Code of Conduct

Default SoTD 2nd August 2012

morning all, first time i'm starting this (by now) famous thread, first of all, thank you all for your lovely wishes yesterday, greatly appreciate it.

had an amazing time last night at the olympics, watched two games of hockey at riverside bank at the olympic park (pakistan - argentina, pakistan won 2-0 and germany - korea, germany won 1-0, that was an amazing match!).
    the venue IS absolutely extraordinary and the organisation behind it absolutely flawless. i have to tip my hat off in particular to the volunteers, amazing, hard working, selfless people. everything was perfect. oh, and by the way, NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER with the public transport!! everything runs smooth & like clockwork & without a glitch. this should be a slap in the face to all the naysayers, badwishers, all the negative media with their stories of gloom and doom. believe me when i say this (and i live in london and work in central london so i've been witnessing all from the very first day), everything is organized perfectly & it's the best sporting event that i have ever been to!!!

this morning i'm wearing nasomatto pardon, had to go with something rich and punchy after getting home just before 2am and sleeping only 3hrs (but it was worth it!!)

wishing a good day to all of you!
    Last edited by danny1967; 2nd August 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Default Re: SoTD 2nd August 2012

Good morning,
    I splish-splashed Sous le Vent on me and all is well.
    Best to all

Hi all,

Danny - sounds like you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing the photos. I especially liked the Anish Kapoor sculpture.
    Sorry I've missed out on various birthdays and anniversaries the past couple of days - many fragrant returns to all. I've been completely wiped out by a horrendous (presumed) gastro virus - I'll spare you the delightful details. Needless to say, no 'fumes for me.

I'm reading, if not posting at the moment.
    Best to all, and have a lovely day.

Thumbs up Re: SoTD 2nd August 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Danny1967; sounds as if you had a fabulous time too! I was one of the unenthused, but being there at the opening ceremony has changed every bit of what I thought of the London Olympics.

It's a sunny day (for now) in London and my SOTD is Fracas.

Going out later to the Borough Market. It's open 7 days a week for the duration of the Olympics, so I'm taking advantage of that to get my favourite stinky Saint Felicien cheese and a stick of organic baguette! The plan for this afternoon is to have a picnic in the South Bank, if weather permits. Perhaps I'll catch a bit of Damien Hirst at the Tate afterwards...
    Last edited by ladymurasaki; 2nd August 2012 at 09:43 AM.
    Do happy

Lovely pics on the thread this morning. Great report Danny, thanks.
    Get well soon Dr G. I think I also missed Cello's birthday and 30Roses anniversary, and no doubt countless others, so many happy returns all who've been celebrating over the last few days.

Inspired by the recent posts about it, today I'm wearing Cuir de Lancome. And yes, mine also had a wobbly top, but now fixed courtesy of rubegon.

Have a lovely day all.

Devilcat, I've read the thread about Cuir de Lancom last night (yes, mine has the same "wobbly top" problem), and remembered that I have not worn for a while its sister - Mille et Une Roses - which suffers from the same ailment.

SOTD
    - Mille et Une Roses

I am off to fix the caps! Have a good day everyone

I'm in Etat Libre d'Orange Je Suis Un Homme, feeling quite alright today.

I'm trying this for the first time but from the very beginning I feel it's not my style.

Glad you had a great time Danny! Nothing like the organized British!

Wearing Kobe today. This is slowly becoming one of my favorite perfumes. I particularly value the constant projection.
    Its also the gateway into more orange blossom goodness for me. A genre I partially avoided in the past.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Hi all,

Danny - sounds like you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing the photos. I especially liked the Anish Kapoor sculpture.
    Sorry I've missed out on various birthdays and anniversaries the past couple of days - many fragrant returns to all. I've been completely wiped out by a horrendous (presumed) gastro virus - I'll spare you the delightful details. Needless to say, no 'fumes for me.

oh god mate, that doesn't sound good at all! wishing you a speedy recovery. as someone with a particularly sensitive stomach i really feel for you.

ps the sculpture is absolutely amazing! you can actually go all the way up by either walking or taking a lift but you do need to buy tickets. it's called the orbit, it's 115m high, and at night it's all lit up in red!! i've taken pictures of that when we left which i'll post later, the ones that i've posted earlier are taken with my crappy nokia n97 (the worst phone ever but i divagate). see another one up close:

the velodrome is my 2nd favourite structure, it looks like a spaceship!!

and that's it, i promise i won't hijack the thread anymore with my pics and comments (unless requested, lol).
    Last edited by danny1967; 2nd August 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Penhaligon's Douro

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Hi all,

Sorry to hear that you're still unwell, Gandhajala. Sending you good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I'm in Etat Libre d'Orange Je Suis Un Homme, feeling quite alright today.
    Glad you're feeling better, Lucas.
    Do happy

Wore Tobacco Vanille today.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. Look after yourself, G - we need you fighting fit ready to imbibe tomorrow evening. Hope you feel better soon.

Great pics, Danny

SotD is Penhaligon's Endymion.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 2nd August 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Poor Gandhajala, I hope you feel better soon.

