Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: ELdO Dangerous Complicity & The Afternoon of a Faun

DANGEROUS COMPLICITY

Gimme Danger Little Stranger !

Rum , Ginger , Coconut, Calamus essence, Osmanthus absolute, Egyptian Jasmine, Ylang Ylang,, Lorenox, Patchouli

EDP - 100ml / 3.4 Fl.Oz

Fragrances' inspirations: Adam & Eve

Created by Violaine Colas.

Fragrance's storytelling : Every dangerous complicity requires the infusion of something that can endure beyond desire, beyond the commitment – a scent that speaks the language of the skin. Something to remind you of what you have, what you had, what you could have again. So that when the intimacy is gone, there is still a scent to recall the memory of a touch. For inspiration, we look to Adam and Eve. By eating the forbidden fruit, complicity took on another
    dimension, and became dangerous. They lost their innocence and their paradise. The door was opened to carnal energy, they were liberated from restrictions, and they could now create their own version of Eden. That forbidden fruit became a one-way ticket to Etat Libre d’Orange.

Do you know the Osmanthus flower? The scent of the Chinese plant has a bewitching allure, and the tea which is made from its small white blossoms is known to encourage seduction. Add to this the jasmine, famed as an aphrodisiac. Then bind them together with the strength of leather, and expunge all inhibitions with the intoxicating power of rum. Now you are ready to form an alliance, break some rules, and take the risk – to
    enter into that dangerous complicity of hearts, minds and flesh !

AFTERNOON OF A FAUN

Did I love a Dream ?

Bergamot, pepper, cinnamon, incense, immortal flower, orris, myrrh, leather, benzoin

Eau de Parfum 100 ml/ 3.4 Fl. Oz

Fragrance's inspirations: Nijinski Ballet, Cocteau, Mallarmé

Created by Ralf Schwieger

Fragrance'storytelling: The faun awakes from his mid-day sleep, and contemplates his morning’s encounters with some nymphs. In his reflections, his pursuit of the alluring creatures takes on libidinous proportions as he seeks to satisfy his desire. It is a beautiful memory – but did it really happen? Reality fades, and confusion reigns until overcome by sleep – which can open the door to more dreaming. When Nijinsky danced the story, he created a scandal. The carnal subtext of Mallarme’s poem became an explicit expression of a sexual appetite. The ballet went beyond the sensual to a demonstration of a powerful virility. Shameless, the critics declared. In this scent, find the relationship between the suggestive fantasy and the seductive reality. The Faun, a simple, passionate creature of sylvan life, wakes in the forest. Fleeting memories of the preceding afternoon tease his brain. Here and there, the images of alluring nymphs, each with her contrasting fascinations, drift through his brain, but he cannot assure himself whether these are actual memories of beings, or mere visions of imagination. Surely there was one lovely nymph- and yet more- tender, shy, bold, provoking, yielding- only to recapture events! but he cannot. One after another, images take life before him, only to elude him. He strives to discern whether it be a swan in shining flight down by the lake, or naiads playing in the water. The delicious sensations grow more vague; fact or fancy he will never certainly know. If he could but put substance into his dreams as he blows out empty grape skins. It is impossible. He forsakes the vain attempt. The rich sunlight enmeshes him in langour. The grass is lush and soft. He turns lazily to sleep again and dreams, since waking blurs the actuality of his visions.

Last edited by petruccijc; 28th July 2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: ELdO Dangerous Complicity & The Afternoon of a Faun Combo

Hmmm, these look quite good, I must get some samples

Default Re: New Fragrances: ELdO Dangerous Complicity & The Afternoon of a Faun

Look interesting.

Dangerous Complicity sounds right up my street. Rum, ginger, coconut... fantastic.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

These sound great; can't wait to try them.

Banned

The two sound intriguing, and it will be interesting to see how the DC handles the osmanthus.
    Thanks for the heads up.

