Code of Conduct

Thread: Dorin

Default Dorin

What! No posts at all on Dorin!( well there is now I suppose). No perfumes listed either when a casual glance around Harrods or fortnum and mason reveals at least 20 or 30 frags. It's supposedly a very old French house too.
    Well I just purchased their Air d'Arabie Oud yesterday and it's a
    Amazing! A high quality potent EDP Oud as good as anything on the market

Default Re: Dorin

Also have this in my collection and agree it's a wonderful scent. Problem here, is that there seems only to be one distributor of their scents in the States.

That's a shame. It's in Harrods- roja doves boutique and f and mason here and who knows where else. I only noticed it for the 1st time a month or 2 ago so maybe they're just acquiring distributors after reviving an old brand. Surprised there's not more talk of them though

Yeah, one of those overlooked houses. I recently tried Un Air d’Arabie Musk, Un Air d`Amour Pour Monsieur and Un Air d’Arabie Amber and they all striked me as extremely interesting. I promised myself to go deeper into this house as soon as I'll have the chance.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I own Un Air D'Arabie Musk and Un Air d'Amour pour Monsieiur. Quality juices IMO. This is one very underrated/unsung house.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Agree with the above two gentlemen. I smelled them all and promised myself I'd return for a more thorough testing.
    Sadly initial impression resulted in the line going way down on my to-test list.

for swap/sale:

They seem to have a very large range but I admit after trying a few it was only the amazing Oud and ta'if that caught my attention. Further testing needed too!

Basenotes Plus

I was so impressed with Un Air d'Amour pour Monsieur I bought it on the spot in Fortnums. One or two others seemed pretty impressive and I plan to investigate the house further in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    I was so impressed with Un Air d'Amour pour Monsieur I bought it on the spot in Fortnums. One or two others seemed pretty impressive and I plan to investigate the house further in the near future.
    Any chance you could give us some feedback on this one?

I'm off to London for a few days next month, and I'll be checking out some fragrances, but I need to discipline myself and just check out the more worthwhile ones, due to lack of time.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
    They seem to have a very large range but I admit after trying a few it was only the amazing Oud and ta'if that caught my attention. Further testing needed too!
    Those two are exactly the ones that piqued my interest when I visited F and M last time. Actually, the ta'if one was spreading a huge sillage from the bottle. I was so enchanted that I had to follow back its trail and that's when I discovered the line
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Yes the ta'if was very nice too. I had a very hard decision over the Oud or one of xerjoffs Oud stars. The dorin won on 'value for money'( seems a bit strange saying that for a £145 perfume!)