Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Dior Homme Intense -WTF ?

I blind bought it and it smells exactly like what many say - make-up and lipstick bag. I own LIDGE and was expecting something similar with a twist, but DHI just does not compare to LIDGE.

It's feminine, and there's also something odd on my skin- when I sprayed it on my arm, it seemed to heat up.

Is there a reason DHI is not sold widely in the US ? Possibly a chemical in the formula that's banned for use in the US, like LIDGE ?

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense -WTF ?

I think it's a great scent especially the vintage version. Vanille & Coco goodness that lasts twelve hours and it makes a excellent evening scent with its romantic vibe. With the vintage the lipstick note is only at the start and disappears quickly.

Also think it's a very nice scent.

It's ok. But yes - it is pretty feminine - mostly because it does smell like women's make-up. Not horrible, just not the best thing to wear IMO.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Smells like a lady's bag though ..... is that a nice scent ?

For cross dressers maybe, but why would a man want to smell like that ? I think if you're straight and wear it you'd get hit on by gay guys (not that there's anything wrong with being gay, just it WOULD attract gay men)

Banned

^ Not cool at all. Just because you think a certain fragrance smells feminine doesn't mean gay men are automatically attracted to it. Stop stereotyping.

Well, in LA, 100% people would think you're gay if you wore DHI. I live here and know the culture.

LIDGE blows DHI out of the ballpark, it is decidedly masculine and authoritative.

Just telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by themoogle View Post
    LIDGE blows DHI out of the ballpark
    Incorrect sir. I much prefer the Dior as do many around here. I do see how the lipstick note could come off as feminine, but I still dig it.

Blog Entries

A DHI topic? In before TROPICS.

---

Not a fan of DHI, I also prefer L'Insant de Guerlain Extreme.

also, does not seem versatile.

It's pretty hot in LA this week, and it's useless in the summer.

Pure Havane is much better- works in every season.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Dior Homme Intense is one of the best scents that Dior has ever created. A gay man's scent? Listen, this is a man's scent! The only problem with D.H.I. is that the wearer of such a fine fragrance must be absolutely certain about his manhood. Otherwise, you would feel insecure wearing such a scent. Lipstick vibe, woman's purse? Hell yeah. But guess what? When I wear D.H.I. to work, to an evening event, to a club, I get so many compliments from women. They adore it and they know that a man who feels secure enough to rock D.H.I., is a man who can also rock their world. Just my humble opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I wear Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense on the hottest, most humid days in New York City. It smells wonderful in the heat. A cloud of wonderful scent surrounds you. Just take it easy on the sprayer.

trololololololol

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    trololololololol
    I concur
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Looks like it's back to BN9 New Haarlem for you moogley.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

You have this guy here claiming he uses DHI on hot and humid NYC days ... is that believable ?

I'm certain he works for the Dior Boutique in NYC, that incredulous statement gave it away.

For cross dressers maybe, but why would a man want to smell like that ? I think if you're straight and wear it you'd get hit on by gay guys (not that there's anything wrong with being gay, just it WOULD attract gay men)
    Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they like to smell feminine. There are many gays that wear more masculine fragrances than I do and I am straight.

This feels like deja vu. I've read somewhere that we're entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts...I think it was on Basenotes...

Well, in LA, 100% people would think you're gay if you wore DHI. I live here and know the culture.

LIDGE blows DHI out of the ballpark, it is decidedly masculine and authoritative.

Just telling the truth
    By far the dumbest thing Mr Moogle has every proclaimed.
    It more likely that people find out you live in LA and automatically think youre a douche.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Not this guy again. It's a great scent, and contrary to your belief many women love it.

Wait...is that why LIDGE is so hard to find? Because there's a banned chemical? I'll never find it =/

Maybe due to its intriguing smell. I like the vintage DHI too much. L'Instant is much more safe.

in before thetropics' post

what an awful topic

I blind bought it and it smells exactly like what many say - make-up and lipstick bag.
    Dooooooooooooooooooooooooood.
    That's what the reviews are for

I blind bought it and it smells exactly like what many say - make-up and lipstick bag. I own LIDGE and was expecting something similar with a twist, but DHI just does not compare to LIDGE.

It's feminine, and there's also something odd on my skin- when I sprayed it on my arm, it seemed to heat up.

Is there a reason DHI is not sold widely in the US ? Possibly a chemical in the formula that's banned for use in the US, like LIDGE ?

Nice try, tropics

Quote Originally Posted by crvn View Post
    nice try, tropics
    lolz!

Basenotes Junkie

To me, DHI > LIDGE.

I like both. LIDGE is definitely the most masculine of the two, but DHI is one of the sexiest scents I've ever smelled. I don't think it smells feminine. Maybe unisex, but it's definitely appropriate for a man. For comparison, I think YSL La Nuit smells more feminine than DHI, but I guess people complain about that one too. I guess I think there is something really sexy and confident about a guy who can pull off proudly smelling like lipstick. I'm that kind of guy and I love DHI.

Now if we are going to talk about smelling "gay," I would say 1 million is one of the most un-hetero fragrance I've smelled and it's wildly popular among guys for clubbing. I don't see why a straight man would want to smell like sweet cherry candy, but that's just me.

BTW, if you read any reviews you were already warned repeatedly about the lipstick thing. DHI is not a good blind buy.
    Last edited by 2ndBakeryAttack; 11th August 2012 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    By far the dumbest thing Mr Moogle has every proclaimed.
    It more likely that people find out you live in LA and automatically think youre a douche.
    I concur with the Texan!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is Finkle!
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by eggy View Post
    Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is Finkle!
    Laces out DAN!
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Laces out DAN!
    "Somebody stop them!" Lol

This thread was made for Tropics.

To my nose, DHI smells at least less feminine than DH.

