Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a solution

Ok, this is probably/definitely going to sound a bit anal, but I don't care dammit! I know this isn't an expensive or "niche" perfume, but it's still bothering me bc it is so rare that I like a scent!

I recently purchased Eau Des Baux. I had tested it in the store and it smelled AMAZING to me/on me. It's really a lovely scent & pretty much exactly what I was looking for for the upcoming season. When I got home what I sprayed smelled like the same scent, only the spices were AMPLIFIED & up front. A lot. It smelled like cloves on my skin & I am not a fan of that. What I remembered smelling in the store (& on skin) was a smooth, warm & soft amber-y, vanillic scent. Slightly spicy but not the same. At first I thought I was imagining it but to be sure I ended up bringing my bottle to the store & tested them out side by side & they were in fact different! I had someone with me to confirm this finding. I asked the SA why this might be & she said due to the ingredients being harvested there could be batch variations. And here I was thinking this only happened with Creed So, I compared the batch numbers from my bottle & the store tester & they were different.

How would I go about tracking down a bottle with the batch number I like? Is this even possible or should i just forget it? Yes I feel kinda silly about being so picky, but I figured fellow basenoters would understand my, er.....quirk(?) better than anyone!

Default Re: Looking for a solution

Perhaps you will be lucky and find the same batch in a store. Maybe if you still can wear what you bought just go a little lighter.

Yes, I tried spritzing lighter. It's still sharp for me, unfortunately. But if I can't find the lighter stuff I'll end up working with that. I did check out a couple of bottles at the store and they didn't have corresponding batch numbers. The SA said I prob won't find them since they were from earlier in 2011 and what was currently in store was from late 2011. I could look at a different L'occitane when I have the chance. Lol, though I think that would be taking my obsession to a slightly unhealthy level. (I'd totally do it though). Thanks for yor reply.

Banned

I think that you have to move on.
    Batch variations can be frustrating, and, in your case, although you have the preferred batch, I do not think that there is an easy way for you to locate that particular batch.