Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOTD - Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Good morning and have a lovely day! My SOTD - Anonimo Veneziano.
    Last edited by mia von trost; 31st July 2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Un parfum doit avant tout sent bon. - Guy Robert -

On the EU's amendment to sharpen restrictions on fragrance allergens

Default Re: SOTD - Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Serge Lutens - Fourreau Noir

it's cold, it's grey, it's wet in london. so i'm going with something suitable: etro messe de minuit vintage

Good morning!

Crystal Noir by Versace for me today.

Vintage Or Black. Plenty of it.

for swap/sale:

.Good morning!

MPG ~ Parfum D´Habit

It's glorious sunshine up here in Scotland, so I'm wearing Frapn L'Humaniste

Hello all. Northern Ireland is dry, at the moment. Clouds but bits of blue here and there.

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 2012.
    DONNA

Good Morning,

Welcome home, Evangeline !

Feeling a little 'off' today. Must have caught a Gallic bug. Nothing scent-wise so far but am thinking of Bois des Iles.

Best to all.

Having a tought day, caught a stomach flu yesterday, I feel bad, my stomach feels nauseous.
    Trying to find some comfort in Parfum d'Empire Azemour Les Oranges, my favourite orange chypre

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    it's cold, it's grey, it's wet in london.
    Really? We are all sunshine up here as fragranceman says. It is only 15C though. Hopefully it will get warmer.

Playing with a couple of Testa Maura samples. They have a nice herbal vibe going on.

Guerlain Arsène Lupin Dandy

Cold, cold, cold. Got Tobacco Vanille keeping me toasty.

Cooler and wet here this morning!
    Wearing IDYLLE edt.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everyone Sotd for my last whole day at my mom's is Angel. The weather isn't too bad, but it rained really hard tonight...and thundered too Get well soon Lucasai!

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Playing with a couple of Testa Maura samples. They have a nice herbal vibe going on.
    A much overlooked line, Foustie

---------------

SOTD: Mark Birley For Men

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. Yes, grateful for some rain for the gardens here, and should be dry again later.

SotD is Penhaligon's Racquets Formula.

30 Roses / L - thanks very much for the info yesterday. Wonderful .

Welcome back, E

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Channeling that early-late-90s celebrity Diptyque craze--toss me a pashmina!--in Philosykos. I avoided Diptyque before because of the chichi candle associations, but wow-so photorealistic, straight from a botanical garden. Getting figgy with it.This modern classic has me suddenly so energized for it being 5 AM after so little sleep...

Osmanthe Yunnan.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Having a tought day, caught a stomach flu yesterday, I feel bad, my stomach feels nauseous.
    Trying to find some comfort in Parfum d'Empire Azemour Les Oranges, my favourite orange chypre
    Sorry to hear you're ill, Lucas. Hope you feel better soon!

A grey and wet day in London. I think I'll wear my comfort scent, Songes.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back, Evangeline!

SOTD is Creed Santal Imperial

Gandhajala and Lucasai - feel better soon and a good day to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Good Morning,

Welcome home, Evangeline !

Feeling a little 'off' today. Must have caught a Gallic bug. Nothing scent-wise so far but am thinking of Bois des Iles.

Best to all.
    I hope you feel better soon, Gandhajala. I think I got a bit of a cold from sitting in the rain at Greenwich Park, but wearing my comfort scent makes me feel better.
    Do happy

Aoud Gourmet by Micallef

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Brasil Dream by Estee Lauder

Good morning everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ladymurasaki View Post
    I hope you feel better soon, Gandhajala. I think I got a bit of a cold from sitting in the rain at Greenwich Park, but wearing my comfort scent makes me feel better.
    Oh, dear. We are a sorry lot today.
    Feel better, LadyM. Ditto Lucasai.

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, although I really want to just sleep for another few hours ...actually, another day would be perfect, but I need to eat heaps, lol. Thanks, btw, for the friendly and thoughtful welcome home ...you made my return extra sweet!

I'm in vintage early-80s Métal this morning. Y'all have a great day!

So sorry you're under the weather gandhajala, ladymurasaki and lucas - here's hoping you all feel better real soon!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Gandhajala, Lucasai & LadyM.....sending good vibes and healing thoughts your way.

