Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: "Hi Haters" - Your guilty pleasure scent that you have no shame in sharing!!

Paul Smith for men, so cheap they almost give it away but is still better than 90% of the hyped/shilled stuff you see on BN.

Default Re: "Hi Haters" - Your guilty pleasure scent that you have no shame in sharing!!

Haters stand no chance against a healthy dose of One Man Show Gold, the weak bones of their overpriced niche frags will be broken like dry sticks, their women will start salivating in the next room, not knowing why yet.

Azzaro Chrome
    David Beckham Homme

Musc Ravageur, definitely my dirty pleasure.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Tabu.
    My Top Ten:

1: Guerlain - Habit Rouge
    2: Guerlain - Jicky
    3: Guerlain - Mouchoir de Monsieur
    4: Guerlain - Shalimar
    5: Knize - Knize Ten
    6: Caron - Yatagan
    7: Caron - Pour Un Homme
    8: Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles
    9: Yves Saint Laurent - M7
    10: Salvador Dali - Dali Pour Homme

Tabac Original. In Europe I would probably be considered a bumpkin.

Quote Originally Posted by MHV View Post
    In the UK you'd be considered a man of good taste (by those of us with good taste, that is )
    Alan

Paris Hilton for Men.

Laugh your hearts out.

Blog Entries

Bourbon Pepper, Apple, Cardamom, Sandalwood, Vanilla wood, Vetiver,
    Bath and Body Works Classic for men. I picked up a 100ml bottle on EBAY for about $15. I have to use 6 spritzes, but I LOVE the smell...of course it is discontinued, and I have to snatch up some more from EBAY before it disappears!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

I still really like Jovan Musk oil......

Pure Shot. Cant say i love it, but rather like it for what it is, not by comparing it with the other A*Men flankers.
    Boss Orange Man...synthetic, but pleasant to my nose.

Pure Shot. Cant say i love it, but rather like it for what it is, not by comparing it with the other A*Men flankers.
    Boss Orange Man...synthetic, but pleasant to my nose.

Please don't ban me from Basenotes but I really love Fantasy by Britney Spears. Uh oh, I think I see an angry mob forming! Gotta go.

Fuel for Life
    Fierce

Quote Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
    Scentwise, I think Pure Shot is amazing, the longevity on my skin was horrible though, around 2 hours.

Givenchy Play wears exceptionally well on my skin. My other guilty pleasure being One Million.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Yes, i saw many people complained about longevity on Pure Shot. I get decent one, 5-6 hours ussualy.
    Givenchy Play wears greatly on my skin as well, i dont think i ever got under 8 hours with this one.

Curve.
    It's ridiculously cheap. I've gotten tons of compliments from some very attractive women. And something about it smells like an old friend - probably because Curve is like an old friend. I first wore it back in the fall of 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have always loved Colors by Benetton for nostalgic reasons as I used to use it in college. But I'm not ashamed of it!
    Same here!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have always loved Colors by Benetton for nostalgic reasons as I used to use it in college. But I'm not ashamed of it!
    Same here!

Burberry Brit - I just love the sweet spicey powder smell. Amazingg.

CK One Summer.....trying to collect every year
    My entire BPAL collection?

But mostly......

1 Million

Got it as a gift and nearly returned it w/out trying it. So glad I didn't!

Also wouldn't mind owning Creed's Original Santal.

Oh, and there's another one that I have a fondness for that would fit this category: Alyssa Ashley Musk.

Not for wearing, but for smelling. It was my first girlfriend's smell (high school!), and she would put it on (she had a little roller) before going to bed...

I had been trying for years to find it, because I did not have the right name. I had a vague sense of the syllables "Ayasha... Maya... Something." I knew it rhymed, I knew it had three words, but that was it.

Eventually, through the generous help of Basenotes's database, one evening while I was idly reading the descriptions, I saw a little name pass by: Alyssa Ashley. I looked at what could have been available in 1996.... and there was Musk.

So I ordered a little vial from TPC. And when I opened it. The memories. The love. The pain.

I have been forbidden to wear any artificial fragrance to my workplace.

This (barbaric?) policy is applied very haphazardly, as I can smell many an artificial fragrance on my colleagues, ranging from their laundry detergent and fabric softener to mass market deodorants to mass market fragrances. (The only factor singling me out...oh dear, I hate to even contemplate it...is that I am a man and they're all women.)

