Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Cologne Recognition

Everyone has that hidden gem that they think is really good but gets almost no recognition on forums here. So I decided to make a forum about your hidden gems. One of my personal favorite hidden gems and most compliments fragrences for me is Hugo by hugo boss. What are yours

Default Re: Cologne Recognition

Two that I found out because of BN, but aren't very popular are Meharees by L`Erbolario and Solara by Lomani (thanks hednic!). The Meharees is sometimes compared to Musc Ravageur, and they're a little similar, but the Meharees has no clove, and I happen to like it better than MR. It's gourmand-like, but has a spice to it, similar to M7 spice. Very nice. The Solara can be found for crazy cheap (like $25USD) and is definitely a compliment-getter in the same vein as YSL L'Homme or Bleu de Chanel. Not that it smells like either one, but it is a 'safe' frag that still has it's own uniqueness, so you'll be pulling compliments while not smelling like anyone around.

I just added solara to the database maybe people can review it sounds interesting whats it like

Lucky You by Lucky Brand

Salvador Dali Salvador, its very underrated here at BN. It's very similar to Hugo Boss Spirit in terms of smell, and rarity.

There are so many for me, but one I personally like is C'est Magique Homme by Parfums Kesling

Kenneth Cole Black. Wife loves it. I do too.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

There are many...here are some

Mark Birley For Men
    Carthusia 1681
    Mekkanische Rose Tuba

Mekkanische Rose Sahara
    L'Eau Mage
    Unleaded
    Knize Sec
    AL03
    Athunis

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Among others: Gucci Nobile, Loewe para Hombre, most Faconnable scents, Knize Forest.

Sound Scents

Padparadscha by Satellite

Padparadscha opens with an amazing combination of jasmine, supported by both cinnamon and clove (even though neither are listed as official notes). The spiced jasmine is shortly joined by a very well-done fiery red chile pepper that is the primary heart note with a juniper berry undertone that is somewhat reminiscent of pine needles. A woody base of cedar creeps into the heart notes but stays relatively well-concealed, content to remain in the background while the hot spice smolders. Sandalwood adds a last bit of sweetness working with the remnants of the jasmine presented earlier to counter the continuing spicy nature of the scent. Projection is above average and longevity is below average.

Padparadscha is a hidden gem of a scent (and it is named after a rare sapphire so I guess that is apropos). It is a chile pepper lover’s dream come true as that aspect is extremely well-implemented. With chile pepper as the star you might expect it to be a very dry and hot scent, but the jasmine, clove and cinnamon temper the heat and add just the slightest touch of subtle sweetness to the overall composition with the juniper and cedar adding perfect support. This is definitely a superb composition crafted by a nose I confess to have never heard of in Dulon. I will endeavor to keep an eye out for further releases by Ms. Dulon and her company Satellite as not only is Padparadscha a powerful release, it is very reasonably priced at $80 retail for 100ml. That is a steal for this type of quality, scoring a very strong buy recommendation. Bravo Dulon! Padparadscha is beyond excellent and earns a well-deserved 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5.
    Last edited by drseid; 4th August 2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Added mini-review...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Hasu No Hana

for swap/sale:

Banned

Tous Man Sport by Tous - One is treated to a bright and zesty lemon opening, with cedrat tempering its wonderful sweetness. This invigorating opening is lovingly ensnarled by its heart, a spicy apple, creating a pleasantly refreshing and fruity concoction. As the citrus dissipates, the apple cider is subsumed by an awesome musky and woody base, with a glistening of green, and transforms itself into a much calmer and softer, woody drydown. This refreshing composition has average longevity and sillage.

Hmmm, I guess one that I feel doesn't get mentioned enough is De Bachmakov. Also, Dior's Vetiver is another favorite of mine.

nicolai pour homme, harmatan noir, lacroix tumulte

If I told ya, id have to kill ya

is it like a national secret

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    If I told ya, id have to kill ya
    Is it a national secret or something

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I have to agree. This is one of my most complimented fragrances, but it doesn't generate too much love here.

Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Aventus
    aventus is that new I never heard of it(sarcasm)

Bvlgari Soir.

Everyones putting there hidden gems out there but they arent going into what it smells like, Hugo by hugo boss is a great fresh scent with a long lasting scent of a green apple. Its great and projects very well but in a subtle way.while it is very synthetic its still a great smell and gets complimented alot. a lady asked me what it was called so she could buy it for her husband

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    I have to agree. This is one of my most complimented fragrances, but it doesn't generate too much love here.
    I disagree, see my impressions ↓↓↓:

Black by Kenneth Cole - One is pleasantly treated to a very nice, spicy, mandarin orange opening, which spirals into the smoky, floral and green heart, thence the musky base smothers all. I was disappointed since, given the moniker "Black", I was awaiting the appearance of heavy woods and leather, but none was to be had. It's a ho-hum fragrance. Why choose a ragtag composition when a symphony of better made fragrances can be relished. Its sillage is decent, but longevity is deplorable.

- - - Updated - - -

And, further, I likewise disagree ↓↓↓ with the De Bachmakov recommendation:

De Bachmakov by Different Company - Initially, one is treated to a cool freshness. Bergamot, with its herbaceous bitterness, coriander leaves, with their enveloping greenness tinged with a slightly medicinal and rank undertone, and shiso leaves, with their green apple mintiness, similar to a fresh, cumin-like crispness, all commingle to formulate a somewhat bracing accord. A faint juniper and angelica vibe, with a tinge of terpenic linalool, adds a boozy illusion. This exhilarating opening transitions to the floral heart. Freesia, with its airy sweetness and strawberry-like fruitness, along with jasmine, with its tutti-frutti air, cloak the pronounced greenness of the opening. Magical aldehydes adds a brillance to the florals, and fosters a clean and green undertone to their sweetish sensation. Segueing to the awaiting base, a robust Virginia cedar, with its cedar chest aspect, interplays with a comforting nutmeg, with its cinnamon-like air. An pleasing backdrop of craie douce, with its musk-like softness together with woody and mineral nuances, enhances the warm blend. A comforting drydown ensues. Despite the somewhat innovative and original aspects of this composition, its projection, apart from the opening, and longevity, perhaps 4 hours, are severely lacking, and force my hand with a "Neutral" rating.
    Last edited by dollars&scents; 4th August 2012 at 11:30 PM.

whats your hidden gem /\