Adding my belated but heartfelt birthday greetings to Cello and anniversary greetings to 30Roses, hope you both had a lovely celebration.

SOTD is Chanel Cuir de Russie, best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

((tdem) We did, thank you!

gandhajala, get better soon!

I'm in Gal Trebol (clover) and off to take Mom for her blood tests.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Christian Dior's Bois d' Argent. And I am feeling wonderful. Good Morning to my base notes family!!!

Been sent home from work with visual disturbances (everything is shades of green and purple) from migraine.

SotM was YSL In Love Again

Good morning, bunch! Like quite a few of us, I am choosing leather for this morning: Guerlain Cuir Beluga. Excellently executed, BTW.

Hope our sicky-bickies are better today.

We are going to be a bit under 90F, how about that?

Hello all. The talk of Cuir de Lancome on two threads, I just had to wear that today.
    DONNA

Good afternoon all.

Twolf I love Cuir Beluga!

Happy Anniversary 30Roses and Happy Birthday Cello.
    Healing vibes to our poorly posters too.

Just watched the Men's Lightweight Fours win a Silver medal - Chris Bartley
    used to go out with my God-Daughter (also a rower.) They really pushed the boat out
    (pun intended..)
    I applied some Ferre de Ferre early on and it is lasting well. Lovely, serene iris.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Good morning all!!!

Hello everyone!

I'll be playing tennis later this morning, so I decided to test out my newest vibrant and fresh green floral on the court, Chanel's Bel Respiro. This is one I purchased recently on my first day in Hong Kong, and although it's only been a few days since we've been home, a hundred newly-formed memories were unleashed as I sprayed ...exactly what I was counting on.

More get well wishes and hugs to ((gandhajala)) and ((Alityke)), and anyone else feeling poorly.

Hey, under 90°, huh Wolfie? Here too, although the "real-feel" is supposed to be around 110° again, but no heat advisories! I'm taking advantage of it by playing outside today ...indoor courts are for emergency situations only, lol. Enjoy the cool-snap!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Danny, looks like you had fun.

Gandhajala, poor thing! I hope you feel better soon.

I'm wearing Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise this morning for an extremely humid, warm Florida day.

Love to everyone. xo

Bonjour!

Basenotes Plus

Get well soon, Gandhajala!

Fabulous pictures, Danny! Thanks for posting them.

Alityke
    , I hope you feel better soon!

SotM is Penhaligons Peoneve, notes include violet leaf, peony,
    Bulgarian rose, hedione, vetiver, musk and cashmere wood.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 2nd August 2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Blog Entries

Kiliwia! How is PP?????

I'm wearing Calypso Chevrefeuille oversprayed with Goutal Neroli (my most recent blind buy)...Have an easy day!

After Midnight by The Different Company

Belated Happy Anniversary to Mr. & Mrs. 30 Roses! You two are a fantastic team!

Great pics, danny! Thanks for posting those!

G., you poor thing, I hope you feel better soon!

And Alityke, extra special sympathy for you. I know all about the migraines, unfortunately. Hang in there, my dear.

Hope that lucasai & ladymurasaki continue feeling better!

Sampling Goutal's Heure Exquise today, finally! Have been looking forward to this one and it does not disappoint! Thank you, Whitefluffy!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 2nd August 2012 at 03:17 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Force Majeure

Basenotes Institution

Feeling humid and sticky so I headed straight for:

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia by Guerlain

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Sample of the Day vintage Chanel Cristalle, not me but very nice.
    nd.12.jpg

Basenotes Institution

Happy Anniversary wishes again to Mr and Mrs 30 Roses ! Love you, L . (Hugs)

Danny
    - thanks for the lovely Olympic pictures - really great sculpure and the velodrome ! It sounds like you had a great time.

I am being very boring wearing Carnal Flower again- I am going through a CF phase.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Afternoon! Today it's L'AP Premier Figiuer Extreme. I'm not often in the mood for it, as I found it a bit odd - but today I'm wearing it and enjoying the green sappy goodness!

Carthusia Numero Uno...I don't know why I overlooked this fragrance in the past. It's just gorgeous. Straight on my buy-list!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Yes, yellow cello, Premier Figiuer Extreme can be a bit odd, but I go through phases where I really love it. Spring usually, for some reason. Or summer evenings if not too hot.

Danny, great that you had a good time, and thanks alot for the pics. I knew London would do it up right and not let anyone down.

Hermes Hiris for me again today.

Basenotes Plus

Ali, I know how debilitating an acute migraine can be, particularly the visual disturbances - hope it passes quickly.

