Code of Conduct

Default Pure Malt back in UK stores!!!

This may be of interest to UK Basenoters. I was walking through the frag section of a local dept store (Fenwicks) and was stunned to see bottles of Pure Malt on sale. The rep said they had just received them and had about 30 bottles in stock. Must be a limited release.

I've never tried this before, so I was eager to test it. I spritzed a bit on my wrist, and my initial reaction is it's nice, but seems very sweet. I'll need to give it a proper wearing to get a better idea.

Default Re: Pure Malt back in UK stores!!!

Awesome thanks mate, I've been waitin for it to hit house of Fraser, heard it shouldn't be long now.
    How much was it off the shelf? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kida2007 View Post
    Awesome thanks mate, I've been waitin for it to hit house of Fraser, heard it shouldn't be long now.
    How much was it off the shelf? :-)
    £45

Ussualy i dont trust what employees say, because most of the time they dont really know what they are talking about. But there is one woman at one of my local Sephora stores that is well documented and most of the times she have me news, it did happen for real (except one case, about a chanel release from the past). Well, she told me that they were informed that Pure Malt will become a regular offer again, not only a limited edition (apparently its news given at a T. Mugler release in Germany not long time ago). The rest will remain limited editions (Pure Havane per example). Now time will tell if this is the case.

Am I the only one who sees this as a bad thing? Pure Malt is an amazing fragrance, sweet, good longevity and projection. Surely, if this goes on sale in large department stores it will become pretty popular therefore becoming the new 1 Million which is also a great fragrance smelt pretty much everywhere. I would have prefered this to be limited to online only as it keeps the number of people wearing it at bay but I suppose being on general release also allows people to try it if they've never done so in the past :s

Quote Originally Posted by Mervin View Post
    Am I the only one who sees this as a bad thing? Pure Malt is an amazing fragrance, sweet, good longevity and projection. Surely, if this goes on sale in large department stores it will become pretty popular therefore becoming the new 1 Million which is also a great fragrance smelt pretty much everywhere. I would have prefered this to be limited to online only as it keeps the number of people wearing it at bay but I suppose being on general release also allows people to try it if they've never done so in the past :s
    I doubt it'll be anywhere as near widespread as 1 million. As far as I know, limited outlets, limited edition.

I pretty much see it as a bad thing yeah, i would have preferred it to come back on sale but via the Website only cos then you pretty much guarantee its only gonna be guys like us tracking it down and wearing it. The worst thing that could ever happen is that it reaches Boots stores lol - Game over.
    But if there is 1 positive it'll stop the money makers floggin it on ebay for stupid prices.
    I'm kinda glad i get to own a bottle for a reasonable price now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    £45
    Cheers dude, thats even better than the site, i'd rather do the leg work and grab it myself lol.
    Last edited by kida2007; 8th November 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kida2007 View Post
    But if there is 1 positive it'll stop the money makers floggin it on ebay for stupid prices.
    True!! Hopefully all those sitting with 50 bottles to sell on eBay will get a taste of their own medicine by struggling to offload their fragrances opposed to selling them for obscene amounts!

I have a feeling that Pure Malt is going to become a part of the permanent range. Only Pure Havane is now listed as 'Online Exclusive/Limited Edition on the offical Mugler Store.
    Last edited by Dailey; 8th November 2012 at 09:38 PM.

I totally disagree. So what if others have Pure Malt. Life's to short to not want others to enjoy whats good. There are enough niche fragrances out there which provide a degree of exclusivity, if that's what your after. I certainly don't think Pure Malt will knock 1 million off it's perch because it is sweet fragrance. For me D&G The one smells nicer than 1 million, but it is no way near as popular (i dont think longevity and projection is as big a factor to your regular consumer).
    i also take the positive from Pure Malt returning to stores...It will be easier for ME to buy another bottle and I won't have to spend the excessive amounts charged on ebay.

Pulled the trigger on Pure Malt. There was also a 10% sale in the store, so I got 100ml of Pure Malt for £40.50, lol. Result.

Damn...no Pure Havane?

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    Pulled the trigger on Pure Malt. There was also a 10% sale in the store, so I got 100ml of Pure Malt for £40.50, lol. Result.
    Beautiful! :-)

Never sniffed PM yet and after years of hype and great reviews will I finally be able to sample this??!!

