Code of Conduct

Default Similar to La Nuit, Givenchy Play Intense, and Tobacco Vanille

What's up guys, I'm fragrance extraordinaire. You could say I'm new to this place; however, I've been a long time reader and didn't really have a need to join until today...

Went out to the ball and went to Nordstrom, Maceys, Sephora, and Neiman Marcus to test about 50 or so of the most popular men's fragrances on basenotes and in general

Before this, a little about me: male (obviously), 21, college student, in LOVE with gourmand fragrances like absolutely cannot live without them which brings me to my favorite fragrances that I sniffed today:

1. La Nuit De L'homme- needs no introduction and I have smelled this bugger before but he gets me every time just absolutely amazing to my nose. I have to say not everyone is the same and many will disagree but that's why our genetics, personality and body chemistry all differ which makes this an amazing community.

2. Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford is invigorating its THE best vanilla scent you will ever smell hands down believe the hype it's that good. However, it's also that expensive but in the future it is a must buy for me. Whoever has not smelled it, please go to your nearest Neiman Marcus and sniff the hell out of it you will not be able to depart

3. Givenchy Play Intense- first time smelling it surprisingly, and I got lost in the invigorating, sophisticated, mysterious scent that of which is givenchy play intense. I still cannot stop sniffing it.

Anyhow, these are the fragrances I am into.
    I also really like blvgari black, spicebomb, Burberry britt, and le male (I know I know) scents

So, my question to you guys. Can you find me gourmands like the top 3 and others that I have listed.
    I know of rochas man and body kouros which I will try and probably buy soon because they are so inexpensive
    I have tried HM-HM and lolita lempicka also good fragrances
    Throw some names out there for me and I appreciate it

* side note I did smell Aventus and have tried it on my skin before but it's just not for me. I did have women following me around the stores when I wore it and it was quite funny but I just couldn't find the smell appeasing maybe its cause they had the batch that's tabacco from the start to the finish but I was more appealed to the pineapple scent that everyone was raving about. Unfortunately, the batch I tried both times had absolutely not citrusy pineapple smell it was very dark and tobaccoey

Green Irish Tweed- a more sophisticated version of cool water which I own. To the untrained nose, they smell very much alike of course GIT being the higher niche quality one

I tried about 10 or so creeds and all them are very similar in smell
    I was disappointed that they don't have many gourmands

I tried a couple bond #9's as well unfortunately they didn't have the gourmand New Harlem which really disappointed

The lady at Neiman Marcus whom was quite attractive and flirty let me get a whiff of a new fragrance that's being released next month
    Forgot the name, sorry but it was absolutely amazing
    A niche for sure. Smelled like a perfect tobacco version of Tom Fords Jasmine Rouge with a masculine touch if that makes sense
    I loved it

Anyhow, thanks guys appreciate it

Default Re: Similar to La Nuit, Givenchy Play Intense, and Tobacco Vanille

Pure Malt perhaps
    Dior Homme Intense (got a sample, don't like the opening pencil-sharpner shavings/nailpolish/makeup smell, but the drydown is quite lovely)

Right on been meaning to give those two a try especially pure malt although I was a little turned off when I heard it had a boozy like smell

Don't get me wrong, I love my liquor just not with my fragrances don't want to smell like the bums across the street
    ;b

Michael by Michael Kors...a sophisticated fragrance. Hated by few but loved by many. Very very rich frag. Has a bit of all three u mentioned above.

+1 to Michael by Michael Kors

Lets not forget the original A*men by Mugler

lol sometimes smelling a little like booze could be good. had PM on one day and someone told me it did have that booze vibe, but once it dries down, you can't stop sniffing your wrists!

oh and WELCOME!

If you want something similar to TV but reasonably priced then you need to check out Eau des Baux.

Designer Gourmands? Guerlain L'Instant PH Extreme, Armani Attitude, all the Thierry Mugler stuff, and then I don't rate these 2 but Dior Homme Intense and Givenchy Very Irresistible.

Definitely have to give that Michael Kors a try looks interesting

I have tried A-men
    It's very good but in a way a little too empowering like I'm sure it smells better from a distance but when you smell it up close it can be a bit cloying not in a bad way though just gave a tad headache but I could see someone saying that about many fragrances
    I have to say the dry down does it justice though

What's eau des baux smell like I love the vanilla from TV

But will def give these all a try next time in at the mall

Btw spicebomb sillage absolutely sucks on my skin
    I only got about 4 hours of it and it absolutely disappeared like no scent at all remaining unbelievable and I usually am good with longevity anyone else experience this?

Also, would midnight in Paris be a good try I hear a lot of people mention it when referring to spicebomb or blvgari black

Again, thanks for the suggestion guys and thanks for the welcome hopefully I can contribute to this forum myself since I am officially a member now and my collection is growing with each passing....year ;b

Basenotes Junkie

I'll second L'instant Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme and Dior Homme Intense. Also, give A*Men and its flankers a shot, if you haven't already.

Pure Malt

All excellent gourmands:

Hermes Amber Narguile
    Mugler A*Men, Pure Havane, Pure Malt
    Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    Frapin 1270
    Guerlain Tonka Imperiale
    Bond New Haarlem
    Amouage Reflection man
    Freddy Malle Musc Ravageur
    24 Gold
    Jil Sander Absolute
    Dior Homme / Intense
    L'instant de Guerlain Extreme
    Dior Eau Noire

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrance_Extraordinaire View Post
    Right on been meaning to give those two a try especially pure malt although I was a little turned off when I heard it had a boozy like smell

Don't get me wrong, I love my liquor just not with my fragrances don't want to smell like the bums across the street
    ;b
    Pure Malt is nothing like that! We have pretty similar tastes and PM is probably my favorite gourmand right now though New Haarlem is giving it a run for its money. You definitely won't smell like a homeless bum, think a classy scotch with cherries like the guys on Mad Men. Huge difference!

Definitely test it first though.

Agreed with the post above me.

Pure Malt turned out to be a lot more wearable then I expected.

It's not Jack Daniels in a spray bottle lol it's very sophisticated and warm.

Definitely give it a shot!

Coromandel
    Musc Ravaguer
    New Haarlem
    Tonka Imperial
    Dior Homme Intense
    Pure Havane
    Ambre 114
    Invasion Barabre
    Absolue pour le soir

Will do guys alright so far my must tries are

Pure malt
    Dior Homme Intense
    New Haarlem
    Michael by Michael Kors
    Eau Des Baux
    Musc Ravageur (not sure where to sample this one or one above)
    Tonka Imperial

The lot that intrigues me the most

If you like the vanilla play on gourmand:
    Parfumeria Generale's Bois Blond is an excellent unisex vanilla that I love
    M. Micallef's Gaiac is a sweet, woody vanilla base.
    Odin New York's Century is a nice woody vanilla chypre
    Jane Booke's Taken - Ok, it's listed as feminine, but it's so yummy I'd wear it as a guy.
    Brecourt's Mauvais Garcon is another masculine vanilla, with some smokiness added.
    Theirry Mugler's A*Men and Pure Malt are both yummy.

Want some honey notes? Dawn Spencer Hurwitz - Mahjoun

A bit of chocolate and berry? Kilian's Back to Black

Marshmellow? I know, sounds crazy, but that's Kilian's Love Don't Be Shy

Cake? Tokyo Milk's Bittersweet and Let Them Eat Cake

You don't wanna skip Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, it's the best vanilla.