Code of Conduct

Default SOTD - Friday, August 3, 2012

Good morning!

It is sunny, it is Friday ... have a lovely day!

Wearing Ça Sent Beau by Kenzo.

Un parfum doit avant tout sent bon. - Guy Robert -

On the EU's amendment to sharpen restrictions on fragrance allergens

Default Re: SOTD - Friday, August 3, 2012

Parure EdT in all its perfumey glory initially and the lingering drydown. It still strikes me as one of the most 'difficult' perfumes I know yet it so intriguing and singular.
    Have a great day all! G., my friend, I hope you are feeling much better today!!!!!

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - Friday, August 3, 2012

VIVARA
    Eau de Parfum

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

good morning all, givenchy vetyver for me on this gorgeous fri morning, wishing you all a brilliant weekend!

night shot:

Good morning!

Hello all. Honore de Pres Vamp A NYC.
    DONNA

Good morning!

I am in Grand Amour by AG

It's Le Labo Iris 39 day!

I think I'm back to (black) normal, yaay!

Hello all. For stink Friday (tropical islands) I'm in Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone - spicy fruit and woods, plus a heavy dose of something medicinal to repel insects and ward off exotic diseases. Perfect!

Spiritueuse Double Vanille for the day, then layered with one spray of Tobacco Vanille for the chilly evening.

Good morning.

Wearing Carnal Flower today.

Have a great weekend!

Do happy

Morning all,

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Have a great day all! G., my friend, I hope you are feeling much better today!!!!!
    Aww, thank you my friend. And thanks for all the well-wishes yesterday, gang. They must have worked as I am feeling much better today.

A little No.19 EdP for me.

Have a great Friday.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. Glad to hear you are feeling improved, G .

Big day here - my parents celebrate their wedding anniversary today so this evening's wine o'clock will be taking place inside an Italian restaurant in a nearby country village. Will have to decide on an appropriate SotE later.

SotD is Josef Statkus EDP.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 3rd August 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Gandhajala I am glad that you are better today.

Jon, how lovelyl! A very happy anniversary to your parents. (that is an anniversary cake, not a birthday cake)

SOTD is Coty Wild Woods. This oldie but goodie (and cheapie!) is a wonderful blend of smooth, sweet cedar and sandalwood with a touch of incense and pipe tobacco. It is a cologne, so wears lightly, and lasting power isn't the best but at around $10 for a 1.5 ounce spray I can hardly complain about touching up halfway through the day.

Best to all and happy Friday!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy Anniversary to Ma and Pa Rodgers !
    Enjoy your special evening.

Hope the celebrations in DD include a version of the famous pie.

Still laid up. The visuals are better but the headache and numb face are now in place. 3 day migraine not good

Happy anniversary to your parents, Jon!!!

I'm in O'Driù JMT

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

Big day here - my parents celebrate their wedding anniversary today so this evening's wine o'clock will be taking place inside an Italian restaurant in a nearby country village.
    happy anniversay jon, have an amazing time.
    may i suggest a brunello di montalcino?

Morning all! Grats all around important days.

Belle D'Opium for me today! Well, at least to start!
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Good morning good smelling people!

I am very unsophisticated today in Body Shop, passion fruit body butter and Love Etc, both the solid and spray.

Cuir de Russie EDT (from a decant)

Modern formula, from Les Exclusifs.
    It smells amazingly awesome!

Hello everyone -

I'm in vintage-70s Chamade this morning, just a touch of extrait plus a lavish spray of edc ...definitely my favorite concentration, but especially when the temperature soars.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Lucas and gandhajala - so glad to hear y'all are feeling better ...you both smell incredible, too!

Sending more get well wishes to Alityke. I hope you get some relief real soon!

Happy Anniversary to the Rodgers! Have a wonderful time celebrating tonight, Jon - cheers!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning all!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

vintage

Happy Anniversary to the Rodgers snr!

Get well soon Alityke. And a great weekend to everyone else. I'm off to visit Birmingham, simply because I haven't done so for about 25 years.

my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Hope the celebrations in DD include a version of the famous pie.

Still laid up. The visuals are better but the headache and numb face are now in place. 3 day migraine not good
    So sorry to hear, Alityke. Get well soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

Big day here - my parents celebrate their wedding anniversary today so this evening's wine o'clock will be taking place inside an Italian restaurant in a nearby country village. Will have to decide on an appropriate SotE later.

SotD is Josef Statkus EDP.
    Happy anniversary to your parents,Jon.
    Do happy

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Gentle healing vibes, Alityke.
    Belated anniversary salute to the 30Roses.
    Cheery greetings to Jon's parents.
    Wishing all manner of kindness upon each of my BN siblings.

