Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tom Ford Noir

Default Re: Tom Ford Noir

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    It is? WHOA. OK - I can believe the low projection. The poor longevity seems a mystery. But yeah - the Intense would be an interesting proposition. Pure parfum is always welcome here!
    I think it lasts and projects well. I loved what TF did with For Men when they turned that Extreme. I'd be very interested to see what happens with this release scent-wise in an intense version.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Sniffed this at Neiman's today. I'd be a lot more excited about it if I wasn't already familiar with Tom Ford Extreme and Habit Rouge EDP. It smells roughly like a child of those two...both in smell and in temperament. TF took a lot more risk releasing Extreme, and it is a more interesting and better scent, but not for everyone. This tones down that funky note in Extreme (truffle liquor, sort of), sweetens it up with some extra powdery-sweet patchouli character, and as a result, it will probably be a big hit for Tom Ford. And it does smell quite good. I just wish it had a little more oomph to it. I won't be buying, but I think it's a good release.
    This is a good characterization of Noir. I definitely smell the Habit Rouge reference here, but didn't first time. At first application I smell the mossy, trufle scent that is noticeable in Extreme but it also reminds me of Black Orchid slightly because of the sweet almost minty florals that waft in and out. As it wears on the sweetness of a Habit Rouge type vanilla? opoponox maybe? wears to the front. I think it will be a good fragrance for some, and will probably sell well through the Tom Ford marketing machine, I am not drawn to buy a bottle of this one because of the sweetness in it. Vanilla notes smell attractive, but are not my favorite
    to wear.
    SUMMER COLOGNES: Gabriella Chieffo Aquasala • Dior Homme Cologne • Boudicea the Victorious Oxford • Penhaligons Lothair • Molecule 01 • Azemour les Orangers • AdP Essenza • Byredo Sunday Cologne • Ginepro di Sardegna • Maestrale • Iris Nazarena • Versace Pour Homme •

all i get out of this is La Nuit L'Homme
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    Then you must have been smelling La Nuit de L'Homme
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

It's absolutely nothing like La Nuit de l'Homme.

I see absolutely zero resemblance to LNdL.
    Splits!

Creed GIT, Clive Christian 1872 & X For Men --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...-International

I retract my statement. I tried my sample again and while i still classify it in a similar category they are two different scents. Could have just been the cloud I was in. My was with my buddy when I sprayed it on and he was doused in Sexual By MG.
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

This stuff is goss. I got a sample from sephora by accident and swear it was a woman's fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by Erok32 View Post
    This stuff is goss. I got a sample from sephora by accident and swear it was a woman's fragrance
    I'd still wear it even if it was a woman's fragrance!

Come to think of it Erok, you didn't get a sample of Noir de Noir did you? Also by Tom Ford. I can see how some men might find it too feminine (not this one though, almost through my 100ml bottle!)
    Last edited by Fraghead; 24th September 2012 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    Thanks man. I strongly recommend jumping on this one. I'm really enjoying it. I was surprised to see Boots listing it so soon; I'm going to start checking their website more often for early releases!
    Ordered!
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

It's neither feminine nor masculine. Perfectly unisex in my opinion.

I also find that it projects quite well. My sister has commented on it twice since I started wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I'd still wear it even if it was a woman's fragrance!

Come to this of it Erok, you didn't get a sample of Noir de Noir did you? Also by Tom Ford. I can see how some men might find it too feminine (not this one though, almost through my 100ml bottle!)
    I do not get any tinge of femininity in this whatsoever. This had to have been confused with Noir de Noir, I do not see how anyone could find this feminine. It would even be a stretch to call this unisex. It's not the "MAN!" kind of fragrance that a Polo or Drakkar Noir is, but this certainly is masculine.
    Splits!

Creed GIT, Clive Christian 1872 & X For Men --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...-International

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Sniffed this at Neiman's today. I'd be a lot more excited about it if I wasn't already familiar with Tom Ford Extreme and Habit Rouge EDP. It smells roughly like a child of those two...both in smell and in temperament. TF took a lot more risk releasing Extreme, and it is a more interesting and better scent, but not for everyone. This tones down that funky note in Extreme (truffle liquor, sort of), sweetens it up with some extra powdery-sweet patchouli character, and as a result, it will probably be a big hit for Tom Ford. And it does smell quite good. I just wish it had a little more oomph to it. I won't be buying, but I think it's a good release.
    Interesting, since IMO, he sort of copied Guerlain's Vetiver with his Grey Vetiver and now this is his take on Habit Rouge?

