Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Upcoming new Lush fragrances

I recommend again Voice of the Reason, a very enjoyable boozy woody scent which hours then (and I mean, hours - this stuff is potent) ends like a creamy milky sandalwood skin scent. Very inspired!!

I don't know about other countries, but they're only in a few stores in Canada. Even they weren't going to have them yet, but someone finally realised that it's probably a good idea to release the new perfumes BEFORE valentines day...

Banned

i tried some of those i was expecting someone discovered America but not this time lol

i tested "girls side" of the collection, and just briefly...i threw my nose into it

they all share the same base..so all have this light shiny yellow, almost body cream base...something very neutral transparent...mild, yet creamy....and then each has some note that stands out..
    and from Sun, Sikkim Girls and Furze, Euphoria ....Sikkim Girls smells as the best composition...rounded, full, fleshy frangipani note...
    i thought i will like Furze , the most, becasue of that unusal new note, its some herbal note..but it somehow smelled to watery in the end while Sikkim gave nice whiffs, and had much better performance...but both are nice...Sun has beautiful orange top note..just too little staying power, and weakest concentration of all...more like cologne water
    Euphoria too, shares the same base , just more of green herabl notes..aromatic.....must test it bit better

they are all rather simple, not demanding, summertime frags, and easy to wear!! and likable but Sikkim stands out as beeing the most worth, although i thought i would like some other with more interesting/new notes like furze or Euphoria...but that base somehow just makes frangipani blossom shine

one note : all sandalwood notes in those perfumes are australian sandalwood ofcourse

Am i the only one that cant really test anything in store.

Spray on cards, leave and hope for the best.

Banned

Hehe forgot to say these are not spray bottles, and are utterly ugly:-) , glass with cheap cap on ,like small brandy:-) , omg very cheapish, what was the message there ?

I put it on my hand in store and leave it:-) , i find first impression of a scent to be good source of info later....so even if i miss it testing in a hurry i always go back to those first moments....

- - - Updated - - -

i thought i will maybe have different opinion to Alfarom, but after trying few more of the line i concluded:

The voice of reason and Devils nightcap to be the most interesting scents together with Sikkim Girls....first beeing great take on australian sandalwood, chnaging like a cameleon from masculine smoked ham smell into beautiful gentle, woody creamy sandalwood sweetened by tonka bean....very feminine , close to the skin dry down...
    the second Devils nightcap as something very new, using materials simmilar to oak moss...
    and The bug wich is a bit raw, like earthy spicy, natural smell of galbanum....and again here as well it smells like all the scents use the same very neutral base...

the whole line is so very wearable, and simple......and its nice that you can apply wherever you want...not spraying a perfume for me makes it more natural smelling becasue you can not overapply but the price tag...hm...would love to hear what others think...i think the price is too high, but maybe becasue i dont understand how much real oils cost and what concentration is beeing used there... or its only too high
    Last edited by iivanita; 6th March 2013 at 08:27 PM.

Power Where You Need It

concentration is pure parfum for all of them with the exception os Sun and Euphoria

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

12 hours later and i can still smell dirty on me. Love this fragrance.

Im sure it helps you smell better. Got in my car and it was fresh smelling.

Any opinion about Hellstone? I hate cumin bouts sounds interesting...
    And the blackcurrante scent, is interesting?

Here are the Fragrance Brothers trying Lord of Goathorn:

http://youtu.be/pqaZGXadX1k

Interesting... Any one else tried it yet?

does any one know when it will be release?

and will it be release to all of their franchises worldwide?
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

From what I've been told by an SA at my local store, the new Gorilla fragrances were released to a limited amount of stores - I think the number was 12 - in the states - starting in Feb and the rest will get their stock this summer.

Any review/comment about Hellstone and Flowers Barrow? Sounds interesting but I didn't tried yet

Please any review or comment about those two?