Code of Conduct

Default Santa Maria Novella

Is there anywhere online I can buy legit Santa Maria Novella?

I can't seem to find anywhere. Especially in the UK.

If I called the UK store would they take an order over the phone?
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

Default Re: Santa Maria Novella

I don't know anywhere online either, but I think the UK stores do take phone orders.
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Basenotes Plus

http://www.lafcony.com/Merchant2/mer...uct_Code=10027

Don't know if they ship internationally.

https://minnewyork.com/manufacturer/santa-maria-novella

Min I am pretty sure ships internationally.

Basenotes Institution

There is a Santa Maria Novella shop in Green Park London.
    http://www.piccadilly-arcade.com/hea...-maria-novella

I think there is one on Walton Street in Knightbridge as well
    https://plus.google.com/100762159916...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Worth calling them and maybe you can do a phone order.

Good luck ! The one in Green Park / Piccadilly is really cute.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Yes Andy, Mims is right on the button. There is a store in Walton Street in London and another in Picadilly Arcade. But check the pricing. The 100ml EDC is 75 Euro's in Italy right now.

A couple of years ago SMN did seem to be setting up an online store but it never actually happened?!

i pass by the shop in piccadilly arcade on an almost daily basis, just to sniff the different frags they have on display, plus can't help myself and HAVE TO try tobacco toscano which is next on my 'must buy' list. but as foustie says, it's 75euro in italy and 80 in london. quite unfair isn't it?

Yes, I cannot understand why they do not have a UK website. They have two stores in London.

A friend is bringing me some from the range this month as she is going to Florence.
    DONNA

i struck lucky yesterday on the belgian ebay and got a bnib tabacco toscano for just under 50. makes a difference.
    just waiting for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Yes, I cannot understand why they do not have a UK website. They have two stores in London.

A friend is bringing me some from the range this month as she is going to Florence.
    What are you going to have Donna? I have banged on about this so much, but I know this range really well, have been a huge fan of their bath, body and home fragrance productes for many years. Do you mind if I point out some great things if you haven't quite decided?

The Melograno Bathsalts, big oily salts, will perfume you and your home.

The Body Milk is very special. Fragranced with Rose and Gardenia.

Tha actual Pot Pourri is inexpensive, maybe 15 Euro. I love it and it makes a relly nice wee gift, but it doesn't last for a year as they say it will.

The Terracotta Pomegranate, soaked in Melograno, does last for absolutely ages.

The Iris Powder toothpaste!! with clove bud oil.

The "Relax" Body Lotion from their more modern range.

The Algae Marina Shower Gel.

The soaps. Lovely but very hard because they are pressed and dried. Use them with an old fashioned flannel! Make gorgeous gifts. Various fragrances and prices. From about 9 Euro to 25 Euro for the big bar of Tabaco Toscano, a special moisturing formula.

The fragrances of course!! I have a few. As Danny says, the new Tabacco Toscano is really fantastic, a bit like a more refined Tobacco Vanille.

Donna, the best list and description of SMN prodects is on the Lafco New York website. SMN have a huge range. I am still discovering things which are new to me even after about twelve years or so! Ask your friend if she would be kind enough to bring you the big parchment list, it makes for loevly reading, and also, it is worthwhile asking for the items to be gift wrapped. The wrapping is lovely but they won't do it unless you ask.

And please tell your friend not to be put of by the attititude of the sales staff. They are trained to be formal, and I think that this is a mistake actually because this can translate to the customer as being rude and unhelpful. (Even Alfarom has commented on this and he is speaking the same language). The proprietor of a perfume shop that I know well in Italy was trained at SMN and she told me that they are trained to be like that!! I am lucky because she stocks the range in her tiny shop in Lucca and that is where I stock up. The shop in Via Della Scalla in Florence really is incredible though.

If there is anything that you can think of just ask!!

Well I changed my mind a few times. My friend has been a few times and always goes each time she goes to Florence. I didn't know her the last time she went.

So: Carnation edc
    Iris Latte Soap
    Calendula Cream( I love calendula creams)
    DONNA

Lovely Donna. Come back when you have got them and tell us what you think!

Will do.
    DONNA

Finally got my items.

Love the carnation edc, it really does last on the skin. A true spicy carnation.
    The soap OMG!!!!! Smells divine. Trouble is, I only got one bar!!!!! Not friend's fault it seems they only offered one bar!!! LOL

The Calendula Cream, okay I have had a cold and my nose was rather rough. One small spot of cream and skin like silk!!! Going to use it as a night cream.

She did ask for samples and got a,"You tried." So rather strange, you would think they might even sell a pack of samples or something.
    DONNA

There is a SMN boutique in Los Angeles and last week I saw some of the line at Scent Bar, LuckyScent.com's brick and mortar store in LA. http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...a_Novella.html

The soaps smell indeed nice (though unfortunately I must be allergic to something because sometimes my hands get dry if I use them). Next time, try also the carnation bath oil. It is a nose clearing clove powerhouse. You need one drop for the whole bath!

cacio

Their attitude to sales in general is a little worrying. When I used to work near their Green Park store, I was astonished by how early they would close. I often visited on Saturdays, which is a little impossible now.

Nonetheless, only product I own from them is the very good winter balm for shaving, known as the Pre-Post Shave cream (Pre Dopo Barba Crema).

Would like to get some of the fragrances, but they barely last...

Enjoy them on good health Donna. Hi rum. I have been wearing both Pot Pourri and P'Eau D'Espagne a lot recently. They both have great longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Enjoy them on good health Donna. Hi rum. I have been wearing both Pot Pourri and P'Eau D'Espagne a lot recently. They both have great longevity.
    same with tobacco toscano, rum, great longevity. it wears very close to the skin but lasts forever. i cannot wait for cooler weather so i can start wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    same with tobacco toscano, rum, great longevity. it wears very close to the skin but lasts forever. i cannot wait for cooler weather so i can start wearing it.
    *gasp* Did you get the Tobacco Toscano Danny? Well done you! It is gorgeous. The last time I was in Italy I got the TT soap. It was really expensive actually, 25 Euro. I was going to keep it for Mr F's Xmas, but you know......

I think I might have the Fragrance the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    *gasp* Did you get the Tobacco Toscano Danny? Well done you! It is gorgeous. The last time I was in Italy I got the TT soap. It was really expensive actually, 25 Euro. I was going to keep it for Mr F's Xmas, but you know......

I think I might have the Fragrance the next time.
    yes i did, via ebay and quite cheap too, about 50 (fb, no box). see, this is what happens if you don't 'follow' the 'today i bought' thread, it's all there b..
    i can see the tt quickly becoming one of my favourites from the entire wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    yes i did, via ebay and quite cheap too, about 50 (fb, no box). see, this is what happens if you don't 'follow' the 'today i bought' thread, it's all there b..
    i can see the tt quickly becoming one of my favourites from the entire wardrobe.
    well done you lucky so and so....