Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Fragrances with the strongest Performance and tremendous Projection/Longevity

noticed another thread about "Inexpensive strong fragrances"
    but i wan't to take away that limit and ask the community to give me their STRONGEST performers

we are talking Le Male and A* Men, Tom Ford etc.
    Stuff that engulfs the room and strangles out any other fragrances.

Also seen as i have given a couple examples already, I want you to dig deep and find fragrances that are heavy hitters and blast off the skin and last a long time that you know personally and some of us may not know.
    so go for it: Give me your heavy hitters your work horses, your show offs and attention seekers!

What do you feel is the fragrance with the best performance?

thanks chaps! George.
    Current Signature scent: Chanel Allure Home Sport

Default Re: Fragrances with the strongest Performance and tremendous Projection/Longevity

Most Amouages and Histoires de Parfums (at least the few of each I own) have crazy projection and longevity. I'm not allowed to wear 1740 to work ever again.

Default Re: Fragrances with the strongest Performance and tremendous Projection/Longevity

Also of course forgot to mention "Fahrenheit"
    Current Signature scent: Chanel Allure Home Sport

Chamade by Guerlain

Givenchy Play Intense. I sprayed twice in the morning, three hours later a friend asked how much cologne I had sprayed. Needless to say the juice is super strong and not for the faint of heart. If I'm looking for people to notice what I'm wearing, Play Intense is my go-to.

Formidable Homme

Had an epic experience with Windsor over the weekend. Put 3 sprays on (one on chest and one each side of neck) an 6:30pm friday night and could still smell it sunday night into monday morning. Thats after 2 showers too. Actually still got whiffs of the eucalyptus until midday monday which is mind blowing . Awesome experience for a first wear. I've gotten 24+ hours out of a few frags (Puredistance, Leather Oud, Le Male) but never 60+

Montale Black Aoud is some pretty strong stuff, as is Bond's Riverside Drive.
    Last edited by cloud atlas; 8th August 2012 at 01:43 AM.

I think many Montales will be put into this category I.e. Black Aoud.
    Byredo Pulp is pretty beastly and so are some Mancera fragrances, Sand Aoud and The Aoud being two of them specifically. Bogart pour Homme strong as well.

Bogart Pour Homme
    One Man Show
    Encre Noire (It seems to be so powerful on my skin but most don't have this experience)

+1 on the Bogart line. I'll add Blue Amber by Montale. The longevity is insane.

armani code can be smelled for days, as for projection JOOP crazy loud,

Fleur du Male
    Joop! Homme
    Bogart pour homme
    Le Male
    Terre d'Hermes

Honorable mentions/purported ones that need more testing by me:
    Kouros
    Green Irish Tweed
    Ambre Russe
    Platinum Egoiste
    A*Men
    Fahrenheit
    Opium ph (edt)
    Last edited by Winterbourne; 8th August 2012 at 12:37 AM.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Tobacco Vanille

Costume National 21 lasts for about 2 days on my skin. Stuff is an absolute steal at $60/100ml IMO
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Montale Black Oud

Guerlainista

A Taste of Heaven. You'll smell like lavender for days.

Ambre Sultan lasts a long time too.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dior Homme Intense (reformulation) -The only fragrance I don't need to re-apply for whole day.

Kouros, 1 Million, L'Instant, Lapidus PH, Armani Mania, L'Eau D'Issey, Polo Green, Joop!Homme.

Amen for me.... I wish I liked it, cuz holy fuck its ridiculous.... I seriously put it on one day and it woke up me up from my sleep and was "like who the fuck is cooking brownies....... oh its me." Ive gotten 10 hours just with the top note of that nasty tar with this stuff before. Its insane. Again if only liked it sigh....

Dependent

Bogart Furyo

Half spray to the back of my neck was still too much for me

The king of the hill in this category has to be 1 Million
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Tobacco Vanille, Santal 33, Memoir Man, Epic Man and Jubilation XXV have room filling projection on my skin and they last forever.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    The king of the hill in this category has to be 1 Million
    Cannot possibly compare to APLS by Kurkdjian.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemanja View Post
    Encre Noire (It seems to be so powerful on my skin but most don't have this experience)
    This. I get great longevity and projection with "Black Ink".

Kouros, 1 Million, Lapidus PH, L'Eau D'Issey, Joop! Bogart PH, Quorum, Aramis (Concetree), Black Orchid, Gucci PH, Santos Concentree. Most Montales

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Costume National 21 lasts for about 2 days on my skin. Stuff is an absolute steal at $60/100ml IMO
    All of the Costume National scents in my wardrobe fall into this category. Excellent quality and not over-priced.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

CDG Wonderwood lasts a very long time on my skin, one small spray on my wrist and I could still smell it a day later after showering & washing my hands more than once.

Aside from the aforementioned, also: Francesco Smalto pour Homme.

+ on Tobacco Vanille.

Also, Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

Banned

Joop! Homme

Tobacco Vanille comes straight to mind.

Amouage Epic has nuclear power sillage and stayingpower. 1 spray will fill a room!

Amouage Tribute Attar

Many Montales...Epic Man (24+), Onda Extrait, Ambra Mediterranea, 1740, Portrait of a Lady...others...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by Baldini View Post
    Most Amouages and Histoires de Parfums (at least the few of each I own) have crazy projection and longevity. I'm not allowed to wear 1740 to work ever again.
    +1 on above. i might add montale and nasomatto (all of them), almost any powerhouse frag from the 80's (that's not necessarily a good thing), tuscan leather, tom ford extreme, some serge lutens as well (chergui for instance).

Black Aoud is strongest that I smelled so far.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

One Man Show Gold.

Prada Amber on my skin go's for about 24 hrs.. Less Is more on this one with out a doubt. Two sprays should be more than enough......stuff Is potent....but a high quailty product to be sure.

Aramis JHL.

Wow, I wonder how many people claim that Black Aoud is so strong. Ok, it's not weak, but it's not insanely strong imo. The longest lasting scent I know is sables by Annick Goutal. It's quite strong, but I don't think it is room filling. How ironic knowing that most Goutals are rather faint and short-lived.

Basenotes Junkie

Oddly, Boss Bottled. I have no idea why, but Boss #6 gets crazy longevity on me. Too bad I don't like it.

My skin chemistry must be really odd because A*Men doesn't last particularly long on me. Le Male is strangely gone in 3-4 hours. On the other hand, there are a lot of woody fragrances that go all day on my skin.

Of those what i own (not in any special order):

Bijan for men
    Chanel Antaeus
    Rochas Macassar
    YSL Kouros
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

These both last forever and project on my skin:

HdP 1740
    FM Carnal Flower
    FM Portrait of a Lady
    MFK Absolue pour le Soir
    Tom Ford Amber Absolute
    SSS Tabac Aurea
    Bond NY Oud

My skin eats most scents. FM Bois d'Orage is gone in about 30 minutes, and Nasomatto Duro is a tame puppy on my skin.

I agree with NY Oud and TF AA -- those are very long lasting.
    Seasonal favorites:

2. Creed - Aventus
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio

Poison (Dior). Some years ago, I applied a bit after showering before I went to bed. The next morning I had a class at 12 and everyone was sniffing it. I felt so self-conscious lol

Blog Entries

+1 for Poison. Adding Opium, Obsession & Youth Dew, none of which l like.

Of those l do like; l agree with Amber Absolute & Ambra Mediterranea, as well as most Montales. Also Fracas & Alien.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Yes, Opium would be long lasting - but my soap & water along with a strong scrubbing kept it from lasting more than 30 minutes.
    Seasonal favorites:

2. Creed - Aventus
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio

Gucci Pour Homme ii and Tommy Bahama Set Sails St. Barts last through a shower and the night into the next morning - but have little to no projection on me. And some of the biggest projectors dissipate far before it's convenient for them to do so. Go figure.

Another +1 for Joop! You shouldn't be aloud to come in contact with another human until 1 hour has passed after applying this stuff.

The strongest, longest lasting perfume I ever had was "Sandal". It was an Indian hanky perfume. I don't think that it was meant to be worn on the skin, but the lady that gave it to me wore it on her skin and it smells sooooo amazing on her. When you walk on the 3rd floor, you can always tell if she is working because you can smell her perfume as soon as you get off the elevator. It lasts a long time on the skin also. You can take a shower and still smell hints of it afterwards. Same applies when you wash the clothes you wore with the perfume. You can still smell it in your clothes after a wash or 2.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Burberry Touch, Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, Creed Santal, Creed Himalaya, Bvlgari BLV and Bvlagari Aqua all have HUGE longevity with my chemistry.
    Last edited by awilson529; 9th August 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Salvador Dali Pour Homme for men
    Bijan for men
    Aramis JHL
    Kouros
    Bogart Pour Homme 2004
    Quorum
    Balenciaga Pour Homme
    Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel
    Giorgio Beverly Hills PH
    Fendi Uomo
    Trussardi Uomo
    Francesco Smalto PH
    VC&A pour Homme
    Davidoff
    and more
    Last edited by Hovo; 2nd February 2013 at 05:44 AM.

As you mentioned above, Le Male is a killer.

Tom Ford's Black Orchid lasts forever and can really project. If you're leary about wearing a frag marketed toward women go with Jaipur Homme EDP - it lasts all day and can fill the room if you put more than 2 sprays. But you have to buy the EDP to get the projection and longevity. Also, try some of the classic 80's fragrances - alot of "loud" ones there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Aside from the aforementioned, also: Francesco Smalto pour Homme.
    True enough, but few people are gonna like this scent.

If you want sweet and popular, I would say 1 Million.
    If you want a masculine powerhouse, I would say VanCleef & Arpels pour homme
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Nothing lasts more than the faintest trace beyond 6 hours. I mean, you would literally have to stick your nose on my wrist to smell it, even if I have 4-5 sprays on. This includes heavy hitters like Fracas, tobacco vanille and SDV. I have very, very dry skin. Lotion helps- but not as much as I would like.

It's not olfactory fatigue either. I've asked a lot of people, they can't smell it either (until they are 0.5 cm from my skin). Im currently wearing 12 sprays of acqua di parma. Lol.

That's why I chose scentsucker as my username.

Two more to add to the list: Chrome by Azzaro. It's inexpensive, easy to get your hands on, and a few sprays will fill the room and stay on you all day. And, my favorite "performer": Winter Star by Michael Storer. I seriously only "spittle" this onto my skin. I don't even give myself a full spray. A tiny bit of it on each arm - less than half a spray and I'm good. Give it a full spray on each arm and you will anounce your presence the second you walk through the door. This is good stuff indeed.

Profumum Olibanum, CdG Kyoto.