Code of Conduct

Default Tauer LDDM batch issues...?

Hello All,

I was curious if anyone here on BN has experienced a "sub-par" batch of L'Air du Desert Marocain. To share my experience:

Last year (September) I ordered a sample of LDDM direct from the Tauer website. I received it shortly after, and I was very pleased by the fragrance; I loved the notes, it was different, dynamic, and had monster longevity (12+ hours) and projection. Based on the sample I went ahead and ordered a bottle in October. The strange thing is though, when I got the bottle, the scent was clearly the same, but the projection, longevity & dynamic aspect were not there. Wearing the juice from the bottle resulted in a consistent 4-6 hours of longevity, along with mediocre projection, which was not the case of the juice in the sample. Additionally, the juice from the bottle is a lot more linear through the scent phases. To make things even more odd, both the sample and the bottle are clearly marker "Lot 16", so I am guessing they are from the same batch. Why would the juice be so drastically different if its from the same lot? Has anyone else experienced a similar situation with Tauer fragrances? Any other thoughts?

Thanks for taking the time to look this post over! Any feedback here would be greatly appreciated....

Default Re: Tauer LDDM batch issues...?

I don't know specifically about LADDM, but heat and humidity can have a big effect on perfumes. They usually last much less in the heat, though in general they should project well.

Andy Tauer is a very nice person, so perhaps you can also send an email to his blog.

cacio

Also - exposure to air and light is higher in the samples.

good points, thank you all

I always think about this -
    I have Lonestar Memories which I bought recently and seems a lot tamer than my original sample many months back.
    The same goes for my Intrigant Patchouli by Parfumerie Generale. I believe it's simply because you get used to the fragrance so much. I noticed it with Tubereuse Criminelle when initially the first sniff from the bottle was arresting, now I find it completely lovely and not at all difficult. When you try something from a sample - you're so aware of it that you notice it throughout its life, when you own it and wear it you become almost immune to its presence after a while.
    I'm sure your bottle is fine But if you are worried, cacio is right - Andy is extremely helpful and lovely to talk to.

I tend to find that I get better longevity and projection from samples.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

I bought a bottle (old clear rectangle) about 5 years ago, finished it, and got a new bottle (blue pentagon) last year. They seem exactly the same to me.

Haven't noticed any discrepancies either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I tend to find that I get better longevity and projection from samples.
    This, I feel, is rather strange!

I know, it is very strange, again thanks for all the helpful info!