Code of Conduct

Default Tea based frag similar to G PH II

I love G PH II however the longevity just isnt enough for me. Any suggestions on something similar and close in smell but with greater longevity.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Tea based frag similar to G PH II

You should check out l'artisan's tea for two.

I can't currently think about something exactly similar to Gucci Pour Homme II but with better staying power. Why don't you just try to bypass the longevity issues by applaying the fragrance both on skin and on clothes?

Tea For Two is a good option but, IMO, shares almost nothing with the Gucci. It's way much smokier...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Yup. There is nothing like Gucci ph II that I smelled so far.

Tea For Two is also tea based but way more dense, smoky and without fresh elements of Gucci ph II.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Banned

Try:

Thé Brun by Jean-Charles Brosseau - Upon application, one is treated to a lovely, black tea accord. The smoky and full-bodied, lapsang souchong wafts about commingling with the orangey and subtly peppery bergamot, as well as wisps of vanilla and cinnamon. Transitioning to the heart, florals, namely, a tutti-frutti jasmine, the sweetly powdery woodiness of violet, and the sweetish citrus of orange blossom, brew with the aromatic tea. Segueing to the robust base, the fragrant tea is bouyed by Brazillian rosewood, with its spicy floral facets. A spicy sweetness, akin to anise, of cumin, with a whisper of sweat, couples with an exotic, floral and woody musk and a somewhat smoky and slightly powdery lavender to enhance the aromatics. An enticing drydown ensues. This wonderous, masculine composition is part of the Homme Collection, and has average projection, becoming a skin scent after a couple of hours, and average longevity. Its reasonable, price point only heightens its appeal.

Yves Rocher Fraicheur Vegetale Eau de The Vert

I'm actually wearing Gucci pour Homme II right now and in fact am quite disappointed with it. I tried it for the first time a couple of months ago and totally LOVED it, I almost bought a full bottle right away but somehow it never happened. Yesterday I was ready to order a full bottle but decided to sample it just one more time before I pull the trigger just to be sure.

So, I'm wearing it right now and I'm really surprised to find out I don't really like it at all. It's definitely not bad but it's smells quite harsh and really synthetic to me, absolutely not how I remember it smelled like which is really soft, warm and comforting. I hate it when these things happen...

Daze this happens to me with every frag, even some 5 stars. Just keep sampling under different conditions. You may change your mind again (or let it go if you wish )
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    You should check out l'artisan's tea for two.
    Agree.

I don't think that there is anything on the market like Gucci PH II. Tea for Two is somewhat similar, but is more smokey and to my nose, the tea note in the Gucci is infinitely better. Such a shame this one is being discontinued. I've just bought another 50ml of it so I'm set for life!
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Annick Goutal Duel
    V&R Spicebomb
    The aforementioned T4T
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Tea For Two is a good option but, IMO, shares almost nothing with the Gucci. It's way much smokier...
    Exactly. T42 is nothing like Gucci PH II - thankfully.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Tea for Two seems to be brought up every time Gucci PH II is talked about, personally I think it's a mistake. GPH2 used to be one of my favorites, but I went looking for something similar and got recommended Tea for Two. I was a little surprised when I got it, it smells pretty different. I grew to love it though so it might still be worth the chance, just don't go in expecting GPH2.

Are you SURE you're having longevity issues with GphII? I ask because I own it and easily get 10 hours from 2 sprays, and I smell it on my shirt the next morning. The scent changes, but the drydown really sticks around.

Having read some other threads about TF2 and GPHII I thought they'd smell similar, but like others have said they are totally different. One is a dark spicy tea with violet leaf (GPHII) and the other is very smokey tobacco (cigarette) vibe with the tea being secondary. The closest thing I've smelled to GPHII is Burberry Touch.

Perhaps L'Occitane The Vert

Tea For Two is awesome.