I do hope I can finally sample this fragrance although just checked Debenhams online and it's not there!
    The wait continues...
    Summer Rotation

Eternity Summer (2014) - Calvin Klein
    Cool Water Pure Pacific - Davidoff
    Homme - David Beckham
    Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Platinum Egoiste - Chanel
    Bleu de Chanel - Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    Never sniffed PM yet and after years of hype and great reviews will I finally be able to sample this??!!

I do hope I can finally sample this fragrance although just checked Debenhams online and it's not there!
    The wait continues...
    I got mine from Fenwicks. Don't know what other stores will have it in.

Still not sure about this one. Top notes are sufficiently pleasant, casual, perhaps even a little addictive, but the dry down is somewhat weak on me, just vanilla/caramel or something along those lines. I find this more of a day to day scent.

Test it first folks. It's not very good IMO and was hyped here in large part due to scarcity principle.

The wait continues...
    Get your butt to a House of Fraser i've been in 2 recently and they have it in!

I despise A*Men, but I really liked Pure Malt. Definitely the best Mugler male fragrance in my opinion.

Pure Malt is my SOTD today after a long time. I really loved it at first when I bought it like 2 years ago but right now I feel that it is just OK. Its definitely more unique and higher quality than most of current offerings but compared to real masterpieces it is just OK. You really have to be in mood for Pure Malt and from Pure series I prefer Pure Chilli version (Taste of Fragrance) which is more wearable to me and suits my taste better.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I despise A*Men, but I really liked Pure Malt. Definitely the best Mugler male fragrance in my opinion.
    Same here. A* Men is horrid - Malt & Havane are great

http://scentbitch.com/2012/11/11/thi...r-some-reason/

“Exciting” news: Thierry Mugler have relaunched their inexplicably lusted after flanker, A*Men Pure Malt.

Fanboys immediately masturbated themselves into a frenzy. No news yet whether eBayers will say they have intentionally reformulated it, to create an even bigger buzz about the original and keep the return on their “investments”.

Managed to snag one of these today, £40.50. Not sure if I'm a big fan yet, but I can always sell it on at a later date. There was at least six in stock when I went in, and this was a busy Saturday in the city centre!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cosgrove View Post
    Managed to snag one of these today, £40.50. Not sure if I'm a big fan yet, but I can always sell it on at a later date. There was at least six in stock when I went in, and this was a busy Saturday in the city centre!

Where was this?

Still can't find this anywhere...has it really been re-released in the UK?? If so, where??!! I've searched all the major department stores online, not a mention anywhere.
    Summer Rotation

Homme - David Beckham
    Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Bleu de Chanel - Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Jabz View Post
    Where was this?
    This was House of Fraser in Manchester city centre.

EDIT: It says it's back in stock on the Mugler website too.

Still can't find this anywhere...has it really been re-released in the UK?? If so, where??!! I've searched all the major department stores online, not a mention anywhere.
    In store in the perfume parlor in Harrods I saw them (2 weeks ago) Along with Tom Ford Private Blends, Creeds, MDMC's, etc.

Dsquared2

The online store doesn't ship pure malt to Europe :-(

Finally the long wait ends...just ordered me a bottle online at; www.muglerstore.co.uk.
    They also give you a choice of any 3 samples to go with your order free...well done Thierry Mugler!
    Summer Rotation

Homme - David Beckham
    Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Bleu de Chanel - Chanel

How much were they in Harrods?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivibezz View Post
    In store in the perfume parlor in Harrods I saw them (2 weeks ago) Along with Tom Ford Private Blends, Creeds, MDMC's, etc.

It should be £45 everywhere.

I Paid £48.00, although delivery and three samples were included free.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received my bottle of PM today together with samples of pure havane, pure leather and a men.
    First impressions of PM? Errrr....deep breath....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the over hyped fragrances out there that turn out to be just 'ok', PM is actually a fragrance which lives up to the hype and I really am just so surprised by this one. This smells almost niche quality to my nose.

Pure havane? Let me just take another deep breath... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is getting silly now, this smells as good if not better than PM.
    Pure leather is a fine scent too, for those who love leather. I'm not especially a fan of strong leather fragrances, but I can see many loving this one too.

All in all, this was only my second thierry mugler purchase after mugler cologne and I can honestly say I am truly blown away by PM and PH. They both exude sheer quality and a uniqueness which I must say I haven't come across in a while, even from niche offerings at much higher prices.
    Summer Rotation

Homme - David Beckham
    Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford
    Bleu de Chanel - Chanel