Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Vetiver Fatal (Atelier Cologne)

How does this compare to Guerlain Vetiver? That one does not work for me.

I just purchased this today. Instantly became once of my favorite scents.

Hmm would I like this if I liked Original Vetiver?

Any more reviews?

Vetver Fatal is a very fresh take on vetiver. The lemon keeps it fresh for a long while. Super easy to wear. Nothing award winning, but I do enjoy it.

I would have to agree with thebeck ^^^^^ .. It is indeed very easy to wear its fresh yet to me its slightly creamy. Very green but at the same time not grassy. It doesnt blow me away but but how many actually do? Vetiver fatal is just so pleasant the whole way through. im still experimenting with projection and longevity but this is the type of scent id wear around family or to the office for sure. I think its a bit grown up for a summery fragrance, some of my more favorite summery frags like VIW or L'Humaniste I would be hard pressed to wear to a meeting during the summer but this I think I would be confident to do so. Atelier is definitely a line to put your nose on. Give this one a try if you like vetiver it will certainly give you a different take on the note.
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

Dependent

Yes this is a pleasant, soft take on vetiver. I get a distinct apricot/osmanthus note -- it's quite subtly balanced. I can definitely see why it appeals to Brian.

Rose Anonyme has a very warm unisex ambery drydown. Comforting and rich, yet still light.

Its a fresh and smooth vetiver like Tom Ford grey vetiver or a raw, rooty and earthy like Encre Noire, Sycomore, Guerlain Vetiver, Annick Goutal Vetiver?

I dont like the second option that much but i love the first.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Brian, being a cologne. What is longevity and projection like?
    How many sprays do you spray?

I'm very interested but the cologne aspect is off putting. I have enough 'weak - need constant top ups' perfume bottles in my desk drawer at work.
    I dont know the new vetiver but I know 3 Atelier Cologne (own 2 bottles).
    They are cologne in style, not in strenght. They are a cologne, but concentrated as a Parfum (average at 20% I think).
    The confusion is that they renamed the concentration and invented a new name for it, called Cologne Absolut.
    They are very, i mean, VERY, powerful.
    8 sprays of Orange Sanguine gives me 12 hours of longevity with monster projection for about 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    From Luckyscent, Its says in the newsletter:

Recieve a complimentary 30ml Atelier Cologne of your choice with any 200ml Atelier Cologne purchase. Please specify your preferred 30 scent at checkout.
    This deal still active?
    Could not find it anywhere
    Last edited by d4N13L; 15th August 2012 at 12:18 AM.

heart of ice

I am testing Vetiver Fatale today and I'm quite taken by it. To me, it is very fresh and smooth ... it's hard to explain this freshness, it is "almost" minty, but not. I love the plum note, it adds freshness but it is very subtle and NOT dripping in fruitiness. There is just enough woodiness in the base to ground it. I agree it is very well balanced and pleasant.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

is this anything like Vettiveru by CDG ?

After getting some decants of these two I had to have fbs, thanks for mentioning Luckyscent special! I called them today and the buy one big bottle get another free 30 ml bottle is good until end of September! So big bottle of VF is on its way with a smaller RA with it, I am a happy camper

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I am testing Vetiver Fatale today and I'm quite taken by it. To me, it is very fresh and smooth ... it's hard to explain this freshness, it is "almost" minty, but not. I love the plum note, it adds freshness but it is very subtle and NOT dripping in fruitiness. There is just enough woodiness in the base to ground it. I agree it is very well balanced and pleasant.
    I agree about the balance. But it is on the brink of being too much fruit in the first half hour. I really thought it was going to cross the line, but just at the moment when you think the fruit is becoming too much, it recedes and lets the vetiver take over.

Sounds amazing, how its longevity and sillage compared to the others?

Also, how to get the deal (free 30ml) with luckyscent? Only by phone?

Huge orange note in the opening.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Huge orange note in the opening.
    Absolutely. I was a bit surprised since it was hardly mentioned here, almost hides the vetiver for me.

This is my first Atelier, anyone else extremely disappointed with the 30ml sprayer? (dunno about the bigger bottle's) It's just so underwhelming. I hate tiny sprayers.

Just when I think that I can't possibly squeeze in another vetiver into my collection sheesh.

Love this stuff, it reminds me of vetiver tonka, less smokey but with a definite fresh boost from the Atelier base and some oranges up front.

One of those all the time scents I can see this in winter or summer it's fresh and warm at the same time, yummy stuff.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    Just when I think that I can't possibly squeeze in another vetiver into my collection sheesh.

Love this stuff, it reminds me of vetiver tonka, less smokey but with a definite fresh boost from the Atelier base and some oranges up front.

One of those all the time scents I can see this in winter or summer it's fresh and warm at the same time, yummy stuff.
    I concur with everything you said: It is tremendously cozy, with that plush orange note, but the vetiver, which would give it (IMO) a cold feeling, is a whisper in the background. I haven't reached its drydown yet, but I am immensely hooked.
    Am also liking Rose Anonyme, anyone else finds it a bit like a Red Aoud lite?
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

quite disappointed. Where is the vetiver note in VF? citrus, fresh, a little woody. Simple and nothing new about this vetiver scent. I prefer the Rose.

The vetiver is definitely there. I find this to be very nicely balanced. It's not going to rock the world or anything, but I do find myself reaching for it more often than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Chambers View Post
    The vetiver is definitely there. I find this to be very nicely balanced. It's not going to rock the world or anything, but I do find myself reaching for it more often than I thought I would.
    You're right, in the drydown it definitely appears clearly. I am going to sell my Grey Vetiver and buy this one, as I find it much more lively.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post
    quite disappointed. Where is the vetiver note in VF? citrus, fresh, a little woody. Simple and nothing new about this vetiver scent. I prefer the Rose.
    Same here. It's OK but nothing special.
    Currently wearing: Rocabar by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Same here
    And here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    It's OK but nothing special.
    It isn't that special. It is cologne-like in the traditional sense of the word. For what it is, I find it quite satisfying. I would agree though that it's not remarkable perfumery.

I think it has taught me something about the role of the traditional Eau de Cologne. Mostly I put it on before bed. I find vetiver refreshing, and the bigarade is rounded and nice.

Basenotes Institution

I used up my sample of this very quickly. I too find it strikingly similar to Hermessence Vetiver Tonka but with that unique bright juicy orange top note. It's also not as syrupy-toothache-sweet as the Hermes, it's a bit dryer. I like it, but I don't find it unique enough to warrant owning.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I like it, but I don't find it unique enough to warrant owning.
    As bascially anything from this house so far, I'd say

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

It's ok, but not bottleworthy imo.. a wearable, fruity, young vetiver.

Basenotes Institution

Sampling this one a 2nd time today, I do not smell the oud, its one of those synthetic faint oud notes I suppose. I do smell a strong similarity to Hermessence Vetiver Tonka as I mentioned above.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Sampling this one a 2nd time today, I do not smell the oud, its one of those synthetic faint oud notes I suppose. I do smell a strong similarity to Hermessence Vetiver Tonka as I mentioned above.
    Agreed. Got some very generous samples from the Hermes Houston boutique a couple of weeks ago.

Vetiver Tonka and Vetiver Fatale definitely have a passing resemblance, at the least.
    Last edited by JourneymanDave; 11th June 2014 at 08:59 PM.