Code of Conduct
    Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool Fragrance du Bois, new Niche Oud based House

Please read
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/307...=1#post2999442

for the latest information

According to this article

The 1st Oud Perfumery Boutique is going to officially opening soon at Intercontinental Hotel Bangkok in Ratchaprasong District, and this is the official website (http://www.fragrancedubois.com) with some interesting read on oud in their brochures, there is no information on their product and pricing yet --I have just sent them e-mail asking for their location, product and pricing, but their e-mail is not working.

The website said that it is going to officially open on the opening day of the boutique so I hope we will get more information when that time arrives.

Welcome to Fragrance Du Bois

...the Oud oil distillation and perfumery which is owned and operated by Asia Plantation Capital. Our new website is currently under construction, and will be launched at the end of July.

Grand Opening

The launch of our new website is timed to coincide with the grand opening of our first Oud Perfumery Boutique in Bangkok, Thailand - L'Atelier Du Bois.

L'Atelier Du Bois

The English meaning of "L'Atelier Du Bois" is "Workshop of The Woods". This choice of name reflects the fact that our boutiques will carry our own fragrance ranges, created by world famous Guest Perfumers.

Bespoke Fragrance

We will provide a bespoke fragrance blending service for our clientele, offering unique creations to private and retail buyers, crafted with the finest oud oils and other essential ingredients.

Sustainable Resources

All of our ingredients are sustainably sourced and produced under the control of our own Perfumery based in Grasse, Cote D'Azur - the world's fragrance capital.
    Now I want to know who are those world famous Guest Perfumers and it is prosible that BKK going to have some city exclusive oud perfume now.

This is a clip about the company that manage this brand.

Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 23rd November 2013 at 12:58 AM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Herms Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermssence: Ambre Narguil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LAtelier du Bois, Bangkok 1st Oud Perfumery Boutique

Could be interesting, particularly given the proximity to Laos and Cambodia, where a lot of the quality stuff comes from. Please keep us posted!

Post Thanks / Like

One of the brochures lists an assortment of oud fragrances from various houses, which I assume will be carried by the boutique in addition to their own creations.

The perfume scene in Bagkok just got a lot more interesting!

Power Where You Need It
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post

The perfume scene in Bagkok just got a lot more interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Could be interesting, particularly given the proximity to Laos and Cambodia, where a lot of the quality stuff comes from. Please keep us posted!
    Oh Yes, most definitely!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

More information on L’Atelier du Bois
    http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/235...r-Oud-Oil.html

The company is developing oud based fragrances under their own brand Fragrance Du Bois, as well as creating bespoke packaged and confidentially branded fragrances for private and retail clients.

The company recently completed their first Oud Boutique in Bangkok, L'Atelier Du Bois (Workshop of the Wood), at the Inter Continental Plaza and plan to open a chain of boutiques across Asia and Middle East regions over the next two years.

Over exploitation of Aquilaria Trees

Traditionally Oud oil and wood chips have been sourced from wild Aquilaria trees, but this practice was made illegal in 2000 by CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora). Since then the harvesting of wild trees has continued almost unabated. The effect of this over exploitation is that today these valuable trees have been almost wiped out in natural forest areas across many countries. Asia Plantation Capital has been credited with reintroducing the Aquilaria species to Sri Lanka in 2009.

A Sustainable Alternative

Shaima Matar, Oud Oil Sales Director at Asia Plantation Capital explains:-

"The importance of sustainable plantation grown trees for the future and protection of the Oud industry is linked with our commitment to ongoing research and development and our continually improving production methods. These have been key factors in helping APC supply 100% pure oud oils to the UAE and other global fragrance markets."

"Receiving an operational license from the Government of Dubai helps us to show the industry that we are not just another trader arriving in the Emirates with questionably sourced Oud oils. All of our products carry CITES certification and can be traced back to the actual plantation and trees they were produced from. Additionally we guarantee our oils and woodchips are 100% pure and not blended."

Key Market Presence

Investing in a licensed company in Dubai is also a further commitment to the sector and ensures APC has an important presence in the world's key market for Oud and is well placed to best service local commercial and retail clients. Having recently attended The Beauty World Middle East Exhibition in Dubai the timing of receiving this license was very important.

Plantation Visits

Buyers are welcome to visit Asia Plantation Capital's plantations and meet with the professionals on the ground that are making sustainability in Oud oil a reality.