Never sampled LIDGE but DHI is one of my favs and is really a nice and masculine scent, imo . I never get that "lipstick" smell from it (i have the vintage) ,maybe just very shortly in the top notes, if at all, dunno.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

There's nothing really that odd about a guy wearing a feminine smelling frag. Frags have no gender. Personally i prefer more traditionally masculine smelling frags, but thats just me. Nope, Dior Homme is simply a POOR feminine smelling frag. It doesn't really need to be ridiculed because it ridicules itself by smelling the way it does. The only thing Intense about it is how intensely bad it is.

We shouldn't really laugh, but how can you help yourself with the daily DHI fanboy threads? and lets be honest, rabid fanboys ARE amusing! Long may they live
    Last edited by Tropics; 11th August 2012 at 10:20 AM.

this fragrance chooses it's friends.

it didn't choose me immediately, i really just didn't get it. The make up/iris/ shit flying at you can really REALLY turn guys off. However i may be soon working at the frags counter at Christian Dior and i honestly think this is a perfect work scent.
    Current Signature scent: Chanel Allure Home Sport

I just can't stand the iris in it, but then again, I'm an iris hater.
    Concerning the OP, you really have no clue about what gay men usually look for in a man, which is... surprise! For him to look, act, and smell like a man. Otherwise we would be straight.
    Last edited by LloydLlewellyn; 11th August 2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Gay men get attracted by male smells, just like women, studies have shown, so, smelling like a woman's handbag/feminine should repel these pesky gay men that you seem to be concerned about so much, and you only should attract straight men.

There are plenty of decent Iris scents out there unfortunately this isn't one of them.

Yeah, you're right. Who ever heard of gays guys liking anything macho - just doesn't happen.
    You're best off going for something like Yatagan and a leather jacket. You know....completely hetero.

Why would you blind buy something that "many say" smells like something you wouldn't like, and then moan about it when you don't like it? Dude, don't do that. It makes you look like a shmuck. And your gay-cluelessness is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    Dior Homme Intense is one of the best scents that Dior has ever created. A gay man's scent? Listen, this is a man's scent! The only problem with D.H.I. is that the wearer of such a fine fragrance must be absolutely certain about his manhood. Otherwise, you would feel insecure wearing such a scent. Lipstick vibe, woman's purse? Hell yeah. But guess what? When I wear D.H.I. to work, to an evening event, to a club, I get so many compliments from women. They adore it and they know that a man who feels secure enough to rock D.H.I., is a man who can also rock their world. Just my humble opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I wear Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense on the hottest, most humid days in New York City. It smells wonderful in the heat. A cloud of wonderful scent surrounds you. Just take it easy on the sprayer.

Spot on. And furthermore, LIDGE is a great scent, but no better than DHI, or DH for that matter. +1 on Starships call out as well.

DHI and DH are amazing, and LIDGE is great as well.
    Of the three, DH is my favorite and the most versatile.

DHI is magical...
    I sprayed it on my receding hairline, now I have fabio hair and got laid
    Had a bad breakout on my forehead, sprayed some there and skin turned baby butt smooth then got laid
    Tried a daily regiment of 2 sprays to each ankle for 1 week and I grew 2 inches in height to get laid once again
    Accidentally oversprayed my torso but noticed my body was tightening up.. INSTANT abs and pecs. I now have the body of an underwear model. Oh and I got laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Gay men get attracted by male smells, just like women, studies have shown, so, smelling like a woman's handbag/feminine should repel these pesky gay men that you seem to be concerned about so much, and you only should attract straight men.
    Hahaha love it!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I think the opening is great. But I prefer Dior Homme (the original) for the drydown.

Never blind buy period, but DHI is a special case. DH(I) is great. but not for everyone

Banned
    Blog Entries

i dont hate it. i actually like it very much. it's just not for everyone tho

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    DHI is magical...
    Had a bad breakout on my forehead, sprayed some there and skin turned baby butt smooth then got laid
    Tried a daily regiment of 2 sprays to each ankle for 1 week and I grew 2 inches in height to get laid once again
    Accidentally oversprayed my torso but noticed my body was tightening up.. INSTANT abs and pecs. I now have the body of an underwear model. Oh and I got laid.
    Spray it on your pecker!

I guess the obvious lesson her for @themoogle is:

Don't blind buy when the descriptions you read sound like you won't like it!!!

It's not rocket surgery dude....

I sprayed DHI on a one dollar bill and it turned into a hundred dollar bill!

For cross dressers maybe, but why would a man want to smell like that ?)
    Thats actually a good question. The answer is that some people are like sheep and jump on to a bandwagon. It doesn't matter how ridiculous DHI smells, they will still spray it on regardless. Not so long ago, bum bags, mullet hairstyle, shoulder pads, shellsuits and MC Hammer trousers were once thought of by the sheeples as a "good idea" too

Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    Thats actually a good question. The answer is that some people are like sheep and jump on to a bandwagon. It doesn't matter how ridiculous DHI smells, they will still spray it on regardless. Not so long ago, bum bags, mullet hairstyle, shoulder pads, shellsuits and MC Hammer trousers were once thought of by the sheeples as a "good idea" too
    The fads you mention here are more puzzling though, because you coudn't say your mullet was a blind buy...

However, while DHI may smell like a woman, it is still better than some other offerings from Dior IMO.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Glory Glory DHI! Love this stuff

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

One of the best, designer, frags ever created.

DHI is magical...
    Which formulation was this?

DHI is magical...
    ^^Excellent!

VS

^ oh my god, i am dying!!!
    Current Signature scent: Chanel Allure Home Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    I sprayed DHI on a one dollar bill and it turned into a hundred dollar bill!
    Whatever, I sprayed DHI on a leper and not only did it cure his leprosy, he then got laid by a super model.