Code of Conduct

Default L'eau d'issey Pour Homme "experts"...Is it my skin or the Bottle?

Hi there,...Has L'eau d'issey Pour Homme been reformulated or something of that sort? Based on so many good reviews I read on BN about this fragrance, I went in for the 200ml bottle thinking it would actually last more than 16hrs on my skin. But that wasn't the case at all as I only got 3-4hrs on my skin. But to my surprise,it stayed fresh for a long time when i sprayed it in my clothes. I could still detect it after 24hrs. Does anyone experience this as well? Is it my skin or is there something wrong with the bottle? Is the juice really supposed to last a long time on the skin? As far as authenticity goes, I'm pretty sure its okay (at least I'm 80% sure of that). There's no sign on the box or bottle that suggests its fake, batch code on both box and bottle match etc. Its just the juice that got me wondering a bit. Silage and projection are also good...just the longevity on my skin. Please lemme know what you think!!!

Default Re: L'eau d'issey Pour Homme "experts"...Is it my skin or the Bottle?

I also had longevity issues with my sample that I got directly from Issey Miyake so maybe its skin chemistry thing.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Each person's skin is different and also the heat absorbs the juice but this fragances is one of the most long lasting in the market.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

It projects for 2 hours on me,and then becomes a skin scent for 4-6 hours.

In this case, I doubt the skin issue. My skin is such that scents last really really long on me, even those that the most complain about longevity issue. However, I ordered L'eau d'Issey a while ago and noticed that it doesn't last on me at all, at least not as expected. I think it's the reformulation that messed it up, and messed it up "well".

Default Re: L'eau d'issey Pour Homme "experts"...I s it my skin or the Bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    In this case, I doubt the skin issue. My skin is such that scents last really really long on me, even those that the most complain about longevity issue. However, I ordered L'eau d'Issey a while ago and noticed that it doesn't last on me at all, at least not as expected. I think it's the reformulation that messed it up, and messed it up "well".
    You just might be right.....but its still nonetheless a good scent, but arrrghhhghggg (Why reformulation?). they messed that juice up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    yours is a little worse i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    Each person's skin is different and also the heat absorbs the juice but this fragances is one of the most long lasting in the market.
    I'm guessing that as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I also had longevity issues with my sample that I got directly from Issey Miyake so maybe its skin chemistry thing.
    oh okay....i guess i'm settled now. Its probabaly a reformulation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    oh okay....i guess i'm settled now. Its probabaly a reformulation

Longevity is above average with this one on my skin.

i have a 40ml bottle, Longevity not good

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    welcome to the club

It lasts for ages on my skin. What you describe sounds like my bottle of Fujiyama Homme, which is very similar to Issey, but only lasts about three hours on my skin.

Get a piece of paper, spray some on your skin and some on the paper. Compare the two four or five hours later, and you should have an idea what is going on.

Also, when I have scents that don't last long on me, I spray once at various places, wait a minute, then spray exactly over the spots where I'd previously sprayed. I get a lot more longevity that way, but use up the bottle twice as fast.
    Cheers,
    Renato

it lasts pretty long on my skin but most fragrances last for a long time on clothes anyway

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    Ditto. I think the smaller sprayer on the 40ml is partly to blame as when I sprayed from the 100ml in store, I got better longevity.

Maybe try the Intense version or the Gold edition. Both behave much better for me.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

I've gotten compliments saying I smell nice an hour after I've jumped in a swimming pool while wearing it. One of my longest lasting frags.

If you skin is dry it's probably the reason of the poor lasting power.

I recently bought a bottle from nordstroms rack and was wondering the same....didnt last or project like i thought it would. Hell maybe its just my noise. But because its an old frag that was overly popular at one time i dont think its a big compliment getter.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Basically just another case of people overrating a fragrance's power. Granted it varies from person to person and from drier skin to moister skin, but in general New People don't get caught up in some of the crazy over praises of potency around this forum. A lot of it is folklore.

