Code of Conduct

Default Just received YSL Rive Gauche - Box and Tin look brownish, is it legit

In many pictures I see online the box and tin appear black. Mine looks brown with distinctive black bars that run horizontally. So the whole thing isnt black.

Legit or not?

Default Re: Just received YSL Rive Gauche - Box and Tin look brownish, is it legit

Looks fine to me.

Default Re: Just received YSL Rive Gauche - Box and Tin look brownish, is it legit

Is this the old formulation or the new one?

Looks legit

Some of the bands on mine have a brownish tint in some light.
    I just took it outside and they all looked black, but under a lightbulb the brown shows up at certain angles.

Online it looks black but in the reality its brown or wine.

Looks legit. I always thought the tins were black and silver, but in certain lighting, the black is in fact a dark brown.

You got the good stuff!

My 2 are like that. I think I was expecting full black as well, but it really is a licorice color. And it's amazing!

As everyone says, the tins are brown and black.(and silver). It would be a pretty foolish error on the counterfeiters part to pick the wrong colour..

Banned
    Blog Entries

legit

Sorry for hijacking. How is the silage and projection with this one? And how is the smell? Its $44 delivered for 125ml so fairly inexpensive to give it a try.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Online it looks black but in the reality its brown or wine.
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes22 View Post
    Looks legit. I always thought the tins were black and silver, but in certain lighting, the black is in fact a dark brown.
    These ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by LiteEmUpGood View Post
    Is this the old formulation or the new one?
    The one pictured in the OP is the original formulation.

RGPH was so inexpensive, I would have found it hard to believe that counterfeiters would even bother.

Looks legit to me. And if it smells like Barbasol after you spray it on, you've got the real stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Sorry for hijacking. How is the silage and projection with this one? And how is the smell? Its $44 delivered for 125ml so fairly inexpensive to give it a try.

Not sure of the difference between sillage and projection. It's certainly in the first division of projection and longevity in my book, and is THE bargain frag to me. (Especially as it's now been replaced by an apparently inferior and more expensive product without the iconic tin.)
    GRAB IT NOW!

This is a must have in my opinion. I have my third tin on my way to me!

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I don't believe in safe blind buys, but this is about as safe as you can get. Smells fantastic, excellent Longevity and Sillage too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by charger View Post
    This is a must have in my opinion. I have my third tin on my way to me!
    Lol, I've just bought another backup

Very dark brown is the correct colour.

Legit and enjoy

You will notice a strong presence of anise

Looks good and I bet it smells great!
    "Ca sent les pieds!"