Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: new fragrance: Hanae Mori HiM

my first thought was Spicebomb upon smelling this. I suspect this release will sell well at mass market and will be polarizing for BNers...
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just tried this at Nordstrom. It's sickeningly sweeeeet and it had a tobacco vanille vibe to it at 1st sniff.

Post Thanks / Like

Wore it for a week and it never grew on me. It's not a bad fragrance, but there's a lot of fragrances out there that do the same thing better. I'd take CK One Shock over HiM. I like the overall smell better, and it projects and lasts quite a bit better than HiM.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Dior Homme Sport 2012, Mauboussin M Generation, Zino Davidoff, Pal Zileri Viaggio D'Africa, and Rive Gauche.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

ganna get a sample
    1. Dior Homme Original
    2. Musc Ravaguer
    3. Portrait of a Lady
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. L Instant Guerlain pour Homme Extreme
    6. New Haarlem
    7. Pure Coffee
    8. Blu Mediterraneo Sicilian Almond
    9. Rose 31
    10. Spiritueuse Double Vanille

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Wore it for a week and it never grew on me. It's not a bad fragrance, but there's a lot of fragrances out there that do the same thing better. I'd take CK One Shock over HiM. I like the overall smell better, and it projects and lasts quite a bit better than HiM.
    This was exactly my experience too. On first sniff, I was so excited about this one. It had the violet note I love from Gucci Pour Homme II with a bit of a La Nuit or Spicebomb vibe. I almost bought a bottle on the spot - but I know better (I hope!). Instead, I got a sample to wear for a few days. With each wearing, I found myself a little more bored by it. HiM is good. If it ever gets priced down to what the original HM goes for on Amazon, I may pick it up. Or not?

I regret not checking out CK Shock when it was at Sephora. I even picked the bottle up once, but it was so ugly, I just put it back and sniffed something else instead. Oops!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pokpok View Post
    Just tried this at Nordstrom. It's sickeningly sweeeeet and it had a tobacco vanille vibe to it at 1st sniff.
    Weird, I didn't find it nearly as sweet as TV. I would describe it as "mildly sweet"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    This was exactly my experience too. On first sniff, I was so excited about this one. It had the violet note I love from Gucci Pour Homme II with a bit of a La Nuit or Spicebomb vibe. I almost bought a bottle on the spot - but I know better (I hope!). Instead, I got a sample to wear for a few days. With each wearing, I found myself a little more bored by it. HiM is good. If it ever gets priced down to what the original HM goes for on Amazon, I may pick it up. Or not?

I regret not checking out CK Shock when it was at Sephora. I even picked the bottle up once, but it was so ugly, I just put it back and sniffed something else instead. Oops!
    Very similar to my experience!

I need to do a real, full wear, though. Which one did you wear - EDP or EDT? I tried both, one on each arm, and before the day was over, I knew that it was the EDP for me. Richer and more complex as the day wore on. Very likely going to get it, but I need a full wear to be sure. The EDT was not thrilling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

I need to do a real, full wear, though. Which one did you wear - EDP or EDT? I tried both, one on each arm, and before the day was over, I knew that it was the EDP for me. Richer and more complex as the day wore on. Very likely going to get it, but I need a full wear to be sure. The EDT was not thrilling me.
    Interesting! I got samples of both and have worn them. The EdT wore better on my skin. For what the scent is, the EdP felt too heavy on me without actually being a heavy scent - if that even makes sense. The EdT felt lighter and airier. I definitely preferred the EdT. Then again, I tried it on a day with temps in the 70s. I'm going to try them both again when the weather cools down. Not surprisingly, I also prefer the EdT of Hanae Mori HM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

I did almost the same thing. I got a 3ml sample. Sprayed it. Took my pup for a walk and found myself enjoying it. I think it's good, not great. But not worth the $90 pricetag @ Nordstrom's.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. I was really looking forward to trying this one, but it doesn't sound promising. I'll have to head over the Nordstrom and get a sample to check out.

Just recently picked up a 100ml bottle of the EDP at Nordstoms. Good stuff IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just recently picked up a 100ml bottle of the EDP at Nordstoms. Good stuff IMO.
    I gave it a full wearing last Sunday, and I think I'm going to revise my stance. I feel it's a quality fragrance worth owning. I will be purchasing this once the price comes down a bit. I'm not quite on Hednic status yet

I think it is a unique fragrance among current offerings for sure but don't think I'd ever wear a full bottle. Its one of those that I admire when I smell it but don't think I want to smell like it. A much improvement for the house.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't all that taken by my sample of te edt , that being said I will give the EDP a fair shot, I could imagine what I got from the edt working much better in a stronger concentration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I tried it and really liked it. However, I know of a scent that smells eerily similar for a fraction of the price: sweet cinnamon pumpkin from bath and body works!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

this stuff smells like a mix between Burberry London and A*Men to me. I love it.

Anyone else? Any comments on the dfference between the EdT and EdP
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Bump. Any comments on the difference between the EdT and EdP?

Fantastic stuff. Best designer release of 2012, imo.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Fantastic stuff. Best designer release of 2012, imo.
    I tried the EdP yesterday in Nordstrom. I really liked the smell but the SA said longevity was about 3-4 hours, so I didn't bother. If the longevity was better, I'd have probably bought it there and then.

Have the EDP and enjoy it. When I purchased it a while back I tried both the EDT and EDP but didn't notice any major difference.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    I tried the EdP yesterday in Nordstrom. I really liked the smell but the SA said longevity was about 3-4 hours, so I didn't bother. If the longevity was better, I'd have probably bought it there and then.
    What a dumb SA.

I am really digging the EDP. Great Longevity and decent silage. Starts out pretty sweet but settles down into a really enjoyable vanilla, light cinnamon, cedar and amber base.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

The EDP was my fragrance of choice for all my Christmas parties this past year. I do like it a lot

That SA is an idiot.... I say that about very few fragrances (D&G The One Sport is the main one) just because it really does disappear on me and all of my fellow SA's. AdG disappears on me as well, but on other people it has decent longevity so I don't volunteer my opinion on longevity.

HiM EDT reminds me of Gucci PHII and that's not a bad thing. I agree with the other posters here that the EDP had an extra "umph" and woody quality that I liked a lot. Glad I have this in my collection
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reviews guys.

BUMP!

Now that the hype died down and people can stop bashing on the new scent, what do you all think?

Really considering adding either the EdT or the EdP to my small collection, but the question is which?
    Also, I saw on here comparisons to a dried down version of Spicebomb. Does anyone get that vibe? I own Spicebomb (and quite enjoy it) but wouldn't, at this time, care to own two very similar scents.

Thanks in advance!
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HM him smells like gucci ph ii

Post Thanks / Like

Received a sample of the EdT from Nordstrom and it definitely reminds me of GPH II, but not Spicebomb. I love GPH II and I just ordered the 100ml HM HiM EdP from Nordstrom.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the EdP at Sephora for a Christmas present and love it. My favorite release from last year and only new bottle not returned besides a new TdH. I find it much smoother and classier than Spicebomb. I do get a little GPII but I can't wear GPII. This lasts all day on me too. I've gotten a ton of positive feedback from wife and others too.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Post Thanks / Like

Wife smelled a sample of this at Sephora, loved it, and got the edt for me for Christmas.
    Gotta say, I like it too. Wish the longevity was a bit better, so I think I may try the edp in the future.
    This is a real nice fall/winter scent (at least for those of us who actually have those seasons).
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Identical to Gucci PH II