So, I wear "Eau de Moi" when I'm feeling particularly peeved. Yes, my own musky, pungent, skanky BO. I lean back in my chair, hands behind my head, the yowls of a thousand kitty litter boxes screaming from my pits, and smile to myself as I fill the office with my presence.

Do I like it? Errr...kind of. My natural body scent is musky-pleasant...the BO, not so much. But, when Miss Whiner wrinkles her nose (YES! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!), there's not a thing that can be done about it.

Revenge is a scent best worn on hot, humid days in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by impdaddee View Post
    I have been forbidden to wear any artificial fragrance to my workplace.

This (barbaric?) policy is applied very haphazardly, as I can smell many an artificial fragrance on my colleagues, ranging from their laundry detergent and fabric softener to mass market deodorants to mass market fragrances. (The only factor singling me out...oh dear, I hate to even contemplate it...is that I am a man and they're all women.)

So, I wear "Eau de Moi" when I'm feeling particularly peeved. Yes, my own musky, pungent, skanky BO. I lean back in my chair, hands behind my head, the yowls of a thousand kitty litter boxes screaming from my pits, and smile to myself as I fill the office with my presence.

Do I like it? Errr...kind of. My natural body scent is musky-pleasant...the BO, not so much. But, when Miss Whiner wrinkles her nose (YES! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!), there's not a thing that can be done about it.

Revenge is a scent best worn on hot, humid days in the summer.
    Lol.... revenge would be sweeter still with some fermenting socks.... you can wear them every day....

Quote Originally Posted by MHV View Post
    no way it's quite appreciated here in the scent society, also expensive!

Basenotes Junkie

Kouros. I freaking love that pissy smell.

Blog Entries

Ye Old Spice can't beat it, on a man or on me, lovely stuff. I do believe i read somewhere it was created for ladies anyway.

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lancome Poeme. It gets panned and praised on both sides, but I like it mostly for smelling like a cheap lollipop stuck absentmindedly into a complex, classical perfume. Miss Dior Cherie and Angel for similar reasons. If naughty body parts were the sublimating contrast of classic perfumes, naughty foods were inevitably those of a recent time in which body parts are no longer shocking. Sure there's the super clean denial of bodily anything problem, too. But sometimes I delight in the glorious ridiculousness of gourmands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Girl View Post
    Please don't ban me from Basenotes but I really love Fantasy by Britney Spears. Uh oh, I think I see an angry mob forming! Gotta go.
    Lmao!

Ok, i am very nervous to admit to this, and expect to be pointed at and laughed at: Aquolina Pink Sugar i have used up 2 fb of it, And would like another, but, i have becme a snob i think.

There, i am out and proud!! I love Pink Sugar

Yeah baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Musc Ravageur, definitely my dirty pleasure.
    Oops. I thought this thread was about guilt pleasures, not dirty ones; otherwise I would have changed my post.
    Last edited by gmstrack; 4th October 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Blog Entries

I love it when BN folks admit that they are not snobs and enjoy mainstream dept. store frags occasionally.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

One Man Show
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

I love and miss B*Men <3

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Grey Flannel for me.

Never wore this when it was popular and not a clubber so, hell, Joop didn't seem all that bad to me. Still doesn't.

Candies for Men

I know 'everyone wears them', but I love L'eau d'Issey, Chrome, and Acqua di Gio!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Stop the beating, I Confess! Yes, I have worn and will continue to wear, Joop Pour homme. Yes, I know. It's a synthetic bomb. But I have been wearing it since it was first produced and I love the scent. It has become a part of me. Joop and I are one. Now I will walk quietly towards the firing line.

C.0. Bigelow Elixr Black = John Varvatos Vintage meets D&G the One for $20.00

Four, actually:

Acqua di Gio
    Le Male
    1 Million
    X Rocawear
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

120821-nicki-bottle.jpg

Just kidding.

Dior Homme Intense

Add Polo Explorer to my list.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Their is nothing to feel guilty about with Dior Homme Intense. That is some damn good juice. Wear it proudly.

Le Male
    Erolfa
    YSL L'Homme

Basenotes Junkie

Rochas Desir pour homme...doesn't get mentioned much on here...it's a great chocolate/cedar frag.

Dolce & Gabbana - The One (from '08/'09)