Asia Plantation Capital is an owner and operator of a diverse range of commercial plantation and farming businesses across the Asia-Pacific region and globally as part of the Plantation Capital Group of associated companies. Their focus is on multicultural and diverse plantation projects geared to the domestic and commercial demands of the countries in which they operate. APC work closely with and support fragile local communities as an underlying core principle of their business, providing social and cultural support as well as investment to move these communities away from traditional deforestation and illegal logging activities as a main income source.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 3rd August 2012 at 01:04 AM.

Could be interesting, particularly given the proximity to Laos and Cambodia, where a lot of the quality stuff comes from.
    For sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

More information I found on the 'News' section of that company.

http://www.asiaplantationcapital.com...retail-outlets

APC Retail Outlets

In the first quarter of 2012, Asia Plantation Capital and their retail partner will be opening retail outlets under the 'Du Bois' (of the wood) brand at the Inter Continental Hotel Mall (Bangkok) and the Hilton (Hua Hin) in Thailand. A further planned expansion of boutiques is scheduled for Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Paris, New York and London over the next two years. Asia Plantation Capital's retail partner is already well established with luxury boutiques and property holdings globally under various brands.

The retail outlets will be unique in that they will be the only shops presently in the market selling oils and products where Asia Plantation Capital can guarantee the oud source from their own plantations. The outlets will also be stocking the main stream branded Oud fragrances.

Another unique factor which will set Asia Plantation Capital apart from any competition is that they will be the only bespoke Oud retailer offering an in-house, and in-store bespoke fragrance range, which can be created for high end clients by a master perfumer and bottled and branded to a client's specification.

The bespoke fragrance creation model has recently become one of the fastest growing sectors in the luxury fragrance industry, and Asia Plantation Capital have worked very hard to secure the services of one of the fragrance world's most prestigious fragrance houses as part of this project.

What is the underlined sentence means ?

The outlets will also be stocking the main stream branded Oud fragrances.

A. The boutique is going to carries oud based designer perfumes.

B. The boutique is going to carries oud based perfumes --both niche and designer.

C. The boutique is going to sell their oud based perfumes.

D. Not enough information

Where is the boutique ?

Answer : The boutique is towards the back of the hotel retail space. Walk through a large souvenir shop on the basement level and took some stairs out of that store which lead to the Atelier….It’s a bit of a maze, but easy enough to find.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 3rd August 2012 at 02:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wit - just a thought - please slam some of this info in a new Thread over in the 'City Directories' Forum for Thailand so it doesn't get lost later! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wit - just a thought - please slam some of this info in a new Thread over in the 'City Directories' Forum for Thailand so it doesn't get lost later! Thanks
    I just posted there.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/217...11#post2648511

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Old infomation
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 23rd November 2013 at 01:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

This makes perfect sense to me. If the new law in perfumery is "For every line, an oud", then a whole store devoted to it seems a natural outgrowth of the trend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    This makes perfect sense to me. If the new law in perfumery is "For every line, an oud", then a whole store devoted to it seems a natural outgrowth of the trend.
    The store is own by an Agarwood Distiller that has offices and boutiques in London, Paris, Monaco, New York, Miami, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Hong Kong, Peking, Beijing, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, Abuja and Brunei.

So their oud oil should be so pure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fragrantica just have an article on this new house.
    http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Agar...Bois-4884.html

According to the official site http://www.fragrancedubois.com/en/
    The boutique in Bangkok is located at Intercontinental President Tower, Arcade unit L03, 973 Pleonchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan.

There are many boutique around the world at Dubai, London, Monaco, Paris, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand.

According to
    http://www.fragrancedubois.com/en/#!/the-collections

Their shades line is interesting, the violet one (Mandarin, Black Pepper, Elemi, Frankincense, Tonka Bean, Nutmeg, Oud, Citrus, Musk, and Amber) sounds really delicious
    http://www.fragrancedubois.com/lang/...ections/shades
    violet.jpg

Their Prive line seems to be city exclusive and really limited edition with only 500 bottles.
    http://www.fragrancedubois.com/lang/...lections/prive
    priveBottle.jpg

Online shop
    http://www.oudubois.com/

Their Privee line is really expensive (50ml 450 USD)
    http://www.oudubois.com/fragrance-du...ahraa-oud.html

The Shade line is also interesting.
    http://www.oudubois.com/fragrance-du...s-du-bois.html

There is also travel set and serum pen available.
    http://www.oudubois.com/fragrance-du...erum-pens.html

There is no information on who is the perfumer yet. May be it is just some guys mixing notes in their lab.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 23rd November 2013 at 02:56 AM.