I love HR, but I doubt that I need a Tom-Ford-version of this.

Where, in the US, are you guys smelling this? I was at the mall yesterday and I couldn't find it at Sephora or Nordstroms. The SA at Nordstrom's told me I was the 5th customer, that day, that came in asking about it.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    I do not get any tinge of femininity in this whatsoever. This had to have been confused with Noir de Noir, I do not see how anyone could find this feminine. It would even be a stretch to call this unisex. It's not the "MAN!" kind of fragrance that a Polo or Drakkar Noir is, but this certainly is masculine.
    My point exactly.

Lol you must be smokin crack or something. I didnt know it was labeled as a feminine perfume but at first sniff I thought "middle aged woman" , and can only imagine being either laughed at or looked at very strangely if I wore this.

Lol you must be smokin crack or something. I didnt know it was labeled as a feminine perfume but at first sniff I thought "middle aged woman" , and can only imagine being either laughed at or looked at very strangely if I wore this.
    Maybe we're smelling two different things, you sure you're not talking about noir de noir? I cannot fathom any interpretation of noir as old or middle aged woman perfume. There's civet in it! If that's not a masculine note, what is?
    Splits!

Maybe we're smelling two different things, you sure you're not talking about noir de noir? I cannot fathom any interpretation of noir as old or middle aged woman perfume. There's civet in it! If that's not a masculine note, what is?
    Lol im not sure why but I thought we were talking about black orchid. Oops! :/
    Apparently im the one smokin crack.

Lol im not sure why but I thought we were talking about black orchid. Oops! :/
    Apparently im the one smokin crack.
    Ahhhhh, now your comments make sense, especially since Black Orchid is technically women's perfume :P.
    Splits!

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Interesting, since IMO, he sort of copied Guerlain's Vetiver with his Grey Vetiver and now this is his take on Habit Rouge?

I love HR, but I doubt that I need a Tom-Ford-version of this.

Where, in the US, are you guys smelling this? I was at the mall yesterday and I couldn't find it at Sephora or Nordstroms. The SA at Nordstrom's told me I was the 5th customer, that day, that came in asking about it.
    Whoah - wait a minute! A Tom Ford version of HR? Ok - now I need to try this ... (suspiciously)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Powdery Iris and violet on a bed of peppery geranium and patchouli is what I mainly getting from this latest offering from Tom Ford. I can pick up slight hints of vanille/amber within the mix as well but just slightly.

I have to say I am not that impressed and was expecting so much more from Tom Ford, not bottle worthy for me.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have to say I am not that impressed and was expecting so much more from Tom Ford, not bottle worthy for me.
    I tried this at Nordsrom's this weekend. They were kind enough to give me a sample to take home. Right now, I have to agree, did not impress. I will give it a few wearings before making final judgement, but not overly optimistic.

I was travelling in the States 2 weeks ago and picked up a bottle. It certainly reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it. For me it has solid projection and longevity. I suspect it will be in heavy rotation for me in the fall/winter seasons.

Basenotes Institution

In the review on Now Smell This, he mentions Jicky several times.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Wearing again today. Not blown away by any means but it's a decent 4* scent for me.
    Currently wearing: Aubépine-Acacia by Creed

On my first skin test, a girl told me that I smelled like parma violets.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    In the review on Now Smell This, he mentions Jicky several times.
    Hmm - it's basically Jicky with a crappy part in the middle. I'll have to give it a whiff, but it doesn't sound promising.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's perfectly 'nice', but nothing I'd really want to buy immediately. It's starting to fade after about 2 hours too, which is disappointing despite my generally temperamental skin.

Only smelt this on card, but it seemed to have similarities to Burberry Brit.

I finally tried this and wasnt impressed. The opening was amazing. It reminded me of a spicy version of l'instant de guerlain. However,it dries down to baby powder.