink Pepper in place of Red Berries LOL

Ah yeah, no that was my fault for having poor grammar, I didn't mean the Musc Collection EdP (I have a bottle of that), I meant the new EdP version of Narciso Rodriguez for Him, which perversely is basically the same composition as Musc Collection but with Pink Pepper in place of Red Berries LOL
    Ahhh...ok, I dont have that one either lol