Default Re: Fragrance du Bois, new Niche Oud based House

Hi Wit!
    Wanted to reply to this a while ago but just managed to get the Basenotes account sorted till now. Thanks for your interest in our perfumes! It's so nice to see such an enthusiastic oud fan!!
    One of our perfumers is Francois Merle-Baudoin, a 5th generation perfumer from Grasse, France! Our Prive line is the limited edition one. We had really great success with Sahara Oud at our exhibition in Bahrain! All the bottles we brought over were completely sold out!

Have you checked out our shop in Bangkok yet? Hotel Intercontinental..What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceDuBois View Post
    Hi Wit!
    Wanted to reply to this a while ago but just managed to get the Basenotes account sorted till now. Thanks for your interest in our perfumes! It's so nice to see such an enthusiastic oud fan!!
    One of our perfumers is Francois Merle-Baudoin, a 5th generation perfumer from Grasse, France! Our Prive line is the limited edition one. We had really great success with Sahara Oud at our exhibition in Bahrain! All the bottles we brought over were completely sold out!

Have you checked out our shop in Bangkok yet? Hotel Intercontinental..What do you think?
    Nice to see you here! We're happy to have professionals enter the discussion as long as it stays informational and professional. You're welcome to direct people to places with more commercial information, or to put links to your commercial websites in your signature, too! (We have rules on members selling only in the marketplace, so it becomes a fine line. Please excuse us for having to be that way. I would suggest avoiding any references to prices, etc., and you should be fine.)

There is clearly a lot of interest in your brand. I'm a scientist, and so I'm very keen on sustainability. Very happy that your company is doing what it's doing! I also see that you're working with the locals, too. Very admirable!

Now you've got me wanting to travel to Bangkok!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Nice to see you here! We're happy to have professionals enter the discussion as long as it stays informational and professional. You're welcome to direct people to places with more commercial information, or to put links to your commercial websites in your signature, too! (We have rules on members selling only in the marketplace, so it becomes a fine line. Please excuse us for having to be that way. I would suggest avoiding any references to prices, etc., and you should be fine.)

There is clearly a lot of interest in your brand. I'm a scientist, and so I'm very keen on sustainability. Very happy that your company is doing what it's doing! I also see that you're working with the locals, too. Very admirable!

Now you've got me wanting to travel to Bangkok!
    Hey, ok thanks for the heads up! We don't want to sound like we're selling too because after all, this is a forum for discussion and mutual exchange of info, so don't want to sound like a pushy salesman!

If you want to find out more, do visit our website or feel free to drop by any of our fragrance lounges if you're travelling!
    http://www.fragrancedubois.com/en/#!/boutiques
    Last edited by FragranceDuBois; 9th December 2013 at 02:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Wit!

More information of the perfumer according to
    http://www.abp.com.au/lab-team

Franois-Merle-Baudoin (Perfumer)
    Born in Grasse, France, Francois is a 5th Generation French Perfumer. Not only has Francois got a wealth of experience, his family has great credentials too with his Grandfather creating the World renowned Anais Anais.
    During his career, spanning over 25 years, Francois has successfully worked for Colgate Palmolivr, Bush Boake Allen (now IFF) and more recently SARL Creative Scents & SARL Creations & Parfums

Hi Wit!

is there a show room of some sort in singapore?

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to visit your shop three times when I was in Bangkok, but no one was there and it was apparently closed each time I went. Keeping regular hours would certainly help your business to be successful.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to visit your shop three times when I was in Bangkok, but no one was there and it was apparently closed each time I went. Keeping regular hours would certainly help your business to be successful.
    Not a good thing.

How is one supposed to try their line and purchase if they are not open during regular business hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kyarazen View Post
    is there a show room of some sort in singapore?
    Hi Kyarazen,
    we have fragrance lounges where our perfume experts sit down with customers and take them through our perfumes to find out what they like and hand blend fragrances for them.
    Locations are in: Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Dubai. Address on our website: http://www.fragrancedubois.com/en/#!/boutiques

If you're interested in coming, drop us an email!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi noggs,
    we're really sorry to hear you weren't able to go to the shop. The shop is undergoing some change in management at the moment and is not open temporarily.

However, we do have fragrance lounges where people can find out more about the perfumes before they commit to any purchase. Our products are still accessible at our worldwide fragrance lounges in Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong. Also, our e-commerce site is also now live: http://www.oudubois.com/

We do apologise for any inconvenience we may have caused!

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Not a good thing.

How is one supposed to try their line and purchase if they are not open during regular business hours.
    Hi Palm Beach,
    we do have an online site as well and fragrance lounges in several countries where people can smell our fragrances.