Code of Conduct

Default How can I get a sample of Fahrenheit Absolute?

I thought I found a sample at Scented Monkey, but my order was cancelled because they don't have it anymore. Ugh! I really want to smell this one so I can figure out if it's worth seeking a bottle before they're all gone.

Why do I keep finding things after they've been discontinued? NOTE TO SELF! Find them before they're discontinued. BEFORE, not after. Sigh...

Default Re: How can I get a sample of Fahrenheit Absolute?

I'm not sure where you can find a sample, but it's a great fragrance. If you like the original Fahrenheit but find the new formulation too fleeting, I'm sure you'll like this. It's rich, robust and dark; brooding almost. A very classy fragrance. Grab one before it's too late!
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Has this one already been discontinued? Why? It is such a great fragrance. If you are a Fahrenheit fan, you will enjoy FA. It is by far, the longest lasting of all, now that the original has been re-formulated. I can't believe Dior has already discontinued FA. I really enjoy this scent. I recommend you try ebay for some samples.

I happen to enjoy the current Fahrenheit formulation, but it's the only one I know. I foolishly had a negative opinion of Fahrenheit for ages, so I ignored it! And I have no idea why...

I'm nervous about blind buying this one.

UPDATE! Looks like I found a sample. Hooray!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow - I didn't realize Absolute was launched AFTER Fahrenheit 32, yet 32 is still in stores and FA was discontinued. How odd. I wonder why.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 25th July 2012 at 10:26 PM.

Absolute was discontinued? That's unfortunate...it's one fragrance I wish I wouldn't have sold...I might have to repurchase soon.

It's much better than Fahrenheit 32...WAY better than Aqua, and I might even enjoy it more than the original...man...I wish I kept it...

Anyways, it might be worth a blind buy, it's pretty unique and definitely well done. Hard to describe really....like a dark cathedral or something

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    ...Why do I keep finding things after they've been discontinued? ......
    Where did you read that Fahreheit Absolute has been discontinued ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Where did you read that Fahreheit Absolute has been discontinued ?
    I second the question; it's still on Dior's homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I second the question; it's still on Dior's homepage
    Is it? I'd swear I heard it had been discontinued. Maybe I just goofed since I can't find it in any of the stores I know that sell Fahrenheit and its flankers.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not seeing it on Dior's site. I see aqua, 32, shower gel, etc. But I'm not seeing Absolute.

It's not good, don't bother.
    Very cuminy in a bad dry-dusty-hairy-armpit-that-hasn't-sweated-or-been-washed-in-a-week manner.

I don't think Fahrenheit Absolute has been discontinued, it is just not sold in the U.S. Neither is Dior Homme Intense. I got mine off ebay. The only time I have seen it for sale in the U.S. was in a Duty Free shop at the airport a few days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Very cuminy in a bad dry-dusty-hairy-armpit-that-hasn't-sweated-or-been-washed-in-a-week manner.
    The Cumin only lasts in a prominent role for about 30 seconds on me. It eventually fades into the background and is not noticeable in the drydown.
    Last edited by JonVengeance; 26th July 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Banned

Evoking a dark yet mellow character, Fahrenheit Absolute by Christian Dior is a somewhat avant-garde composition and well done.

deleted

This is a spot on comparison IMO. Absolute cannot hold a candle to the original.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

I had been looking for a sample for a long time because I was convinced I would love this fragrance, but when I finally bought a sample on eBay and tried it I was majorly disappointed. I even went to a store and asked for another sample because I thought the sample from eBay was off or a fake.

I think it's a really bland, stale, nondescript, soulless fragrance with a very subtle hint of something floral. To me it conjures up images of a half dead flower drowning in a pool of wet cement. Not at all the smoky, incensy devil's brew I expected it to be...

I thought I found a sample at Scented Monkey, but my order was cancelled because they don't have it anymore. Ugh! I really want to smell this one so I can figure out if it's worth seeking a bottle before they're all gone.

Why do I keep finding things after they've been discontinued? NOTE TO SELF! Find them before they're discontinued. BEFORE, not after. Sigh...
    There ya go buddy-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1413

There ya go buddy-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1413

Sur la Plage

Fahrenheit (vintage) > Fahrenheit Absolute >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fahrenheit (current)

But FA is an excellent fragrance in its own right.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 28th July 2012 at 08:15 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JonVengeance View Post
    I don't think Fahrenheit Absolute has been discontinued, it is just not sold in the U.S. Neither is Dior Homme Intense.
    Ah-HA! That explains why others see it on Dior's site but I don't. They're not in the U.S. Now I'm REALLY hoping it'll be something I enjoy! I love owning scents that are less common (less common in real life, I mean. I don't mind if something is common here on basenotes).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Absolute cannot hold a candle to the original.
    I don't like judging once scent against another unless they smell so similar it wouldn't make sense to own both. I just plan on smelling FA and judging it as its own scent, as if it weren't even a flanker... and as if it didn't even have Fahrenheit in the name.

So, Absolute may not compare against the original Fahrenheit to some. But how does it stand up when judged on its own? For me, it's all about whether or not a scent is something I'd love to wear. FA has potential to be right up my alley. I'm excited to give it a try
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 26th July 2012 at 09:09 PM.

Smells sort of bad up close but the sillage is great.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Love this fragrance.

To the OP, there are plenty of bottles around. Especially online sites. Heck, even those small fragrance shops in my town sell this ( to my somewhat surprise).

But I really don't get why this is compared to the original. The two have very little in common and have a totally different feel to them
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I'm not sure where you can find a sample, but it's a great fragrance.
    Agree.

Just sampled this today. If Jil Sander Man (chunky blue cube bottle) married and had a child with the original Christian Dior Fahrenheit ... Fahrenheit Absolute would be the offspring.

Sur la Plage

So did you get a chance to try it?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A friend was kind enough to give me a decant of this. Four hours in after spraying on my left hand and this is absolutely sublime. Very under-appreciated fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    So did you get a chance to try it?
    Yes, and thank you SO much!!! It's... uhm... interesting. Something about it doesn't work on my skin at all (do I smell cumin, perhaps?). I must have some strange body chemistry. Trying to predict what works and what doesn't is quite a challenge.

I'm going to try this one again once the weather cools down.

Let us know how you really feel...LOL!

i think i might have a new carded sample i can give you

The only fragrance that gets me compliments. Haven't worn it in many months. Need to give it a try again before summers arrive.

If good I will buy another bottle, I can barely remember the smell apart from the fact that it contains oud.