Code of Conduct

Default Need help with something similar to Creed Virgin Island Water

Hi everyone

I've always loved perfumes, but never bought anything really expensive, always stuck with things like hugo boss or versace blue jeans, polo, etc.

A perfume which I have loved since the day I smelled it about 2 years ago is Creed Virgin Island Water, I've been keeping an eye on the prices but it is still unfortunately too expensive for me as I am a student. I was wondering if any1 knows of something that is similar to it, but a little less pricey??
    I am looking for something that has similar top notes, lime and coconut in particular.

All suggestions are appreciated

Thank you

Default Re: Need help with something similar to Creed Virgin Island Water

Bath & Body Works' Coconut Lime & Verbena is said to be a knock off of Creed Virgin Island Water. I had the shower gel and body spray and I enjoyed it. There should be a whole range, including an edt - IF they still make it.

You could try Set Sail St. Barts by Tommy Bahama. The notes are a bit different, but I definitely get coconut in the drydown and there is lime in the top notes.

You can usually find a bottle cheap at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I just picked up a bottle at the latter for less than $20. I think you could also order it online from Overstock. It's definitely a lot cheaper that VIW.

Philosykos has figs in it which gives out the coconut vibe.
    Simplicity at its best.

The replies about Coconut Lime Verbena and Set Sail St. Barts are both correct. Coconut lime verbena smells more like VIW, but it's nowhere near as natural smelling. St Barts has a different vibe with it's sugary tequilla notes. Both are excellent and smell like summer in a bottle.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Member The New York Perfumista's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I purchased my VIW yesterday from Bloomingdales and the sales rep told me that the creed prices are going up. She said each size is going up about 15-20 dollars. I love VIW. It's my only Creed and if the prices keep going up, it might be my last. Sigh.
    My current Scent Addiction: Heeley Bubblegum Chic
    Twitter: @theNYperfumista

Moa´ by La Maison de la Vanille

This!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scentfanatic1631 View Post
    You could try Set Sail St. Barts by Tommy Bahama. The notes are a bit different, but I definitely get coconut in the drydown and there is lime in the top notes.

You can usually find a bottle cheap at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I just picked up a bottle at the latter for less than $20. I think you could also order it online from Overstock. It's definitely a lot cheaper that VIW.

Excellent suggestions so far except Philasykos is still up there in price. You might also want to try Laguna Homme by Salvador Dali.

You could also buy a smaller size decant of VIW if you really enjoy it and just use it a bit sparingly on special occasions. Or if you can find a split, you could probably get 50ml for $60-80. Also, prices aren't as bad at some of the discounters on VIW as on other Creed fragrances like Aventus, so you might catch a deal.

As far as other suggestions. Yes, the Bath & Body Work's scent is the closest. It's been changed a bit and now renamed Coconut Lime Breeze. It's kind of similar, but is more synthetic and has a more feminine drydown. As far as Set Sail St Bart's goes, you may or may not like it. It's lime and tequila and to me the tequila note is really boozy in the drydown, and I don't care for it much. (It literally smells like you spilled alcohol on yourself to me).

Also if you are looking for a cheap scent with a nice bright lime note, (no coconut though), give Izod for men a try. You can grab it at Marshall's/TJMaxx for $10 or so. It has a really nice lime note with kind of an unusual drydown that has cotton, tobacco leaves, incense, and saffron. Nice summer scent for the money.

CologneFan85

Bond No 9 Coney Island has a lil island vibe with its margarita mix note. But this has been a love hate with most. Not so tropicalm BUT it still can pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Bond No 9 Coney Island has a lil island vibe with its margarita mix note. But this has been a love hate with most. Not so tropicalm BUT it still can pass.
    You're no help to the OP's budget
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt