Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Homme and Guerlain Homme Intense

I bought Guerlain Homme and Guerlain Homme Intense samples from theperfumedcourt and they are extremely clean, soft and elegant. I absolutely love these scents...for the 1 hour I can smell them.

Anyone else have longevity issues with these 2?

I mean the lime, mint, mojito I think it is? are an amazing combo and I love the scent so much. I like Guerlain Homme more than the Intense version but....it lasts literally 1 hour long and has absolutely no projection even AS I'm spraying.

I cant even smell the cologne coming out of the bottle. I can only smell it on my skin after its sprayed.

What's up with that? You'd expect so much more from Guerlain.

Default Re: Guerlain Homme and Guerlain Homme Intense

I didn't care for the original, but liked the intense version. I remember longevity being ok with the intense.

Here is a thread you may find interesting...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/298...lain-fragrance

I use both and don't have that problem. As I'm writing this, I (and my wife) still can smell on my skin the Intense I applied 14 hours ago. They both give a strong, fresh blast of the Mojito accord (pleasant for me) and dry down to a discrete clean and fresh resinous woodiness. The intense is a bit warmer with less mojito in the opening, perhaps a tad less fresh and a bit more elegant.

As an everyday cologne, I do like them both. There are more subtle and more stunning scents, but that's not what I wear these for.
    Last edited by Kyujin; 7th August 2012 at 08:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Like the OP, the Guerlain Homme has longevity issue on my skin, that's why I usually wear it when going to a one-hour event (eg. church). It's a shame because I really like the scent.

I also want to try the Intense version, but couldn't find it anywhere, and I don't want to spend on samples right now since I am saving up for some full bottles on my wishlist.

I have a sample of Guerlain Homme and love the mojito opening. Only thing is, I really dislike the drydown. I've been wanting to sample Guerlain Homme L'eau, as it sounds more up my alley. I'd also be interested in anyone's opinion on this one (is the opening similar & does it have a fresher drydown).

love these two, last all day for me

Banned

I do not have an issue with the proejction or longevity of Guerlain Homme. Rather, I find it to be an uneventful composition, and, albeit possessing quality ingredients, is not nuanced enough to make it stand out in its genre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I have a sample of Guerlain Homme and love the mojito opening. Only thing is, I really dislike the drydown. I've been wanting to sample Guerlain Homme L'eau, as it sounds more up my alley. I'd also be interested in anyone's opinion on this one (is the opening similar & does it have a fresher drydown).
    @ BrianH1016 - Here's my impressions ↓↓↓ of both:

Guerlain Homme L'Eau by Guerlain - One is immediately treated to a sparkling, citrus accord, wherein a sharp and juicy grapefruit playfully banters with a semi-sweet, wet bergamot. This invigorating opening is attracted to the waiting heart by a dry mint. Here, in the middle, this leafy mint along with a bitter-sweet lime impart their freshness, culminating in a lemonade brew. A captivating pelargonium frolics and bestows its muted, flowery geranium aspects. This tasty melange flows to the awaiting base. Light, woody notes with their concomitant butteriness along with a boozy, warm and sweetish rum create an airy cushion to carry the lemony and minty mix to its refreshful drydown. Albeit this composition has quality ingredients and is blended well, it is nonetheless imitative of so many other warm weather scents. The one thing that does set it apart is its deporable projection and longevity.

and

Guerlain Homme by Guerlain - In the refreshing opening, one is immediately treated to a sublime, mojito cocktail, with its quasi-bitter lime, bewitching rum and herbal mint leaf. This invigorating brew flows to the waiting middle. Here, in the heart, a clean and fresh green tea, along with a tart and leafy rhubarb, as well as a semi-sweet bergamot subsumes the boozy mix, while a captivating pelargonium imparts its muted, flowery geranium aspects. The subdued melange meanders to the awaiting base. Taintless vetiver, with its chaste dirt and grassiness, coupled with a rich and dry cedar, along with a bitter-sweet lime as well as a hint of sweetness usurp the humbled melange, and commence its inviting drydown. This uneventful composition, albeit it possesses quality ingredients, is not nuanced enough to make it stand out in its genre. A spring and summer scent, it has average projection and longevity.
    Last edited by dollars&scents; 7th August 2012 at 10:12 PM.

I owned both at different times. I'd probably say Guerlain Homme is the better deal because you still get the same overall feel of Intense at 1/2 to 1/3 the price. When I smell Guerlain Homme it reminds me of some of the bars near the water in Florida. There's a strong woodyness from the bar, a bit of fresh seashore breeze, with a mojito in your hand. I like it!

No longevity issues for me. Have both and am quite happy with both.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    No longevity issues for me. Have both and am quite happy with both.
    Me too. They both last and last for me.

Be careful with regular Guerlain Homme - it can fool your nose. You can stop smelling it, but people around you will smell it NO problem.

There used to be a hilarious negative review here, where somebody wore too much to church and gassed out the reviewer.

The Intense is hard to get except by mail order or in a Guerlain boutique. It is stronger but wears closer - much less risk of gassing people out. It's one of my favorite Guerlains.

I'd take both, both failing to have both, I'd get the Intense version. Apart from the better longevity, also the possibility to be a tad more original and uncommon.