Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Coco Noir de Chanel

Yes, I would love for Chanel to use that incense again..it was nice. And yes, in a non-musky scent..that would be very nice!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I found it disappointing, underwhelming and quite frankly annoying. I expected so much better from Chanel.

I was suprised I did not find it that bad when I sniffed it on my friend's skin (a woman) today. Chances are that you like it if Coco Mademoiselle (It's one of the few I detest, so Noir is a big improvement) or Lipstick Rose is your thing. The problem here is - like so often - the sweet (white) musk base that smells so artificial and like it could instantly induce a diabetes problem. Other than that, it's a generic fruity patchouli with the lipstick thing going on.

Agreed, tested the fragrance at Nordstrom. I can definitely say it is not deserving of the price tage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymph View Post
    I found it disappointing, underwhelming and quite frankly annoying. I expected so much better from Chanel.

Tried it today in Selfridges, I smell a lot of the DNA of the reformulated Coco (since about 3 years now?)

eh... the drydown is really disappointing. not that its anything special out of the bottle. I'm sure this was introduced to eventually phase out Coco and leave only this and "Mad"

David Jones, Canberra City: finally available at the counter tomorrow 2 September, apparently. A Sunday.

Yay Canberra, the last to receive any new release. :-)