Code of Conduct

Default Power, intelligence, strength, moral character, sexy

The title is more or less a description of who I, and my current significant other are.

We both like martial arts, archery, books, technology, intelligence, high culture (classical music, theatre, museums), some older urban culture (rock, 80s metal, progressive rock...), gastronomy, etc...

I am a associate of a startup that make games (I am a programmer). I do not even own a suit, I always wear black coloured sports clothes (mostly for range of movement, since like I mentioned before, I like martial arts, and I DO live in a very dangerous place that make those martial arts needed).

My girl is rich, former model, femme fatale at work, executive manager of the web campaigns of two excellent marketing companies, has scores of men following her in her public life, and she is ruthless... at private life she is very sweet, good hearted (she do lots of volunteer work in places she knows noone from her work life will know), loves to do whatever I want, keeps offering to cook to me, to serve me in several ways...

Yes, we are unorthodox, we draw attention, yet we both are very reserved with our private lives, this post might look like I am bragging, but after a time trying to be humble I noticed that pride and hubris is different.

She calls me Master...

But in public, people ask me to do speeches, and always treat her as "ma'am".

We are have very strong moral values, to the point of being sometimes quite assertive if necessary, we do not tolerate the smalest crimes near us, and although we both have power, we do not tolerate power abuse, and we take pride in having reached power using only our own means, neither of us reached our positions using tricks, or even help (I found my associates on my own, and she got hired after her work in other workplaces was noticed by her current employers)...

We both risked our lives literally more than once to save people, it is common for us to be called "White Knight" (even if I know in many times it is a insult, but I don't care)

I hope this was enough to sorta explain who we are...

Anyway: I have no idea of what perfume I want for me, except I know what I DON'T want: It is those common fragances I see lots of women today liking, with flowers, fruits and whatnot, that all of them are advertised as "young, sexy, sporty, for night club..." (we both hate night clubs, even when we like electronic music)

Also I found with her, a bottle of Chaleur d'animale, very appropriate bottle if you ask me (with the chain thing...), but the bottle had only sufficient for a few last sprays, it was not even sufficient to put in the usual spots, she could only spray it on her neck, to allow me to smell it... And I REALLY liked it on her. But seemly Chaleur d'animale is discontinued...

So the question for me is: What I should use? What smells like power, intelligence and chilvalry without smelling strange for my age? (I am below 30).

Two questions for her:
    Anyone know why Chaleur d'animale got discontinued and if more of it can be found? (she has been searching it for months already, even before meeting me).
    And what other perfumes in the same style (in my opinion very erotic and powerful without being vulgar) are there?

To all questions, I do not mind if you give replies with hard to find stuff...

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Power, intelligence, strength, moral character, sexy

Bvlgari Black. It's unisex, so you can both wear it. Smells like someone who is powerfull, well dressed, who has a dark side that gets into S&M and leather. Night time only fragrance.

For something more fresh, versatile and masculine, I hate to say it, but... Creed Aventus. It just smells like a million bucks and it's such a great swiss army knife scent.
    Last edited by 2ndBakeryAttack; 7th August 2012 at 02:20 AM.

Yearbamate, Eau de Rochas, Polo Green.

Try online stores they usually have them and amazon is pretty safe for buying as far as your wife's perfume, Now as for power and manliness and all that, I'm guessing you want an assertive fragrance and no doubts about it masculine. So my recommendations are as follows Rive Gauche (might also have to buy online) Is a no nonsense man cologne extremely versatile can be worn for any occasion, fits the man wearing it whether he's is wearing a suit or sports apparel. Its an alpha male fragrance if there ever was one. my next recommendation is Kiton for men (kiton black would work just as well) If you like cool water because of its a classic if not overused fragrance, Kiton for men has the same type of effect, It pretty much says I am a Man and I should be treated as such. People will ask you what your wearing because no one really wears it. Also very versatile and fits right in with your age. pm me if you have more questions

Quote Originally Posted by Rarius_Augustus View Post
    She calls me Master...

But in public, people ask me to do speeches ...

We both risked our lives literally more than once to save people, it is common for us to be called "White Knight" (even if I know in many times it is a insult, but I don't care)

I hope this was enough to sorta explain who we are...
    Yeah, I think I sorta get the idea. Damn! You sound totally awesome!

I have to agree - Aventus is it. Or maybe Kouros. Baring that, you could rub the fresh blood of a white stallion all over your bare chest.

For her - Angel.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyone else more interested in seeing what this couple looks like?

You two sound like you'd wear Rien and Absolue Pour le Soir and Leather Oud and La Fumee.

for swap/sale:

Rive Gauche - like already mentioned or Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree, they both have a distinguished, gentlemanly, yet also maturely sexy elegance about them, however without being confined to the middle-aged/elderly peer groups of wearers.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    anyone else more interested in seeing what this couple looks like?

you two sound like you'd wear rien and absolue pour le soir and leather oud and la fumee.

loool

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I would assume people like you would be happier to remember that there are many poor souls out there who suffer from allergies or, even worse, have no means to support themselves, hence you would not wear perfume and instead give the money to charity.

Anyone know why Chaleur d'animale got discontinued and if more of it can be found? (she has been searching it for months already, even before meeting me).
    Because of its extremely tacky name? In French Chaleur d'Animale means Female in Heat.

[img]http://***********************/instances/400x/10435913.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by Shiny Beast; 10th August 2012 at 02:11 AM.

Banned

For you:

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez
    - Welcome to the Twilight Zone !! The paltry, note listing belies the complexity of this fragrance. Initially, one is bombarded with a lovely, sweet and woodsy violet, whose brilliance is amplified by aldehydes, an amazing, wet concrete, a graceful wave of petrichor, that special smell of earth, caressed by raindrops after a dry spell, a flint smell and an intense mustiness from the patchouli. This surreal melange is enshrouded by a wet, foresty lushness, with flittering specks of flavorful licorice. The welcoming heart kidnaps the explosive opening and fosters its taming. Lovely violet leaves, with their inherent freshness, inspire an exquisitely extreme, green aura akin to grass clippings with a shading of cucumber. Versatile patchouli imparts it nutty and earthy facets. Seductive amber, with its deep, somewhat woody and vanillic dimensions, and white musk, with its dirty sweetness add some powderiness to the blend. The robust base overtakes this humbling middle, where the multifaceted patchouli raises its faintly peppery and herbal heads as well as its mulch-like property. Dry cedar, pencil shavings as well as camphoraceous pine supply intriguing woods. And, evocative, animalic musk, where fecal pellets from critters as well as pubic sweat harmonize, contributes to the fantastical drydown. This extremely masculine and unique composition has very good projection, 4-5 hour scent cloud, and longevity, 7-12 hours - easy on the trigger is the catchphrase here. This atypical fragrance is not for the faint of heart.

or

Lonestar Memories by Tauer - Upon application, one is barraged with a dry and raw leather as well as smoke wafting from a campfire. Outlying creosote imparts its smoked meat dimension. Woody and earthy, carrot seed accompanied by minty clary sage maneuver to the fore and impart their sweetness. This smoldering opening persists for a spell before rambling to the awaiting middle. Here, in the heart, dry cedarwood oozes its petrol dimension while a tinge of disinfectant from the birchtar of the volcanic opening presents. A pine-like, terpenic cistus awakens and infuses the mishmash with its warm, leathery scent tinged with lively pepper and heavy tar. A ravishing jasmine tempers the tumultuous melange with its sweet, floral highlight, and steers the esoteric blend to the waiting base. Captivating sandlewood with its singular, bright and fresh woodiness, mysterious myrrh with its burning rubber, soft tonka bean with its vanillic, pipe tobacco, and earthy vetiver with its dank grass and dirt, all commingle and yield an alluring, if not beguiling, mixture, which is carried to the mollified drydown. This evocative, one-of-a-kind composition has good projection and very good longevity.

For her:

Bottega Veneta by Bottega Veneta - Upon application, one is treated to a gust of freshness supplied by the orangey and peppery bergamot marrying with the sweetly fruity and spicy, pink pepper. Transitioning to the middle, a green, indolic, orange blossom-like jasmine encases the fresh opening. And, a subtle, Spanish leather reminiscent of a satchel with a suede interior infuses the floral jasmine, with its essences of generic herbs, fruits and flowers. Plums and apricots dart here and there, while an earthy and woody patchouli tempers the fruitiness and sweetness. A faint and errant aroma of nail polish remover can also be sensed. Segueing to the alluring base, a somewhat bitter and green oakmoss imparts its foresty and dark facets. A faintly burnt-sugar aspect from benzoin presents, resulting in a slightly powdery and caramel character, while a woody vanilla flitters about. The patchouli has come into its own with its greenness and woodiness enhancing a nutty nuance. An entrancing drydown ensues. This well-blended and balanced composition epitomizes understated elegance, and is basically a skin scent with good longevity, 8+ hours. Albeit tettering on the feminine side, this beautiful scent can be enjoyed and worn by the genteel members of both sexes.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nombre Noir for you--is it supposed to be for women? does that matter? From your post, I cannot tell your gender anyway, which is somewhat refreshing. I've never smelled Nombre Noir, but it's supposed to be an absolute masterpiece, and its rarity and elegance sounds suitable for you, but there is also word that it could be overrated. Otherwise something from Killian sounds right.

Since your very significant other's prior favorite scent was a green, I believe, an aggressive "boardroom" chypre like No. 19, Futur, or a warmer chypre like Chamde would be good for work or as the silly saying goes "in the streets."/Master Serge's Feminite du Bois or Fracas "in the sheets?"

Not sure. I think a cultural difference is at work here in the perplexed replies. If you live somewhere with such bad crime, people eschewing corruption in favor of honesty is remarkable.

Musc Ravagueur by Frederic Malle

I think if you two really were the way you described you, you wouldn't be talking like that about yourselves. Sounds as if someone lost his sense of reality...

- - - Updated - - -

If you identify yourself with the picture you've given to us I would recommend

Hermes Bel Ami for you
    Tauer's Incense Rosé for her

As Hedonist says... pics or it didnt happen, haha.

I'd go with MDCI Invasion Barbare, Creed Aventus, Kilian Incense Oud or maybe TF Oud Wood.

I have no idea what Chaleur d'Animale smells like, but if it's a dark green scent, then perhaps Guerlain Vol de Nuit parfum would work for her. For something more feral/wild, MFK Absolue pour le Soir.

I can't help but feel I'm giving advice to a character from a Tom Clancy or Dan Brown novel...

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Musc Ravagueur by Frederic Malle
    I'll second this choice too.

She calls me Master...
    If you intend to have a serious relationship, its probably better if you don't hypnotise her.

So the question for me is: What I should use? What smells like power, intelligence and chilvalry without smelling strange for my age? (I am below 30).
    If you are smart, sexy and nobody f..ks with you, you should wear whatever you like. Anything that seems at odds with your age, gender or style of dress can only add to the mystique. I myself am none of those things but I can still pull off some incongruous fashion choices.

I suppose modesty has become very Old School...

Basenotes Plus

I third this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndBakeryAttack View Post
    I'll second this choice too.

Basenotes Plus

Amouage Jubilation XXV is also fantastic for a man, but I'm sure a woman would love wearing it too.
    Last edited by dusttdust; 8th August 2012 at 07:13 AM.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Austere View Post
    If you are smart, sexy and nobody f..ks with you, you should wear whatever you like. Anything that seems at odds with your age, gender or style of dress can only add to the mystique. I myself am none of those things but I can still pull off some incongruous fashion choices.

And that's a thumb of steel.

Chanel Egoiste seems quite fitting given your description.

Brut...

This introduction reeks of a cheesey backstory used for an action-adventure movie...

Encre Noire layered with 1 Million. The paradox seems fitting.

its batman and catwoman in real life