Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fragrances you keep going back to even though you don't like them???

Go back to many scents, but I like all that I possess.

Default Re: Fragrances you keep going back to even though you don't like them???

If the frag has something that seems promising I usually give it at least one more try, unless it's really expensive (and then I'm glad it's only a sample). I feel that now I can do an ankle sampling and decide if it should get a regular wearing without regrets.

Closest thing for me would be Tuscan Leather. It's not accurate to say that I 'don't like' it, but I was underwhelmed at first, but keep giving it chances to win me over!

Zino, Kouros, Armani Attitude
    Top 5 (random order):
    1. Creed Aventus
    2. L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme
    3. Le Labo Rose 31
    4. Terre D'Hermes EdT
    5. YSL Rive Gauche

Fahrenheit.

I can only echo the thoughts on Habit Rouge (EDP) I love sniffing it now and then but its got something about it which just doesn't sit right with me.

It conjures up a very decreped image in my head of what I'm thinking it smells like.

I hated Mitsouko and Bandit when I first smelled them. Very glad I tried a few times because they're favorites now. If I hate something, I certainly won't buy it. But I will keep smelling it just to be sure.
    Currently wearing: Mitsouko by Guerlain

I, too, have problems with Habit Rouge. I really want to like it, and on paper it sounds perfect, but ...

Come to think of it, I just don't get on with most Guerlains. Love the house and respect its history and quality, their fragrances nad my skin just don't get on. Doesn't stop me sniffing whenever I get the chance, though.

I think it is worth going back to Basenotes 'well-loved favourites' every once in a while. I did 180 degrees on The Dreamer and Prada Infusion d'Homme, so I would have missed out on those beauties (mind you, the former was a blind buy). Of course it doesn't always work like that and there are plenty that despite repeat testing I don't like (I've drawn a line under K10 and TF Extreme for example). But it's nice to be sure in your own mind that you are not missing out on something! I exclude 'scrubbers' from this schedule; the chances of success are slim and they just make me grumpy.
    Currently wearing: The Dreamer by Versace

YSL Pour Homme - have gone through about a third of a bottle, and still don't know if I like it or not!
    Eau d'Hermes - have owned two bottles, both of which ended up being swapped BUT I keep trying it, finding I like it, and want another bottle! Going to try 'vintage' next time.

Hardly any, but if there were some, the Hugo Boss scents my be included. While they are not the worst and I like some of them, even if the overall impression is not the best, I try to revisit them all the time and find more favorites.
    Currently wearing: Citrus & Wood by Yardley

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    If I don't like it I don't go back.
    This!

Just about any aquatic summer sorta fragrance.... Just dont really enjoy them as much... But when its 90 degrees out what can ya do? shrug

Kouros unfortunately, I loved that scent. It's not that I don't like it, it's more so that the warmer notes have disappeared. Stuff like the animallic honey, I can't even detect it anymore. All I get is a harsh, musky incense smell all throughout.

Fahrenheit. About every six months I convince myself I will like this scent, in part because my partner likes it, so I get a sample and always end up hating it.