To be honest, Adam & Eve mainly opened the door to anxiety as they became aware of themselves and their differences/aloneness (and they had not learned to love each other yet, hence Adam blames Eve, instead of trying to protect her), which leads directly to consumer culture of any sort (including carnal, if you wish). Just saying, ELDO! :-p

Thanks for this! I look forward to smelling them.

Looking forward to trying these two!
    Will be sure to add 'em to my next lot of samples. <3

Gimme Danger sounds very un-Iggy Pop from the notes... I'd rather have the second one's notes and the cool name and bottle of the first.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

The note lists sound enticing, as much as the ad copy is made of eye-roll.

Rum , Ginger , Coconut, Calamus essence, Osmanthus absolute, Egyptian Jasmine, Ylang Ylang,, Lorenox, Patchouli

Lorenox? What is lorenox? Sounds like an antidepressant lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post

It's Quaaludes, lol!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    EDP - 100ml / 3.4 Fl.Oz
    are you sure? ELDO usually comes in 50ml only....

Interesting note lists though....

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    According to Parfum1.

http://www.parfum1.com/etat-libre-d-...bre+d%27Orange
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    If it's not an error, this is a very interesting news...I'd love some of my ELDOs in 100ml. Who knows, maybe they will make 100ml bottles of their back catalogue as well...
    Last edited by alfarom; 29th July 2012 at 06:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    The note lists sound enticing, as much as the ad copy is made of eye-roll.
    LOL!

Honestly, I think that both the notes and the story are an improvement over that fragrance with the picture of a beige drone flying through a rainstorm.

If it's not an error, this is very interesting news...I'd love some of my ELDOs in 100ml. Who knows, maybe they will make 100ml bottles of their back catalogue as well...
    The 100 ml bottles look to be rather elegant.

http://www.etatlibredorange.com/actualites

Quote Originally Posted by calebwalt View Post
    The 100 ml bottles look to be rather elegant.

http://www.etatlibredorange.com/actualites
    Terrific...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    It's an aroma chemical developed by Mane that smells of ambery-woody-leather

Banned

If it smells like this sounds, I'll buy it.

Basenotes Institution

The faun one sounds interesting
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Would love to try The Morning of a Faun.

At parfum1 you can buy a duet of these perfume in 2 x 10ml mini set for 39$ and try them before the main release

Can't wait to try these - love the black label of Dangerous Complicity

I love trying ELdO's scents and these will be worth the try.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

They sure do know how write a giant paragraph of nonsense.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

I just ordered the 10ml duo. $39.00 - what the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I just ordered the 10ml duo. $39.00 - what the heck.
    so did i... i love the little bottles anyway. and these sound good.

These sound very interesting.

Interesting note lists though....
    The testers come in 100ml.

for swap/sale:

Dangerous Complicity sounds very interesting - soft languorous florals hiding complicated leather - and I can't wait to test it.

But, AFTERNOON OF A FAUN doesn't list any notes and no descriptions of what it actually smells like!? It is a nice story that incorporates some incredible music, story, a dance whatever - what does it actually smell like? The most interesting part of the description to me is that it was created by Raif Schwieger whose name is associated with some of the more subtle and interesting new fragrances that are being launched in todays market. So, out of curiosity, I anxiously await a test of the new Raif Schwieger creation. It is a nice story, but ultimately doesn't grab me - I will try it though.

Wow, Are they starting to make wearable scents now? I guess the 'Dangerous Complicity' is a huge indicator of where these are heading.

If anyone is interested in those 2x10ml bottles from Parfum1 you can get 10% off by using the code SAVEBIG10PX at the checkout.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Wow, Are they starting to make wearable scents now? I guess the 'Dangerous Complicity' is a huge indicator of where these are heading.

If anyone is interested in those 2x10ml bottles from Parfum1 you can get 10% off by using the code SAVEBIG10PX at the checkout.
    Thanks!

-- Jack Kerouac

REMINISCENT & I have come up with the next name for ELO: "Bleu Ramasseur de Poubelles" (Rubbish Collector Blue)
    "...a Chacun son Mauvais Gout."

