Code of Conduct

Default Layering pure oud oil with Montale Black Aoud, Bond NY Oud, YSL M7 etc....

Many believes that there are absolutely no real oud in Montale Black Aoud, Bond NY Oud, YSL M7 etc... have you ever tried to layer pure oud oil with these fragrance to see how it would actually smell like with real oud? I'm going to try Montale Black Aoud with a pure oud call... Malinau Oud...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Layering pure oud oil with Montale Black Aoud, Bond NY Oud, YSL M7 etc....

Poor oud

Default Re: Layering pure oud oil with Montale Black Aoud, Bond NY Oud, YSL M7 etc....

I'm thinking too that the oud will be smothered by Montale's powerful synthetics.

But, as usual, the fact that they're synthetic doesn't mean that the perfume is bad. Real oud itself varies a lot in quality.

cacio

I have layered Oriscents Archipelago Supreme or Royal Kinam with Creeds Royal Oud, Xerjoffs Mamluk, Bonds NY Oud, M7, Montales Dark Aoud and TFs Oud Wood. The pure oud oils are of the sweeter type, not the sweaty type, in fact I find Bonds HSLE Oud more skanky than either of the pure Ouds mentioned. I liked the RO and M7 layerings the best, it gave RO more depth, without overpowering the other woods and spices. M7 actually outlasted the pure Ouds I tried it with, but while it lasted it was quite nice. I do get the impression that the synthetic oud in RO and M7 is different than the one used in HSLE, also the synthetic oud used only really captures one facet of pure oud.

Yeah....why?

You talk about oud as if there is only one type of oud oil.
    There are several types of oud oil. Ranging from austere to fecal to mildy sweet.

You'd first need to find a complimenting oud if you were to layer.

for swap/sale: