Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Noirdrakkar Tries Aventus: Is Aventus Worth The Hype?

I suspect that the pineapple is still there, but I have become anosmic to it and can only smell the smoke. When I breathe on my wrist, the pineapple note becomes noticable for a minute.

I'm enjoying this more than usual today. I'm very tired and it's pepping me up. I find that some colognes work better when we lower our expectations and just let them "be".

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I agree with you. I don't see anything special in Aventus, I think it's dramatically and extremely over hyped (did you like how dramatic I was about it's hype)...it doesn't bug me that people like it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo much (how's that for dramatic) as much as it bugs me that people are so misleading in it's sheer world dominating, world peace inducing, baby soothing, womanizing, world huger solving, resurrecting, self-perfecting, character building, awe inducing, all knowing, all powerful status. (phew, I couldn't think of any more...it's probably because I'm not wearing Aventus, I get it now...I could be sooooo much better if I were)
    Thank you, Thank you, and goodnight
    So it's not for you. That doesn't discredit the people who do think it's worth it's price. It's all subjective whether a perfume/cologne is worth it's price. I personally like Aventus. I have better frags, though. Much better. But it is a very nice masculine scent. And for some reason, women really dig it.
    Live and let live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I was underwhelmed with my first experience with Aventus as well. I liked the fruity, smokey vibe but didn't find it that impressive. About the 4th time wearing it is when I really started to appreciate and enjoy the mix of the fruit (pineapple and apple), the leather accord, and the touch of patchouli. What won me over was the projection and longevity. It just keeps on giving.
    That. And you can always let it sit in it's box in your sock drawer and age for a month or two. Let the ingredients mingle. They will change and get more complex. This is common knowledge with the "E-cigarette and flavored 'juice'. The ingredients for the nicotine juice that gets vaporized has to mingle for a week or so to mature.

I'd wager it's the same with fracrances. I have a bottle of Aventus in my sock drawer and a small one by my bathroom sink that's 95% full. When it's gone, I'll try the stored Aventus, which I wasn't a fan off due to no longevity. Bought from FragranceNet. I now know to only buy Creed from the boutique.
    Last edited by awilson529; 16th August 2012 at 05:31 PM.

My belated reply, with thanks for the review: hyped or not, your description of the notes is pretty accurate, diversified and insightful- it does provide orientation to the ones venturing into their first experiences with Aventus.

Banned

Aventus is an exceptionally fine fragrance.

I have a decant of this batch and I bought it reluctantly because I really hated Aventus when I sampled it before. However, I absolutely love this batch. The scent comes off very masculine but not overbearing. I can see it being versatile enough to wear at any time. I'd love to buy a 4oz bottle on amazon or somewhere for a slight discount but I'm too scared to get a batch similar to the one I tried before. :/

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Aventus smells divine on me and I have very difficult, fragrance eating skin. Aventus with its pineapple opening and smoky undertones is a work of genius. I am amazed at the number of compliments I received each and every time I wear aventus. Last week a female NYPD officer could not stay away from me. It is an excellent fragrance. Well made and one of the creed fragrances that actually lasts. Every gentleman should look into Aventus.
    utterly spot on! kinky scent!