Code of Conduct

Default Fragrancex overseas buyers beware... poor service and miss leading information

Morning All

Overseas buyers beware if buying off Fragrancex and you want your order urgently....

I have a wholesale account with them and put through an order to fulfil an order I had to complete. I selected the option that said ...

"Worldwide Premium Shipping
    (2 - 7 Business Days) - AU $55.47
    You will receive your order by UPS, FedEx, or DHL. You will receive an email with a tracking number when your order ships and you will be able to track your package quickly and easily."

I logged in to see how the order was going and read this.....

shipped on 8/2/2012 by postal service airmail. Shipments with this method do not have any tracking number or any tracking information. When an order leaves our warehouse with this method, it travels by air to your country.

I have ordered from them before selecting this method and it took 2 weeks.. NOT HAPPY

I emailed them asking why and got this reply...

Thank you for your e-mail. Our automated system chose GlobalMail as the fastest method available to your location. Unfortunately they do not provide tracking updates at this time. Your tracking number is

080220121018594xxxx and again it shipped via GlobalMail Priority

I have emailed back now 3 times and have not had a reply, so just beware if you pay for and select the fast shipping option chances are that there system will send it regular airmail as its cheaper for them

In my mind this is miss leading information and fraud..

Default Re: Fragrancex overseas buyers beware... poor service and miss leading information

Very misleading indeed.

Default Re: Fragrancex overseas buyers beware... poor service and miss leading information

Just got this reply..

Can anybody make sense of it as I sure as hell cant

Hello, . As I stated before, since your
    order has already shipped and it was expedited, please let us know how we
    can assist you at this point.

Hard to say what they mean by "expedited" other than they may have tried to get your order together and out of their actual warehouse as fast as possible.

I agree that it's strange that first they said there was no tracking number, and then later they sent you one.

If they want you to let them know how they can assist you, I would want to know what they are going to do with the money you sent them for the more expensive shipping service you selected. It seems to me that they have openly admitted that they did not use the service you plainly paid them for.

I get the idea if it was a shill from FrangranceX his post would all be in uppercase.

Unfortunately this is quite a common thing from what I gather of FragranceX. The best thing you can do is not give them any repeat business.

I'm pretty sure globalmail is DHL. Why don't you just hold onto your pants, and start getting upset if it doesn't arrive on time. Maybe you will be able to track it later on in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

http://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/

maybe you could try this page on the DHL global mail website, didn't work for me just now but might work for you

Fragarncex have tried to rectify the situation by giving me a $10 refund....Oh well, at least they tried. The order has gone via regular air mail so will take at least 2 weeks...

Fragracex seems to works well with Europe only. Rest of the world is pity. A risk. I have a order from them i made one year ago and i am still waiting it arrives, no joke here.