Code of Conduct

Smile So glad I found this

Yves Rocher made a very good monoï/tiare showergel a few years ago but it was a limited edition and I couldn't find it anymore on the order list they sometimes sent to my mother. I really liked to use it in the summer, it makes me think so much about exotic islands.
    Now I just went back from a travel in Germany and there I saw an Yves Rocher dedicated shop. So just to try my chance, I went in the shop in the sole purpose to find this showergel and not only they had it, but they also just launched past month this wonderful EDT. It costed me only 15 Euros (about ~20$) for 100ml since it was half-priced for launching. For such a good fragrance, I consider it a bargain.
    Official website lists notes of tiare flowers, ylang-ylang and vanilla.

What a bunch of luck ! Because that's EXACTLY what I was looking for at the moment, a gorgeous monoï interpretation. The only comparison I could do with a tiare fragrance is my sample of Intense Tiare by Montale and I have to say it's absolutely too much powerful and not really what I was looking for, not exotic enough IMO and lacks the sweet touch of vanilla the Yves Rocher provides with so much class and delicacy.

This Eau des Vahinés is very strong the first minute but then projects just perfectly, not overbearing but still there. Longevity is extremely good, it lasts all day long easily and I don't need to spray a lot, 2-3 sprays are clearly enough and even only one can be noticed.

Now I know this particular smell, monoï, is very unpopular amongst men even here at BN, at the point I even hesitated to post in the female section But if by any chance, some guys here like that smell too, you should really try this one because it's so well done and very good quality for "just an Yves Rocher" product.

Thumbs up
    Top 3 : Jaisalmer | Bulgari Black | Body Kouros

Blog Entries

Default Re: So glad I found this

Congrats on your find, Scentational! l adore the smell of monoi/tiare & this definitely looks worth a try.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

If you're a monoï fan, then yeah I really hope you'll find it !
    I absolutely don't feel unsecure wearing that smell in public, but tell me one thing, though : do you find that smell inappropriate for a guy ? I mean, ok everybody can wear whatever as long as he's happy with it, but it doesn't mean one can't find a smell not very appropriate for a gender, and I'm asking your personal opinion just for curiosity
    If you want mine, I consider it unisex but still think it would suit a woman better than me, but it's such a soothing smell that reminds me some good memories at beach, it's just impossible not to use it myself. It has a special effect on me when I wear tiare smell on sunny days

Basenotes Institution

Mmmmmm, sounds good !
    I love the smell of Monoi oil which is weird as I have a negative thing about coconut . I am getting over my coconut bias but I have always adored Monoi oil .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I personally don't have anything against coconut, but I agree there's something familiar in those two smells. But except if my sense of smell is damaged, I don't detect something coconut-y in this one, just full tiare flowers with the right amount of vanilla

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scentational View Post
    If you're a monoï fan, then yeah I really hope you'll find it !
    I absolutely don't feel unsecure wearing that smell in public, but tell me one thing, though : do you find that smell inappropriate for a guy ? I mean, ok everybody can wear whatever as long as he's happy with it, but it doesn't mean one can't find a smell not very appropriate for a gender, and I'm asking your personal opinion just for curiosity
    If you want mine, I consider it unisex but still think it would suit a woman better than me, but it's such a soothing smell that reminds me some good memories at beach, it's just impossible not to use it myself. It has a special effect on me when I wear tiare smell on sunny days
    Speaking for myself; if my bf wore monoi, he would have to beat me off with a stick, l would not be able to stop sniffing him!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thanks for the suggestion. Since the Yves Rocher outlet opened at the local mall, I already amassed quite a few "fidelity points" from previous purchases, and since I am planning to return for recurrent shopping sprees there, I would so much like to try this- especially since they have in stock.

There is also a scent from Laurence Dumont from Les Senteurs Gourmandes collection called Vanille Monoi, if you like vanilla.

Fresh and great for the beach!

BTW, anyone can wear these summery scents, male or female. In the islands, everyone--men and women--wear flowers (leis, wreaths and head ornaments) and enjoy the scents of nature.

http://www.senteursgourmandes.fr/monoi.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Speaking for myself; if my bf wore monoi, he would have to beat me off with a stick, l would not be able to stop sniffing him!
    Ahah thanks for your opinion, it made me laugh imagining this scene

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose
    There is also a scent from Laurence Dumont from Les Senteurs Gourmandes collection called Vanille Monoi, if you like vanilla.

Fresh and great for the beach!
    And thank you for the tip, this brand seems not easily available here in Switzerland but I'll check for it if I go in France soon, I'm interested in any fragrance with tiare note and this one seems quite complex, at least in the list of notes. Where did you find it yourself ?

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    This is a wonderful scent.

Banned

Thanks for the heads up.

Rocher's UK Site has this on special offer at the moment - there's a good deal on a 'summer duo' pack - 100ml EDT & Bath/Showergel (+ a selection of free gifts!) - £13.50 (+£3.50 P+P) - check it out:

http://www.yves-rocher.co.uk/control...cmSrc=Category

Thanks Scentational for the heads up on this one!