Maybe it's just the skin

If there was a recent reformulation, I'm guessing mine predates it as I've had it at least six years. Longevity and potency are decent, but not overwhelming. This is one that my nose gets accustomed to and I find that people around me smell it after I no longer can.

IMO its one of the best summer scents out there, especially for what its priced.
    I have the 200ml and a backup 125ml, but i doubt they've reformulated, but in myexperience9i do get good longevity btw0, it always performed better on clothe's.
    For some reason, i kinda preferred how it changes on clothe's rather than skin.

Try going two spray's on the side of your neck, one on the chest of your shirt and two on the botom of your shirt.
    If you want it to last longer, go one additional spray on the back of your shirt, and i dont mean the neck region, i mean the middle back region of your shirt, since the back is a major point that gets heated up.

Yeah, this one wears pretty light on me too. Same as somebody posted before, got about 2 hours before became too close to my skin to be able to smell. I knew it was never going to be some sort of longevity bomb, but it's still disappointing. Might get rid soon, but I'd definitely look into trying one of the many flankers.

Edit: Removed
    Last edited by iiRISH_LUcK; 26th May 2014 at 08:07 PM.

It's your skin.
    I never had any luck with the original L'Eau D'Issey. It's 2009 summer flanker is a much nicer fragrance.

That's odd. It lasts long on my skin, around 6 hrs, which is longer than most frags I use. A lot of frags don't last on my skin, so Issey is one of those that I'm happy for its lasting power.

Quote Originally Posted by justiceanthony View Post
    Hi there,...Has L'eau d'issey Pour Homme been reformulated or something of that sort? Based on so many good reviews I read on BN about this fragrance, I went in for the 200ml bottle thinking it would actually last more than 16hrs on my skin. But that wasn't the case at all as I only got 3-4hrs on my skin. But to my surprise,it stayed fresh for a long time when i sprayed it in my clothes. I could still detect it after 24hrs. Does anyone experience this as well? Is it my skin or is there something wrong with the bottle? Is the juice really supposed to last a long time on the skin? As far as authenticity goes, I'm pretty sure its okay (at least I'm 80% sure of that). There's no sign on the box or bottle that suggests its fake, batch code on both box and bottle match etc. Its just the juice that got me wondering a bit. Silage and projection are also good...just the longevity on my skin. Please lemme know what you think!!!

You expected it to last 16 hours?
    It looks like this fragrance works out differently on people's skin.
    On my skin it projects really good for 2 hours and gets closer to the skin for another 4 at least before it fades and I spray it rather liberally (4x neck, 2 chest and a few on clothes).

I think it performs way better in warmer weather instead of fall/winter regarding longevity!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

The most I ever got out of issey was 8 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    Ditto. I think the smaller sprayer on the 40ml is partly to blame as when I sprayed from the 100ml in store, I got better longevity.

Maybe try the Intense version or the Gold edition. Both behave much better for me.
    I too have a 40ml bottle. I think we're on to something here.

Howdy folks.

Is anyone able to say with some confidence that L'Eau D'Issey has in fact been reformulated, or no ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    Same ^

It lasts like 4- 5 hours on me ...

It used to last a long time on my skin. I got a new bottle at the back end of last year and I barely get an hour or two now, so I barely both with it. As you said though, it lasts a very long time on clothes.

On the other hand, the Gold Absolu version of L'eau D'Issey lasts me all day, and I much prefer that fragrance.

From my limited experience with this fragrance, its longevity was never particularly good on me either.

The original back in the days was a true monster in terms of sillage in longevity. I picked up a bottle in 2011 and was disappointed as it was much, much weaker in every respect.

@HAllen, how is the gold version in terms of projection? Did you ever experience the vintage 90s Issey?

6 hours is quite good. Most designer perfumes have that as an upper end.

Basenotes Plus

A few months ago, I went 4 days without showering just to see how long this would last on me.

It was gone after about 8 hours.