Code of Conduct

Cool Fragrances from Gandini 1896 House

Anyone wears fragrances from this house? They are long-lasting, unique?

I intend to blind buy Pomegranate and Incense Gandini 1896 , Lavander and Gold Amber Gandini 1896.

How your opinion?
    Last edited by stevenhuynh87; 9th August 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Default Re: Fragrances from Gandin 1896 House

You might want to edit your title and change "Gandin" to "Gandini".

Default Re: Fragrances from Gandin 1896 House

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    You might want to edit your title and change "Gandin" to "Gandini".
    thank you, dude

- - - Updated - - -

No one wears this house

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Fragrances from Gandini 1896 House

I am wearing the Lavanda ed Ambra Oro, a very nice lavender/amber combo that's basic, no-nonsense and pretty good. What are the prices on this line? Who sells them? I got a sample from a Basenoter...
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I've only tried Lime & Basil & Blue Musk that a friend had. They were OK but not something I would consider buying for myself.

I own Lavender and Gold Amber, Pomegranate and Incense, and Orange Blossom and Leaves. They are all solid fragrances and long lasting despite being listed as colognes. The orange one is probably my favorite of the three that I own.

I bought mine locally for the equivalent of about $40-$45 for 100ml, but don't have any idea what they sell for elsewhere.
    Last edited by noggs; 4th December 2012 at 02:44 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks guys.

Can you post a pic of the bottles noggs?
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thanks guys.

Can you post a pic of the bottles noggs?
    Yep, but I'm just starting my work day now. I will do it this evening after I get home from the office.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe that Gandini has a more extensive range than the line being discussed here, but the only ones I know are the three that I own. I agree with Mike that they are good smelling, simple, straightforward fragrances. They remind me a bit of some of the Jo Malone line, but with more presence and longevity (and much lower price). I assume that they'e wholly or mostly synthetic, but they don't smell artificial.

While they contain other subtle notes such as woods and musks, they essentially smell like their names. As Mike mentioned, Lavender and Gold Amber is a very nice combo which smells like lavender and amber. To me the blend leans a little more towards the amber, but the balance is excellent. The lavender freshens the amber, which is neither too herbal or overly sweet, anyway, and the amber softens and rounds out the lavender.

Pomegranate and Incense is a good stand-in for Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir. Incense isn't the same as black pepper, but has a peppery element which counters the pomegranate in a similar fashion. The pomegranate in the Gandini is a little less strong and fruity than in the Malone, which I find borderline unbalanced at times. The incense in the Gandini is more prominent than the black pepper in the Malone, a balance that I find more pleasing.

Orange Blossom and Leaves is a strong, green, non-sweet, long lasting citrus fragrance, well worth seeking out by those who complain about the fleeting nature of citrus fragrances. It is dry and fresh, but not sharp, more green and sappy than many other orange scents.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks noggs. Is the company Italian?

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

http://www.harveynichols.com/beauty/...ragrances.html

This shows what the bottles look like and others in the line.

I think the brand is Italian.

Basenotes Institution

Wow, they do look like Jo Malone

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Mike, try to put your nose on the vintage stuff (which, sometimes, you can still find for reasonably cheap on the evil-bay). The older stuff, compared to the current, is just like vintage Coty and current Coty...just saying....

Here're some link to the vintage stuff...

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Silvio-GANDIN...#ht_500wt_1329

http://www.ebay.it/itm/VINTAGE-MINI-...ht_3282wt_1314

http://www.ebay.it/itm/GANDINI-CAPRI...#ht_500wt_1329

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Institution

Will do - thanks alfarom

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Anyone that bought a fragrance from the Gandini 1896 collection and can give some feedback? They are pretty cheap online.

Gandini is here:
    http://www.eurocosmesi.com/gandini-en

I suggest you to try "TABACCO", there is a very nice "amber plus vanille" note in the drydown.
    here it is.
    http://www.eurocosmesi.com/flex/cm/p...IT/IDPagina/71

- - - Updated - - -