Quote Originally Posted by le mouchoir de monsieur View Post
    REMINISCENT & I have come up with the next name for ELO: "Bleu Ramasseur de Poubelles" (Rubbish Collector Blue)
    I'd buy it.

Default Re: New Fragrances: ELdO Dangerous Complicity &amp; The Afternoon of a Faun

I just received these in the mail. I only tested a bit on my skin (since they are for my wife) but here are my first impressios:

Dangerous Complicity has a very nice, sweet, gourmandish vibe, and even though it doesn't have the pronounced tobacco of Back to Black, it reminded me a bit of that--a more floral and boozy version of Back to Black (with pronounced coconut). I don't have Back to Black with me at the moment to compare, but this is the "vibe" that I got.

Afternoon of a Faun is in my view a much more interesting scent, more complex, and evolves over time. It begins on my skin with a dissonant floral and leather clash (it reminds me slightly of PdN Baladin) but then as the scent evolves, it darkens and gets smoother, and the immortelle note really starts dominating. What I like about it is that the immortelle doesn't start off overwhelming, it begins in the background, but slowly and over time, it blossoms and gets thicker. It has a very complex evolution, whereas Dangerous Complicity stays more linear on my skin.

In all I like both of them, but Afternoon of a Faun is the more interesting of the two.

- - - Updated - - -

I have in the meantime tried the Afternoon of a Faun again, and although I haven't had a full wearing (I don't have any atomizers handy), I really do like it, it's rather beautiful.

I got mine, too. I can see the comparison of Dangerous Complicity to Back to Black. DC feels more floral to me. More "pretty". Afternoon of a Faun feels incredibly unique. The immortelle is beautiful and smooth, and a very subtle animalic note floats throughout the wearing.

I love them both.

Thanks for the updates guys - I can't wait to try these!

Default Re: New Fragrances: ELdO Dangerous Complicity &amp; The Afternoon of a Faun

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    I just received these in the mail. I only tested a bit on my skin (since they are for my wife) but here are my first impressios:

Dangerous Complicity has a very nice, sweet, gourmandish vibe, and even though it doesn't have the pronounced tobacco of Back to Black, it reminded me a bit of that--a more floral and boozy version of Back to Black (with pronounced coconut). I don't have Back to Black with me at the moment to compare, but this is the "vibe" that I got.

Afternoon of a Faun is in my view a much more interesting scent, more complex, and evolves over time. It begins on my skin with a dissonant floral and leather clash (it reminds me slightly of PdN Baladin) but then as the scent evolves, it darkens and gets smoother, and the immortelle note really starts dominating. What I like about it is that the immortelle doesn't start off overwhelming, it begins in the background, but slowly and over time, it blossoms and gets thicker. It has a very complex evolution, whereas Dangerous Complicity stays more linear on my skin.

In all I like both of them, but Afternoon of a Faun is the more interesting of the two.

- - - Updated - - -

I have in the meantime tried the Afternoon of a Faun again, and although I haven't had a full wearing (I don't have any atomizers handy), I really do like it, it's rather beautiful.
    The Afternoon of a Faun sounds interesting indeed. Lovely reviews, thanks...On the other hand Dangerous Complicity is the true candidate to become my next major let down.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

The testers come in 100ml.
    True but, generally, you can't buy them. Have you seen the new 100ml bottles? They look very elegant and beautiful. Actually way much better than the testers....

The Afternoon of a Faun sounds interesting indeed. Lovely reviews, thanks...On the other hand Dangerous Complicity is the true candidate to become my next major let down.

True but, generally, you can't buy them. Have you seen the new 100ml bottles? They look very elegant and beautiful. Actually way much better than the testers....
    After a full day of wearing, I concur. Dangerous Complicity smells too similar to ELDO's other offering Archives 69. It's a pretty scent, but nothing special.

Afternoon of a Faun, however, is a different story. This really is a beautiful thing. It smells incredibly different. It's bracing and rich. The interplay between the immortelle and cinnamon is hypnotic. It's one of those fragrances I can't stop sniffing on my wrist.

Thanks for the reviews guys! I think I'll skip these. Dangerous Complicity sounds a bit dull, and though Afternoon of a Faun sounds interesting with the spicy immortelle, I already have Tilda Swinton Like This, and they sound similar.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Afternoon of a Faun sounds interesting... I already have Tilda Swinton Like This, and they sound similar.
    Yeah. To those who are familiar with both, how these two compare?

AoaF is a beautiful rich masculine scent with a good projection. DC is nice soft tea/floral with a quite familiar theme.
    Last edited by oboltus; 2nd August 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks for the reviews! I've always been a big fan of ELDO, but I've been especially impressed with some of their more recent releases--especially Tilda Swinton, Bijou Romantique, and Fils de Dieu. I'll definitely be sampling both of the new ones soon. (Although I hope DC doesn't smell too much like Archives 69. Not a big fanof that one.)
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Thanks, both sound interesting, especially the second one due to associations with Debussy's musical masterpiece (most likely, a worthy treat for anyone who is both into fragrances and Debussy like I am).

Basenotes Institution

The Afternoon of a Faun I am wearing for the 1st time right now and it is FANtastic! I am really enjoying it. I'll post my impressions later but the way the immortelle smells is brilliant (its smell buttery, like an immortelle souffle, if such a thing existed).

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    The Afternoon of a Faun I am wearing for the 1st time right now and it is FANtastic! I am really enjoying it. I'll post my impressions later but the way the immortelle smells is brilliant (its smell buttery, like an immortelle souffle, if such a thing existed).
    Mike, is TAOAF comparable to Like This in any way?

Basenotes Institution

Mike, is TAOAF comparable to Like This in any way?
    Well, I hated Like This. There was something in it that rubbed me the wrong way...maybe a musk or some other note. I tried to enjoy it several times and each time I just got frustrated with it. Whereas the new one is delicious (although I must admit I over applied it a bit last night and it gave me a slight headache after an hour...so I have to go easy on application next time).
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 17th August 2012 at 02:37 PM.

-- Jack Kerouac

Thanks

I really need to get my nose on The Afternoon of a Faun.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    To be honest, Adam & Eve mainly opened the door to anxiety as they became aware of themselves and their differences/aloneness (and they had not learned to love each other yet, hence Adam blames Eve, instead of trying to protect her), which leads directly to consumer culture of any sort (including carnal, if you wish). Just saying, ELDO! :-p
    Hooh, a new release from ELdO hyped as any other commercial gimmik. Why make they people wait, why not just publishing it in substance? Talking that much about it should be grounded on something real. So, I would be disappointed if it wasn't disappointing. By the way, the 100ml bottle will be available parallel to the 50ml package, as ever before, according to an email I received. The package shown in the advertizing is most probably the 50ml. I personally like the square simple stark smaller size. It can be piled up so easily!

My last experience with ELdO was Archives 69 which to my nose smells very much of pepper and not to much else. I may be a bit sensitive to it because I avoid this apparently obligatory complEment in food as much and often as I can. Others think of Archives 69 as floral fruity sweet - big question mark. Anyway, it won't be considered as raunchy as the logo suggests.

When I think of Adam & Eve (Dangerous Complicity's inspiration blah) in connection to ELdO I have to resample Secretions Magnifique - I own a 100ml bottle. There's so tremendously much foul apple in it, it should have been noted in the notes. Do You expect an original Osmanthus, may be even a Jungle Essence in DC? That would be worth a wow!

disclaimer: if theses guys raise the "price of ownership" (as to say) for their not-so-far-outstanding-anymore fragrances again - as they have done so elegantly with the celebrity line - by now offering only the 100ml size for 150 bucks I won't feature them in my wardrobe anymore. The thrill would be gone, that simple. 150 bucks is no fun & friendship anymore, I'm into business mode from 80 on and from that perspective - its a no.
    Last edited by WildThingy; 10th September 2012 at 08:35 AM.
    No More Buying - Leaving - Left