Annick Goutal Huere Exquise for this hot day.

Another heat advisory, 104 for the high.

CT scan is scheduled for tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a good report.

Hugs to all of the fragrant family here.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Bella cello, celissima, Happy Birthday to you. May the co-workers treat you well, may your fragrances be gentle to you and your family brings only joy this forthcoming year. Many fragrant returns. It is also the birthday of Marlen (remember senteur1, the man who defined my attraction to BN back in 2005?).

What else? Hermes Hiris, another scorcher here. Please send us some London weather.

- - - Updated - - -

30R., thanks for all the birdsongs yesterday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anomie et ivoire View Post
    Channeling that early-late-90s celebrity Diptyque craze--toss me a pashmina!--in Philosykos. I avoided Diptyque before because of the chichi candle associations, but wow-so photorealistic, straight from a botanical garden. Getting figgy with it.This modern classic has me suddenly so energized for it being 5 AM after so little sleep...
    I have owned quite a few of those $56 candles in my day...hahaha. (I still need to try their Muguet candle)
    I really never explored the fragrance range though they are ubiquitous in the Chelsea neighborhood drugstores.
    Staying on the chichi tip, I am wearing Guerlain Muguet 2012 (which sounds a lot more chichi than it smells). A devastating muguet soliflore...with no BS. Have a wonderful day. Weather is 71-84 in NYC.

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday cello

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday Cello ! Have a fabulous day .

This morning Carnal Flower again .

for any uk basenoters (if interested), got cuir de lancome on amazon.co.uk for £25 (3 left):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cuir-Lancome...3743881&sr=8-1

Happy birthday dear cello...

Wishing you many happy and fragrant returns of the day! xoxo

(I would have completely missed this very important birthday without you, Wolfie! Thanks for spotting it, as always!)
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy Birthday, Cello!

I'm trying Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Sicilia this morning. It's lovely.

Basenotes Institution

Larimar - I love that FN Lutens ad, how clever. I have been obsessing over a bell jar of that stuff for years...
    TWolf - wow, it's Marlen's birthday, I do remember him fondly and he too was one of the reasons I followed Basenotes for years. I remember his hilarious review of Black Orchid. Happy Birthday to him, wherever he is.

It's HOT and sweaty here in Miami. And, get this, my car air conditioner is not working - so I'll have to be getting it fixed asap since it's impossible to drive without it.

Cooling off in:

Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company

I wore this, from a decant that a kind Basenoter gifted me, all throughout my summer vacation in Provincetown (Massachusetts) and now wearing it this morning I feel like I have a piece of my vacation with me. Dry, salty, airy - perfect stuff for the heat.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Thanks for the birthday wishes, all. I love that cake, Jon!!!
    I'm back in Ava Luxe No. 23 for my birthday scent. I almost went with Bois des Iles, but then thought I'd just stay on track with my "other" sandalwood.

CELLO!! Happy birthday to a special Basenoter! Many Happy returns and lots of love and hugs. xx

I hope that all of our under the weather ones feel better soon. Hugs to you too.

Welcome back Evangeline. Still smellin like Sachmo?

Mike Sharp, salty, refreshing. It is good isn't it. I also think that you would like the Testa Maura Loriani that I have been playing with today. It is built around a really beautiful Lavender. As Alfarom says, an overlooked line. Just waiting to be discovered IMO!

L'Eau D'Hiver this pm. Take care all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by danny1967 View Post
    for any uk basenoters (if interested), got cuir de lancome on amazon.co.uk for £25 (3 left):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cuir-Lancome...3743881&sr=8-1
    I already have two Danny! I mean you never know....

Prada Amber PH.

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday to Cello!

I sprayed on A A Flora Nerolia first this morning, but instead of my usual 1 spray, I did 3. I guess I was feeling happy!

That was a mistake. For whatever reason, it went straight to "poo" on my skin, which it never does. In the air it's great, but on skin, poo. I'll have to try it again another day, and go back to my usual 1 spray!

Meanwhile I scrubbed most of it off (the remainder is inoffensive) and applied L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger over it for good measure. I have to go grocery shopping and do not want to smell like poo!

Basenotes Plus

Best wishes to all those feeling off colour today

SotE - ELDO Fat Electrician.

