Code of Conduct

Default Re: Body Kouros new bottle

They changed the Kouros bottle recently to a cheaper version, less weight, made by something that looks like plastic, no more glass, and without top and base with aluminum.
    But as far as i know the content keeps untouched.
    Is that the case with Body Kouros?
    Can you post a photo of your bottle?

Post Re: Body Kouros new bottle

The juice seems exactly the same. The material seems to be the one that used to wrap the bottle of the original one and it has no stability issues as the old one used to have! The spray is actually better. The store is probably the biggest and an authorized dealer of YSL here in Italy, I don't know if I'm allowed to name it. Here are a couple of photos.

P.S. The new bottle is also mentioned on the back of the box.

[IMG][/IMG]

I think I might actually prefer the newer bottle (I own the older bottle) as long as the scent has not changed .
    Living each day one spray at a time

I guess they've decided to make it look more like the original Kouros, although they smell nothing alike. I kind of like the old bottle with all of the weird markings on it. Oh, well. At least they didn't discontinue it.

I prefer the 'new' bottle in the style of the original Kouros. I was never a fan of the previous Body Kouros bottle. I do quite like the scent though - a very decent flanker.

Quite like the old bottle, but as long as it still smells the same...

Thank you, the new bottle looks amazing, the old one with that plastic glove looks kinda cheap.

Ps: Why im the owner of the thread? It was not me that started it (even if the first post fits exactly like a new topic, ahaha)

Prefer the new bottle I think. The terrible looking original bottle now looks okay but still not good enough for a very good fragrance.

Weird indeed but don't ask the newcomer Even though I'm quite attached to the old bottle, I do prefer the new one too!

Banned

I don't think Kouros smells the same in the new packaging.
    The bottle I had from around 2006 felt much more audacious compared to the tame thing selled nowadays. Seems like the toilet is closed! :-) and :-(

Quote Originally Posted by manfred View Post
    Weird indeed but don't ask the newcomer Even though I'm quite attached to the old bottle, I do prefer the new one too!
    Welcome to Basenotes.....I prefer the new bottle.....Gary

Thanks Gary!
    For what concerns the juice, being this my 11th bottle so far (the last one with the old bottle was bought last year) I strongly believe that it's not reformulated whatsoever. I can't smell any difference nor has anyone else around me! An official statement from YSL regarding the change wouldn't hurt though!

Quote Originally Posted by manfred View Post
    Even though I'm quite attached to the old bottle, I do prefer the new one too!
    Same here.

Quite like the look of the new bottle. I guess I didn't have to get that bottle of Kouros after all.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Thank you, the new bottle looks amazing, the old one with that plastic glove looks kinda cheap.

Ps: Why im the owner of the thread? It was not me that started it (even if the first post fits exactly like a new topic, ahaha)
    I had thought the sequence of replies seemed a bit odd intitially.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

New bottle looks good. more inline with classic kouros. but the scent itself was so different, I think such a different bottle like it originally had was suitable.

New bottle is a vast improvement...the scent never caught on with me.

New bottle looks awesome!

I do like the new bottle and glad to see the scent is being kept alive by YSL. Now the should update Opium Homme

Nice improvement!

I like the old design better

New bottle looks cool, but I like the older bottle more

I dislike it immensely.
    The current Kouros bottles look and feel cheap and so does this one. BK's bottle may not be photogenic but in real life it looks and feels great.
    Just another example of the cheapening of the YSL fragrance brand - both in the juice and presentation.
    I don't understand it from a marketing perspective either. K and BK small nothing alike so why put them in the same bottle. Surely it will just confuse the average consumer.

All of that being said, it actually looks fake to me. I could be absolutely wrong - it's probably just the picture quality.

manfred, can you post some clear pics please including box and serials?

Banned

I can't believe that they apparently missed the opportunity to make Body Kouros less saccharine, which would have been an improvement.

Definitely an improvement. YSL was out to drive me crazy with that original bottle. Form should follow function.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post

All of that being said, it actually looks fake to me. I could be absolutely wrong - it's probably just the picture quality.

manfred, can you post some clear pics please including box and serials?
    I find hard to fathom that Body Kouros is that much in demand to be counterfeited....

True scentimus.

I'm surprised that people are finding old design unpractical though. What's wrong with the current design in terms of practicality.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I also think that I prefer the new bottle. It looks more like the original. Anyways, it's whats inside that counts.

I find it hard to believe that an authorized dealer of YSL like La Rinascente would sell a fake! Actually impossible!!! I don't have the box anymore in order to put up some photos of it but underneath you may see some more photos, in better quality I hope! Also checked at the cosmetic calculator and it gives me as a production data, December 2011. Again...being a BK user for years and since I still have the old bottle with some juice left I can positively say that it smells exactly the same. No one can tell any difference. I can hardly believe that the new bottle could cause any confusion with Kouros since it's a completely different color and it's written in bold lettering. Everybody already knows that Kouros and Body Kouros are two different perfumes so why should anyone be confused about it now? Anyway, here are some more photos...

P.S. I know it isn't a very popular perfume anymore but is it possible that no one has seen the new bottle yet? i also managed to find another store in Florence that has it available but it was the old bottle and the polite assistant has told me that it so happens because they haven't ordered any since last year!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The old bottle was one of the ugliest bottles I've ever seen. Goodbye and good riddance!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Old bottle had character, its raw, urban, manly shell felt good to hold.

Basenotes Junkie

Much prefer the new bottle here too. The old one was such an awkward design.

Thanks manfred. Sad to see it's real, perhaps it was just wishful thinking on my part

Oh well.......

Really sorry to disappoint you laph, but at least the juice is the same. Plus I think that it shouldn't be a problem finding the old bottle. Stores must still have some old stock! So do many retailers on-line!

well, if you ask me, I think this is YSL's first ever good move since Loreal toke over it!...