Code of Conduct

Cool New James Bond fragrance!

Want to know what James Bond smells like, well Proctor & Gamble are about to let us know. No more imagining what James Bond would wear. Looks like a Harrod's exclusive for now, hopefully not for long

http://www.selectism.com/2012/07/28/james-bond-007-fragrance/

Default Re: New James Bond fragrance!

"”fresh apple, cardamom, sandalwood and vetiver” with a backbone of lavender, moss and coumarin. "

I'm interested.

Loved the James Bond films, but personally will give this a pass if it ever makes it across the Atlantic.

Apples don't seem very Bond..imo..no thanks.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Kalli: Agree, that Boss Battled vibe isn't Bondish at all, I want Leather, Sandalwood and Patchoulli. Pleasant to the ladies on light wearings, but intense enough to suffocate a soviet spy with intense wearings in close quarters.

Doesn't sound like a Bond fragrance to me either!!!
    Gary

Proctor and Gamble. Ugh....

A Bond scent (well, to me at least) would have to include notes of leather and Scotch...probably a bit of smoke too.
    http://soundcloud.com/lovejon

Apples don't sound butch enough for James Bond. You might as well dress him up as a tele tubby and spray him with candy floss.

As long as the new fragrance is SHAKEN not STIRRED it might be James Bond enough for me , well maybe not Sean Connery, Roger Moore or Daniel Craig bond enough though.
    Living each day one spray at a time

Anybody sniff this yet by any chance ?? ...

Even tho' I don't hold much hope for it (P&G and all) I must admit that I am still somewhat intrigued to hear what it's like, as I do luv my vetiver & moss (not that it'll have much 'moss' I imagine ) - Still ....

"The earth laughs in flowers" - (E.E.Cummings)

------------------------------------------

Dependent

yea dont sound toooooo bond....

Those notes are so not Bond, instead they should have tobacco,leather, Gin,Oakmoss and Sandalwood.

Apparently it soon sold out at Harrods :

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/colum...-Harrods.html#

"Fret not, though, the rest of you Bond wannabes: it will also be launching nationwide on September 19."

Dear oh dear, just tried this in store. Bond appears to have lost his mojo, he now smells like your average sweet n'fruity teenybopper. Nice bottle though!

I really don't like this. I was reading the latest GQ UK the other day and its got 6/7 pages devoured to the scent. Overrated is a massive understatement

First thing I thought of was Boss Bottled...I'm picking this one up.

- - - Updated - - -

It's on eBay for $150 starting bid. I'll wait till it hits bargain bins...should have known this was going to turn into a "collectors item"

I find this whole project incredibly naff. James Bond? Come on!

As for the scent, I tried it today and it's pleasant, but hugely generic and bland.

i won this one at work today, I think the opening notes smell sweet, generic and mainstream contemporary, it falls flat and slightly unpleasant in the heart notes, but the dry down is quite nice, probably smells a bit more classic men's, there's something acrid in there. I probably won't keep it but i might wear it again before I pass it on. Also for those who care, the bottle is not very nice up close.

.... I prefer this one ;-)

I loved the niche offerings "traditionally" (even if just as "urban legend", "conventional wisdom" etc.) ascribed to Agent 007 as his signature scent, especially good ole No. 89, so I'd be interested to try this one even aside all of the marketing hype.

Personally I find this to be a far superior fragrance

Pleasant, if you are just being introduced to fragrance world. I wouldnt go as far sa saying that this one is a terrible release, but its extremely generic. 1 sniff was more than enough..will never get back to it again.

James Bored......yawn....

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    James Bored......yawn....

thought it was a millesime imperial copy..yawn..

This stuff is wack, real wack!

The bottle was inspired by Bond's Walther PKK's pistol grips.

It's utterly bland, but pleasant enough...for all of the 10 minutes that it lasts before vanishing completely.

Well, I tried this out today out of curiosity. A true novelty scent, this strikes me as a wasted opportunity. The bottle, with its cross hatching reminiscent of a Walther PPK, is a good start, a definite nod to the Bond legacy. From there on it could be anything.... mostly, though it is a pleasant, generic, fruity, woody, fresh scent. Apples? Bond? Really? Where is tang of gin and vermouth? The smell of gun oil and Morland special blend cigarettes? Where is the smell of cordite and manly sweat? Where is the burled wood and leather of a super-charged Bentley? Where is ANYTHING relating to James Bond, past or present? What a waste of an opportunity! Also, (and maybe this is the good news) it is completely gone in a few hours. I put on Habit Rouge at around 6:00 this morning and still smell it 12 hours later. I tried two generous sprays of 007 on my hand two hours ago and no longer smell it at all. Thanks goodness for Habit Rouge, is all that I can say!

Also tried this today, not good. Kinda reminded me of La Nuit de L'homme.