SOTE

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    I have owned quite a few of those $56 candles in my day...hahaha. (I still need to try their Muguet candle)
    I really never explored the fragrance range though they are ubiquitous in the Chelsea neighborhood drugstores.
    Staying on the chichi tip, I am wearing Guerlain Muguet 2012 (which sounds a lot more chichi than it smells). A devastating muguet soliflore...with no BS. Have a wonderful day. Weather is 71-84 in NYC.
    Gladly would I own some of the candles, but the hype at the time was hilarious. Articles ablaze with character studies name-dropping the brand, with something like ~"as a hardworking performer-entrepreneur-humanitarian-professor-fashion designer, I relax by spending time with family, cooking, and ... I couldn't be without my Diptyque candles! I light seventy-seven of them in a simple and grateful gesture three times per day while facing mecca and chanting a personal mantra Richard Gere so kindly paid a peasant to hand-embroider for me on this pashmina yoga mat. I do like to stay centered."

Scent for the afternoon: Geranium pour Monsieur. Now this is the best Malle I've tried so far, but I keep changing answers on that. Nice to hear NY had a cool morning. Muggy here. I want autumn already!

Wearing vintage Weil Antilope <3 it's been a rough week so far, hopefully It'll get better, traveling back to Cleveland today for 4 days and a Big Time Rush concert tomorrow night.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

Hi everyone!

DSH Bourbon Vanilla for me today.

Good evening fragrant ones.

SotD is a forgotten bottle of EL Tom Ford Amber Nude which has been perfect for a cool, wet day that typifies this summer. An early wearing of a winter favourite

Gandhajala, Lucasai & LadyM.....sending good vibes and healing thoughts your way.

Oh my word, apologies for the oversight

Happy Birthday Cello
    Last edited by Alityke; 31st July 2012 at 08:34 PM.

Ck Contradiction Men

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cello!!!
    Green Valley by Creed
    Gary

- - - Updated - - -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cello!!!
    Green Valley by Creed
    Gary

Happy Birthday, cello! Celebrating in Ava Luxe... sounds good to me! Hope you're having a great day!

lucasai, get well soon! Sorry to hear you're feeling so rotten.

Sampling Rosine's Rose d'Ete this afternoon.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Happy Birthday to you, cello!

Welcome back, Evangeline!

Feel better, lucasai, gandhajala and ladymurasaki.

I'm having my own tummy troubles at the moment, but am feeling better than I was yesterday. I am wearing a dab of Aveda body lotion, just to be scented in some way until the nausea is gone for good.

Take care, all.

Hey y'all - me again!

Inspired by Izzie's interest in it, and the fact that it's been over two weeks since I've worn it, as well as the heat (and it's hot, but I'm not complaining!) I'm in Dune, the good old stuff, for the afternoon ...what a masterpiece this is.

Thanks Leesee, and glad to hear you're feeling better!

Thanks Foustie! Y'know, now that you mention it, I haven't worn Satchmo (har!) since that day, but I'm not sure if it's been my particular mood, or if the comparison to a dog (however clean and well-mannered, lol) struck some sort of nerve with me. I'm looking forward to wearing my CdR again once the weather cools off a bit, but I think I'll stick to pretty florals around the tiny ballerinas from now on, at any rate.

I see you're not entirely new around here, but I don't think we've met yet so let me extend my belated welcome, Beauxbatons ...and add that I hope your week gets much better! I saw your screen-name and thought you were surely from my neck of the woods!

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday,
    Cello & Sillage Monger!

I'm wearing Guerlain Mon Precieux Nectar today. It's another day at home, another day working harder than I would be at work But I'm happy to have the time off to get everything done!

I'm jealous of your cool and rainy weather! It will be 105 or so again today ...

Sending happy birthday wishes to cello and get well wishes to all of those under the weather today ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Happy B-day Cello

Orange Blossom/Orange Cologne by Garner James.(Wooznib on Basenotes).

Sooooooo good! The best summer scent, hands down!

Dune. I think I love it.

Basenotes Plus

Get well wishes to all who are not feeling well!

Happy Birthday, Cello! I hope you have a lovely day!

SotE is Dior Me Dior Me Not.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Castile by Penhaligon's.

Encre Noir Lalique
    Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?