Code of Conduct

Default Best cologne for teens

What do you think is the best cologne for teens? I know some that are widely used by teens.
    Acqua di Gio
    Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce
    Curve for men by Liz Clairborne
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue
    Issey Miyake Pour Homme
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

Default Re: Best cologne for teens

My son will be a teen shortly and this is what I have either got him already or will be getting him for his starter set.

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for men - own
    Perry Ellis 360 Red - own
    Cerruti Pour Homme - own
    Burberry Brit - own
    Ed Hardy Love & Luck - plan to own.

Probably anything you have listed would be fine but if you are planning on wearing any to school I would recommend you stay with the lighter, fresher and safer scents.
    Living each day one spray at a time

Whatever cologne the teen enjoys. Perfumes don't have age restrictions.

How could i empty my le male if i should not use it in school? I'm afraid it would expire if i would use it occasionally.

- - - Updated - - -

^ Any fragrance will do, but a certain type of fragrance can get compliments from others specifically teens.

As mentioned above. I think love and luck will do very well for teens. It won't break the ba either

Basenotes Junkie

Acqua di Gio - a bit pricey for teens, but a good safe pick
    Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce - Great choice. Also pricey, but it's definitely popular among teens. Can't go wrong.
    Curve for men by Liz Clairborne - Another good choice. Somewhat similar to Fierce, but cheaper.
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue - I don't think the men's version of Light blue smells nearly as good as the women's version
    Issey Miyake Pour Homme - Another great choice, but have him sample it first. I'm not really a fan.
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million - Teens love this stuff, but it's not really appropriate for school, so you might want to avoid.
    Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier - Not really appropriate for school. To strong and obnoxious. Only if he insists.

I'd also recommend checking out Ed Hardy "Love and Luck", Azzaro Chrome, Boss Bottled, and Perry Ellis 360 Red. Though, I admit I don't really know what is popular among teens these days.

curve does the trick

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndBakeryAttack View Post
    Acqua di Gio - a bit pricey for teens, but a good safe pick
    Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce - Great choice. Also pricey, but it's definitely popular among teens. Can't go wrong.
    Curve for men by Liz Clairborne - Another good choice. Somewhat similar to Fierce, but cheaper.
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue - I don't think the men's version of Light blue smells nearly as good as the women's version
    Issey Miyake Pour Homme - Another great choice, but have him sample it first. I'm not really a fan.
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million - Teens love this stuff, but it's not really appropriate for school, so you might want to avoid.
    Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier - Not really appropriate for school. To strong and obnoxious. Only if he insists.

I'd also recommend checking out Ed Hardy "Love and Luck", Azzaro Chrome, Boss Bottled, and Perry Ellis 360 Red. Though, I admit I don't really know what is popular among teens these days.
    I really agree about the D&G light blue.... actually I agree with pretty much everything you said .
    Living each day one spray at a time

212 Sexy Men, 212 Men, Emporio Armani Him, Allure Homme Sport, Bvlgari Aqva.
    Last edited by Alvus; 11th August 2012 at 06:20 AM.

Acqua di Gio

Commenting on your list:
    Acqua di Gio - Great. Overused! Everyone loves it, the true definition of a safe buy. Save your cash and go with Perry Ellis 360 Red. Smells exactly like it, for 1/3 the price.
    Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce - I like this one. Too bad it smells like the store. If there aren't too many A&F's near you, this makes a great scent.
    Curve for men by Liz Clairborne - People love it, but it's overdone and definitely not the best one out there.
    Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue - Fairly nice. Safe and soft. Not the best "teen" vibe.
    Issey Miyake Pour Homme - No comment (haven't tried it)
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million - Really nice scent! Very sweet and to some, alluring (speaking of Allure...why isn't it on your list?!). Mainly for events - parties, etc.
    Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier - Really nice. Older teens though (18, 19+. Basically, college)

My picks (my age: 20):
    -Dunhill Desire Red - Cheap scent, sweetish but very fresh at the same time. A near perfect scent for the price. One that I would buy even if it were priced higher.
    -Allure Homme: Pricey but smells great
    -Diesel Fuel for Life: Sweet and fruity. Screams "Look at me!" and "Young, fun, energetic guy, right this way!"
    -Lacoste Pour Homme: Sophisitcated-subtle. Not a white collar scent, but it's very nice.

PE Red is the cheap alternative to AdG, I am 20 and have this, wear it most of the week, girls cannot tell the difference, honestly. It is just like AdG, a bit sharper on the fruity senses, and has much longer longevity.

Another one I recommend is Nautica Voyage, you can pick you up a 3.4oz on Amazon for around $20, and it smells awesome as well, just like the ocean.

Burberry Brit is nice, it smells more floral and like baby powder, used for spring/warm days.

If you want fruity, go KC Reaction, it is the fruitiest I have tried, although longevity is crap, doesnt even last an hour on me and it is gone.

Those are the starters I would say, unless you want something specific.
    All of these I have listed do not break the bank either. I got my 1.7oz Brit for under $20 on Amazon, from Amazon LLC, when they price dropped it.
    Gucci PH, DKNY Men, DKNY Be Delicious, Perry Ellis 360 Red, Burberry London, Burberry Brit, Nautica Voyage, Nautica Classic, Nautica Blue, Adidas Victory League

How about some juice that wont have him/her smelling like the mall or everyone else at school....

Cool Water: Classic, young noses get it
    Body Kouros: Modern, hip, not to sophisticated
    Burberry London: Amazing to apply, and to smell from across the hall
    Cavalli Just: Very Unique, noticeable but understood
    Cuba Red: "Meet me in the library"

Quote Originally Posted by freakmech View Post
    How about some juice that wont have him/her smelling like the mall or everyone else at school....

Cool Water: Classic, young noses get it
    Body Kouros: Modern, hip, not to sophisticated
    Burberry London: Amazing to apply, and to smell from across the hall
    Cavalli Just: Very Unique, noticeable but understood
    Cuba Red: "Meet me in the library"
    If you're going to say that, then don't list Cool Water as your first scent :P

When I was in high school, I wore Bvlgari Aqva, Burberry Brit, Le Male, and Joop Jump!, all great scents for someone young. Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger is also another good one, very fresh and clean, a pleasant scent that's not costly.

From time to time I also wore "Time for Energy" , a unisex fragrance by Versace, but I don't really like that one a whole lot. It's been discontinued too and harder to find, but is still available on eBay for pretty cheap. It's not too bad, just not my cup of tea.

As you can see, a pretty basic line-up for high school. All can be had easily for relatively cheap prices too, except maybe Le Male but even Le Male is worth the money imo and it still won't "break the bank" like a niche.
    Last edited by RomanceSilver; 31st January 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceSilver View Post
    If you're going to say that, then don't list Cool Water as your first scent :P

When I was in high school (graduated in 2011), I wore Bvlgari Aqva
    Says the guy who first sites Bulgari Aqua, that was exactly my point. %>