SotE - Back to Black.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Fleurine View Post
    Kiliwia! How is PP?????
    The Peoneve is nice, it has a sharp green opening which I think comes from the violet leaf, that makes it different from other peony fragrances. It's fairly light but seems to last well and is not overly sweet. This is the first time I've worn it, from a sample. It seems like a great scent for the summer.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

I have a sniffing date, with Jujy for lunch in about an hour or so. So I'm going to arrive scentless, and put some on when I get there. have a nice day everybody
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

SOTE

Field Notes-Ineke

Wearing Tabac Aurea and longing for cooler weather.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm back in my apartment after dramatic unannounced pipe bursting, but the water was still off. I doused my hair in baby powder to sop any oils, so I have a powder base. Splashed on the proto-niche-like Lucien Lelong Tailspin cologne then added Ambre Sultan a few hours after initial drydown to sweeten the deal. I love this combo! Very planecrash in the desert, like Le Petit Prince. Rainy day moody and bold. Good vibes to all you flowers of romance!!!

Okay, so maybe it's too hot for outdoor tennis. We split sets then decided to flip a coin to decide who'd buy lunch ...so I suppose you could say that I won - hooray!

Bel Respiro was fabulous in the heat, but it's pretty short-lived. I'd actually award it five stars if it had better longevity, but it's just impeccable while it lasts ...chic, crisp and perfectly, casually elegant. I'll just have extend it a bit next time by spraying more on my clothes.

But now, since I just used the shower gel to go along with it, I'm going to laze around in a soft cloud of Fragonard's utterly adorable Belle de Soleil, another summertime favorite. This is a sheer but sultry tropical floral, with notes of bergamot, orange, lemon petitgrain, tiare flower, frangipani, jasmine, benzoin, musk and vetiver. It's my absolute favorite from Fragonard, and being from Fragonard means it's very affordable so I can spray with abandon ...and I usually do. I just love it so much!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hello all! Today I am wearing La Tulipe by Byredo.

If you are planning on coming to the meetup, please fill out the survey (see the sticked post on the forum for the address).

Hi, everyone! I'm doing an exercise to train my newbie nose today. I've got Hypnotic Poison EDT on my right wrist and the Elixir on the left. I'm trying to appreciate the differences.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Anomie, very glad to hear that you are back to your own space. Honestly, I can't live with my mama for more than a week: she is still chewing me out in public places, and I am well over 40. I also liked your allusion to A .dS.E. Le Petit Prince, I can alsomst feel it.

Matts, nice to have you back. Where have you been hiding? Is everything OK with your job/at home?

Garner James new(er) Rose for the PM. Great stuff, along the lines of Mille et Une.

(((Poor gandhajala and Alityke!)))

Such great pix, Danny!

Anomie, hope your water is back on soon.

I'm in a dab of N'Aimez que Moi today. Take care, all.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Rose 31 by Le Labo.

queen of the universe

I biked 11 miles to meet Beauxbatons13 for lunch and sniffing. Hot and sunny, I poured two-and-a-half buck Goya Florida water over me as I cycled. Beaux will post a thread on our scent-venture and I will post a comment or two. Sunshine,bicycling, food, friends, and fragrance make a perfect summer's day!

Turns out it was a perfect day with a cherry on top. Came home to a yummy care package from a kind and generous base-ist (my new designation for BNers) and will thus bathe, hydrate, and scent all in Knize 10. Ahhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Beauxbatons13 View Post
    I have a sniffing date, with Jujy for lunch in about an hour or so. So I'm going to arrive scentless, and put some on when I get there. have a nice day everybody
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Blog Entries

((kewart)) and ((PerfumedLady))-- thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Garner James new(er) Rose for the PM. Great stuff, along the lines of Mille et Une.
    Sounds nice!

Alityke, I hope you are feeling better. Migraines really suck.

Mure et Musc today for a day at the office. The level in the bottle is dangerously low...

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the birthdays and anniversaries I may have missed the last several days ... I've been really busy getting ready for family reunion this weekend. Hope all the sickies are feeling better too.

I'm wearing Chanel No22 today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Scent of the day post lunch date with Jujy <3 Mitsouko by Guerlain and Volupte by Oscar De La Renta on different arms.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

PdN l'eau a la Folie

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post

Sounds nice!
    Wait, there is a rose now???? I must sniff.

Scent twins with matildaben in Byredo La Tulipe. I forgot that I applied some l'eau d'hiver lotion beforehand, so there was some unintentional layering.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Beauxbatons' and Jujy's day sounds soo fun! Wish I had an IRL fumie buddy. I know some guys who are into it--but they only like man-targeted classics. "Base-ist" is a nice coinage.

Twolf and leesee, thanks for your care, dears. Comforting to know how hard the Mommy Dearest thing can be for anyone, too. The water will be on tomorrow, but in the meantime I'm really indulging in the French style of the perfume bath. Due to an antiques warehouse visit this afternoon, I ended up with so many smells tested on my arm, and they all smell fantastic together! Best surprises (didn't buy as the bottles were ruined but was allowed to test what was left): Fendi Asja, Kenzo Kashaya, and Nina Ricci Deci-Dela. A trio of yum!

And re: Le Petit Prince. When some company came out with the children's perfume with the Little Prince theme a few years back I was all psyched to try it but forgot about it. Hmm, I like my mix well enough though.

Going to read some Baudelaire off to sleep in a very small dot of Poison. Goth dies hard. Over and over...