Breaking away from syncing. Sorry. Attache-Moi makes Mr. Quarry smile.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

In synch in:

Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma

One of those scents that always smells refreshingly luxurious
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Exotic Islands Sync today? What better fits the theme than Bwah dez Eel? Yeah, I wore it for cello, and I can wear it for myself, right? (I remember we had a thread a few years ago if we have nick-names for our favorites and I said then "No", look at me now, I don't even remember my calling this fragrance any other way, is there any other way?).

L., -- please elaborate, Parure "singular"? Complex and multi-faceted on this skin, difficult sometimes, always strong so a little goes a long way. But I have to be in the mood, like with almost everything else in life.

Terry -- I loved Wild Woods back in the day. Too bad it is very hard to come by these days, innit?

queen of the universe

Bicycled across town to a wonderful lunch with our very young wise-beyond-years base-ist Beauxbatons13 yesterday. We sniffed first, ate later, and share a love for vintage Antilope, which was last night's bedtime scent, its decidedly old-school drydown lingering this morning. Now, what to wear when cleaning house in panic mode? Guess I'll start with a splash from my near-litre of 4711 and continue from there.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Institution

((Ali)) - migraines are awful. Get better very soon .

Happy Anniversary to Jon's parents and many more to come !

I'm in Carnal Flower again . I think I'll always love this scent . I guess I'm in sync ??

Basenotes Plus

Lucas and gandhajala, I am so happy to hear you're both feeling better!

Alityke, I know exactly how you feel and you have my sympathies. Do you have medication specifically for the migraines, especially as you have visuals and face numbing? This can be an indication of stroke. Please have it checked out.

Oh Jon, how lovely for your parents! Please wish them a very, very happy anniversary!

I've been having end-of-the-world nightmares for the past few nights, oddly they all involve water. (We're in the midst of a drought). Then I wake up with migraines and chipped enamel from a tooth. I must be grinding something fierce!

Wearing By Killian's A Taste of Heaven because I find the lavender in this very soothing. Not so tropical island-ish but just what I need right now.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Granville by Dior

I'm wearing Tom Ford - Italian Cypress

Basenotes Plus

Happy Friday!

Happy Anniversary to Jon's parents, wishing them a very happy day!

SotD is Keiko Mecheri Un Jour d'Ete, with notes of Sicilian lemon, petit grain,
    mandarine, floral accord, aromatic accord, amber and musk. Smells like lemon
    with a little coconut. A very beachy and summery fragrance, smells great and
    I love the bottle too.

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Alityke, I know exactly how you feel and you have my sympathies. Do you have medication specifically for the migraines, especially as you have visuals and face numbing? This can be an indication of stroke. Please have it checked out.
    Bless you RHM for your concern. I've tried the migraine meds including injections given by the GP which gave me chest pains. It's genetic, hemiplegic migraine from my dads side. Affects men more frequently than women. I've seen the GP before as an acute and it's definitely migraine. It's getting better now.

Thanks to all for the good wishes

Ali
    X
    Last edited by Alityke; 3rd August 2012 at 06:21 PM.

Oh dear. Hugs and sympathy for all who need them. I used to suffer from migraine too Alityke. It is a horrible affliction. I hope that you find a treatment which works for you.

Smiles for those who are feeling better.

Have a lovely celebration Jon! and Jujy' how nice that you a Beau' had lunch. Great!

I was at the most fantastic wedding yesterday. I'll tell you about it next week. I wore Impossible Iris.

Today is Bahiana from a sample for the synch.

Happy Anniversary to Jon's parents! Enjoy your special celebrations and wine o'clock! My dad arrived today to stay over the weekend. We're going to a nice restaurant tonight (wine o'clock for sure ). My Jicky Extrait from a huge split arrived today. The price was sensational and the jus wonderful. So, that's my SotE!
    Wolfie, same feelings here... singular meaning there is nothing quite like it in mood and feel. It's a bit 'Lady-like' (initially), partly because it is so perfumey in the opening and while it progresses increasingly 'improper' IMO.

Basenotes Plus

Many thanks to everyone for all the thoughtful wishes today.

As we are dining Italian this evening I may as well go smelling Italian, therefore SotE will be ADP Colonia Intensa.

Have a great weekend !.

(((Ali))).

Avoiding the obvious choice - Virgin Island Water Instead I went with Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre - fruity iris. Sort of Islandish????

Happy Friday finally!!!!!

I'm going to see Neil Young in concert tonight. Let's see if the old boy still has it!!

