Code of Conduct

Default USA release of La Petite Robe Noire 2012

It looks like this will be an exclusive release for Sephora stores this month, with VIB store members being able to buy this NOW.

I happen to like the two earlier No. 1 and No. 2 as the $150 boutique exclusives, so I wonder what this mass-market LPRN will smell like. So far it has been released in the UK and Europe.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26134906.html

http://www.sephora.com/la-petite-robe-noire-P375386

As of this writing, it says "Not In Stock" because only advance purchasers can buy.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: USA release of La Petite Robe Noire 2012

I've been wanting this one for a while now and have been searching European sites to find someone that would ship to the U.S.
    I saw this on Sephora today and ordered it. I too wonder if it will be the same (or close to the same) as the original.

Guerlainista
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a sample of it in Paris recently. The black cherry note is very prominent and persistent on the fabric I tested it on. I suppose it's a fruity floral, but I didn't really give it my full attention. My wife hated it, but she doesn't go for fruity scents In general. Did the previous ones have the black cherry thing?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Post Thanks / Like

I bought it last week from Escentual.com(actually it was nearly 7 cheaper than everywhere else), I had been given samples in Debenhams earlier in the week.

I was surprised how much I actually liked it. As rubegon says the black cherry notes stays all the way, even on the skin. Made me think of Muller Black Cherry yoghurt LOL. I happen to like black cherry yoghurt. On me its not a powerhouse by any stretch, it lasts very well about 8 hours though. What I get is a mix of black cherry, rose and patchouli, now on someone else the other notes might come through more.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy there is more Guerlain on the shelves of Sephora and I'm happy La Petite Robe Noire 2012 has been given a general release. it has always puzzled me why Guerlain products are always on the bottom shelf at my Sephora and have the least amount of products available.
    I will definitely be trying this one out soon !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I'd love to try this, black cherry+licorice? yep. Samples? Available anywhere?
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

It was everywhere in London last time I went and has hit the local department stores here recently.
    I found it to be a pleasant enough fruity floral - the cherry note was very nicely done, but the composition felt very uninteresting, and the bottle design IMO is rancid :') But then I guess I'm hardly the target customer for something named after a dress.
    The fragrance though - it'll have a better effect attracting a younger crowd than the dated looking Aqua Allegoria's did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    I've been wanting this one for a while now and have been searching European sites to find someone that would ship to the U.S.
    I saw this on Sephora today and ordered it. I too wonder if it will be the same (or close to the same) as the original.
    I find it is more like the first exclusive than the Modele No. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I got a sample of it in Paris recently. The black cherry note is very prominent and persistent on the fabric I tested it on. I suppose it's a fruity floral, but I didn't really give it my full attention. My wife hated it, but she doesn't go for fruity scents In general. Did the previous ones have the black cherry thing?
    This seems to have more cherry than berry found in the first LPRN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I am so happy there is more Guerlain on the shelves of Sephora and I'm happy La Petite Robe Noire 2012 has been given a general release. it has always puzzled me why Guerlain products are always on the bottom shelf at my Sephora and have the least amount of products available.
    I will definitely be trying this one out soon !
    This was said to have exclusive release as a pre-release to Sephora VIB members. (I think to be a VIB, one has to spend more than $350 in a calendar year.) The scent is supposed to launch in the middle of August of 2012. Imagine my surprise when the mass market LPRN is being sold in a brick-and-mortar store in my area.

So much for exclusivity!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Holt Renfrew in Vancouver, BC, has it out on the counter. I gave it a sniff but was rushed and didn't have time to really form an impression nor to get a sample. I am a Sephora VIB but am not really inclined to buy a bottle not having sniffed it that thoroughly.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

My tracking number says it should be here on Tuesday.

- - - Updated - - -

It came a day early. It smells just like the sample I had of the original. Love it!