Code of Conduct

Default Do Chanel Homme Sport and La Nuit de L'homme make good first fragrances?

Hey fragrance community, as you can see i am going to be purchasing my first two colognes, one for warmer seasons, and one for colder seasons. As of right now i have decided on:

Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    and
    La Nuit de l'homme by YSL

Would these make good starting fragrances and how are they based on:

1.Scent
    2.Longevity
    3.Projection
    4.Compliments
    5.Versatility

And are they suited for a upperclassmen in high school?
    Please leave suggestions!

Default Re: Do Chanel Homme Sport and La Nuit de L'homme make good first fragrances?

both are very good, so i'll say yes

Default Re: Do Chanel Homme Sport and La Nuit de L'homme make good first fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    Agree.

Basenotes Junkie

Yes, very good choices but definitely sample first. Never blind buy IMO.

Also, both of these fragrances are rather sweet smelling. That isn't really a problem if you love sweet smelling colognes, but I think it might be good to also include something a little more masculine to balance them out.
    Last edited by 2ndBakeryAttack; 4th August 2012 at 04:07 AM.

They're both great!
    Both last at least 8 hours on me
    AHS is much more versatile and will please people
    La Nuit is much sexier and can really send a message to your date

Your best bet is to go to Sephora or a deptartment store and sample as many as you can. Let your nose and your own gut instincts lead to your decision. Scent is extremely subjective. La Nuit may not be a good choice for a high schooler imo. I think you're definitely on the right track with Chanel Homme Sport, very versatile. I'd also recommend Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce, I think it's a great scent for your age group.

try hugo by hugo boss its a great manly scent and not to expensive, its great for highschool and up, i get lots of compliments and people say that its how a man should smell like, Make sure you sample what you buy for your first cologne. Now that being said your two picks if you have sampled and like it, get it. wear what you like
    Last edited by SpicyPepper; 4th August 2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: yea

Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    Yes.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

For first fragrances, those are pretty good. Longevity is average imo. But try not to overspray.

Both are good scents and fit your requirements.