Ali, I really hope you feel better soon. xoxoxo

Neil Young? Last I heard, he's still got it. Have a nice time.

Is it tropical today? Naa, lol..I reached for Mon Patchouly by Ramon Monegal. Masculine obviously, pretty masculine, a bit of dark spice and powder. Almost too masculine..I think the masculinity wears off just a bit after a little while and becomes more sweet and floral. Sometimes I like patch, sometimes I don't. There's a dallop of amber in this one which I like.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Cello, how fantastic! Yes, last I saw him, Mr. Young still had it. Like Twolf and Paul McCartney, I share a birthday with Neil Young. Can't think of a better musician to share it with!

Ali, my continued best wishes. I seem to never get by with less than 3 days with these nasty migraines. May it be gone very soon!

G. & lucasai, glad to hear you're both feeling better!

Happy Anniversary to the Rodgers! We know they must be lovely people if they raised Jon!

In sync in Vanilia. Vanilla is as close to a tropical scent as I want be. Have a great Friday, gang!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Soivohle Jasmine Summer

I should wear this all month!

SOTE

There is vanilla in this patch scent lol, close enough? I kinda like this patch scent, kinda don't..just cause I am not a huge patch fan..but like I said, really dig the powder and amber. Like I said, sometimes I am feelin patch, other times, no. Not a bad scent though..just a little masculine for me...which is off putting somewhat...smells too classic, old school aftershave for me.

Jasmine Summer? That name makes me curious. That brand makes a leather, maybe Primrose would be interested in:

Leather Krem- ~ a leather gourmand; with notes of Well Worn Leather, Scorched Caramel, Light Woods, Whipped Cream, and a touch of Citrus in the opening.”
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Evening fragrant friends.

Finally able to tolerate a full wearing of fragrance but nothing too complex. I've opted for Molinard Muguet simple, slightly citrus lotv. A tiny bit soapy but not musky. Perfect for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    SotD is Keiko Mecheri Un Jour d'Ete, with notes of Sicilian lemon, petit grain,
    mandarine, floral accord, aromatic accord, amber and musk. Smells like lemon
    with a little coconut. A very beachy and summery fragrance, smells great and
    I love the bottle too.
    Kiliwia - Isn't that one wonderful? It feels like a perfect match for summer in Hawaii!

Alityke - I am glad that you are getting some relief, but I really hope that you are back to 100% soon.

SOTD: La Tulipe layered over the L'Eau d'Hiver lotion again.

I hope that everyone is looking forward to the weekend to heal or to relax or to have at least a little bit of fun. Hugs to all...

SOTD ELDO Fils de Dieu du riz et des agrumes

Armani Code Pour Homme
    Gary

Nice choice Gary, like that star anise.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Evangeline: cool Chamade ad! Chamade always deserves more love, too.

Ambre Sultan again. It is fast becoming a comfort scent for when I don't want to think about what to wear. Long after drydown, I'll probably accent it with some kind of vintage heavy-hitter for the evening out, maybe something tropical to be in Friday sych.

Today it's all about Miss Dior Cherie... Used to HATE this scent and now it's all love!

leftover Mitsouko from yesterday's lunch with Jujy, still on my skin after a shower I'm thinking of applying L'heure Bleue from Jujy's decant before getting back on the bus to go home [10 hour ride through the night leaving at 2am] but I'm not sure if it's something I want to put on if I'll be around other people, because it seems very private and introverted to me. But it's going to be night time, and I'm in kind of a melancholy mood seeing as this is the end of a very good week and it's back home soon. so I'm debating that, I do have to shower and such, so I might just refresh my Mitsouko afterwards.
    Last edited by Beauxbatons13; 4th August 2012 at 03:07 AM.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    Kiliwia - Isn't that one wonderful? It feels like a perfect match for summer in Hawaii
    It would be perfect to wear in Hawaii. Now if I could talk my husband into taking another trip there so I could find out first hand, lol. I guess you'll have to do it, RainDropSparkle and let me know how it works, lol.

It's storming outside at the moment, hope there aren't any tornadoes coming our way. I can't complain though we really need the rain.

Wearing Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere this evening. Love this one!

Good, hope we will have some of your weather in the morning or sooner, K. Mimi's favorite town Yankton is expecting severe weather, not us.

PL
    , exactly! Re: "they are lovely people if they raised Jon".

Testing Garner James Sublime Magnolia. It is sublime not magnificent indeed. Chamber scent, like in music.

Montale Jasmin pure perfume. Almost a soliflore; almost never ending! This is the biggest jasmine I have ever had or worn and just beautiful in the summer heat.