Code of Conduct

Default Antitranspirant / Deodorant troubles

So, I'm getting more and more serious into fragrances and want to prevent layering it with the scents from my other grooming products. I already have light or scent free aftershaves, balms, shower soaps and currently also looking for a hair gel. However, the 'pits are giving me trouble!

I sweat alot, in summer, winter. I guess I have a mild case of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperhidrosis .
    Using a normal odorless antitranspirant would be the perfect solution but unfortunately they don't prevent the sweating enough. However, I use some very powerful odorless antitranspirant (apply every 10 days or so) which keeps the sweating under control. Still, I do sweat a little (fortunately!) and I want to cover that up with some alum-free deodorant. However, I do not want to mix my expensive perfumes up with cheap deodorant smells.

A solution would be to apply EdT to the armpits but I don't think that would be smart as my antitranspirant is already very agressive. More alcohol to the armpits would give irritation.
    I could also stop using deodorant on less sweaty days, just relying on my antitranspirant and EdT's.
    Another solution would be to buy the bodyspray/deodorant versions of the (designer) frags that I use, however they are very expensive and sometimes hard to get.

What do you guys think?
    My current top 3:
    1. Fahrenheit - Christian Dior
    2. ROMA Uomo - Laura Biagiotti
    3. Polo Blue - Ralph Lauren

Default Re: Antitranspirant / Deodorant troubles

No expert but I would not apply EDT to your armpits for the reason you state. Stick to that aggressive antiperspirant.

I do put perfume on my armpits, but I don't use other products, and I agree too much stuff could give irritation. Do you wax or shave? I don't think lack of hair will affect sweating, but it will make it easier to keep odor in control.

Incidentally, I also spray the armpit of the shirt. Cloth is good because it keeps the perfume for longer, and the armpits are probably the warmest part of your shirt, so it will also project well.

cacio

You can buy "Clinical Protection" antiperspirants e.g. by Nivea, which state on the packet they should be applied before going to bed for when you intend using them next day. They are supposedly good for 48 hours. And their scent has disappeared by the time you get out of bed in the morning.

I often do the same thing with 24 hour antiperspirants, their scent disappears by the time I get out of bed.

Or you can buy a spray can of Mitchum Advanced Control 48 Hour Strength & Protection Unperfumed - Women - Deodorant Antipersirant, which has next to no scent.
    Regards,
    Renato

I used to have hyperhydrosis too until I started using Clinique's Skin Supplies unscented antiperspirant/deodorant. It has alum, but it cured me, so I won't be changing any time soon.

I've been known to spritz the pits on top of the deo if I feel like it's going to be a tremendously sweaty day/event and it's worked great.