Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default L'occitane... My new favorite house

I recently purchased Eau de Baux and absolutely love it... If it wasn't so warm outside I'd TRY to make this my signature scent. I wish I would have discovered it before I purchased Tobacco Vanille. I am looking forward to wearing the crap out of this in the fall. Anyway, this is not my new favorite fragrance house only because of eau de Baux, but because of the quality for the price. They could have easily charged over $100 and I would have probably bought it. Projection is good, longevity is amazing, and the overall smell is fantastic. I've read reviews on many of their other fragrances that interest me like Eau Du Badian, L'occitane eau de toilette, and Vevyter eau de toilette. It seems that most people that try these fragrances, like or love them! That's a very rare quality in a house, to have such a great line up at such a low price... I'm impressed. I plan on making a trip to the l'occitane store in NYC and sniffing and buying a couple, if not all, of the fragrances I mentioned above...

Dependent

Default Re: L'occitane... My new favorite house

An underrated house, their fragrances contain lots of inexpensive, high-quality naturals. I only own one but I respect the others of the line a lot.

Pretty good stuff. Spicebomb reminds me of Eau de Baux. The only other one I've smelled was very citric and I can't remember the name of it, but it smelled of quality.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Great house at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Pretty good stuff. Spicebomb reminds me of Eau de Baux. The only other one I've smelled was very citric and I can't remember the name of it, but it smelled of quality.
    I have about 10ml of spicebomb... Now that u mention it, they deff smell similar... Do u think it's worth getting spicebomb if I have eau de Baux?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos10704 View Post
    I have about 10ml of spicebomb... Now that u mention it, they deff smell similar... Do u think it's worth getting spicebomb if I have eau de Baux?
    I wouldn't bother with Spicebomb unless your buying it because you don't have a sweet fragrance to fill a spot in your rotation. Personally I think Eau de Baux wipes the floor with it.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Where can eau de baux be ordered online????

I wouldn't bother with Spicebomb unless your buying it because you don't have a sweet fragrance to fill a spot in your rotation. Personally I think Eau de Baux wipes the floor with it.
    Hmmmm I just sprayed them both on the top of each hand and am comparing them. Spicebomb definitely projects more and is way sweeter than eau de Baux... Eh... Idk... Everytime I take it off my "want" list, something makes me want it again lol

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    Where can eau de baux be ordered online????
    On their site

Hmmmm I just sprayed them both on the top of each hand and am comparing them. Spicebomb definitely projects more and is way sweeter than eau de Baux... Eh... Idk... Everytime I take it off my "want" list, something makes me want it again lol
    I like Spicebomb don't get me wrong. For me it's one of those fragrances that has little bits of other fragrances which always makes you wonder if you really need it. Definitely not unique, but if you have a sweet tooth.....
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Cool thanks...

So eau de baux is it that good???

Though I don't typically blind buy would you say it is a safe blind buy???

Now that I think about it I'm not a fan of incense at all and Eau de Baux is one of the very few fragrances I really like that has incense as one of the main players. The other one oddly enough is Victor and Rolf's Antidote. Lol. When I say I'm not a fan, I mean that if I smell a strong church type incense it actually pisses me off.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Cool thanks...

So eau de baux is it that good???

Though I don't typically blind buy would you say it is a safe blind buy???
    Hmmm idk man everyone has their own preference... I love it , and if u read reviews, most of them are positive... U can also buy it here and get 20% off

http://www.beauty.com/beauty.asp?cat...=0&trxp3=1%7c1

Now that I think about it I'm not a fan of incense at all and Eau de Baux is one of the very few fragrances I really like that has incense as one of the main players. The other one oddly enough is Victor and Rolf's Antidote. Lol. When I say I'm not a fan, I mean that if I smell a strong church type incense it actually pisses me off.
    Yea, I'm very particular on incense... I like the incense in Eau de Baux and Amouage Jubilation... But that's about it... So far anywah

Dependent

Hey good call, I just tried Spicebomb Monday. It was an annoyingly sweet version of something kinda good and was trying to figure it out -- definitely Eau des Baux.

Love this house also. Currently have 14 of their scents in my collection and will probably add more in the future.

Yea, I'm very particular on incense... I like the incense in Eau de Baux and Amouage Jubilation... But that's about it... So far anywah
    Oh yeah, Jubilation is just so damn smooth and well blended. You might want to try to get a small decant of Antidote if you haven't smelled it yet. Probably cheaper than Spicebomb. Not to get off the subject.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Hmmm idk man everyone has their own preference... I love it , and if u read reviews, most of them are positive... U can also buy it here and get 20% off

http://www.beauty.com/beauty.asp?cat...=0&trxp3=1%7c1
    Cool is this site legit??? And how to get 20% off???

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Love this house also. Currently have 14 of their scents in my collection and will probably add more in the future.
    14?! I didn't know they had that many 0_o

Cool is this site legit??? And how to get 20% off???
    Yea site is legit, and just add it to the cart and it takes it off

Banned

You might want to try to get a small decant of Antidote if you haven't smelled it yet. Probably cheaper than Spicebomb. Not to get off the subject.
    +1 ...

Another Eau des Baux fan here. I definitely prefer it to Spicebomb, which has a plasticky note to my nose.

I've been a L'Occitane fan for years. If you can get hold of their Labdanum de Seville, that's worth smelling, too.

Just tonight I spent some time browsing at a charming L'Occitane store, sampling their natural, steam-distilled fragrances. Their Verbena projects a light, green, lemony, unisex scent that's perfect for hot weather. Ring up an 8.4 oz shower gel at $20. Their L'Occitane edt for men starts out nice with lavender and woodsmoke, but then heavy musk kicks in, and it becomes kind of a men's room soap ala Mugler cologne. No sale. Their Vetyver instantly transported me to an old barn in Maine in autumn with it's rich, earthiness - woods and smoke lightened by nutmeg, making it starkly beautiful. A September buy.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 4th July 2012 at 05:11 AM.

I wholeheartedly recommend that you look for the crown of men┤s line of fragrances from L┤Occitane. Unfortunately discontinued in several countries, you might be lucky if you find it!

"Eau des 4 Voleurs" or "4 thieves" IMO is their best.

The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by _Enigma_ View Post
    Agreed. Nutmeg, soft herbs, vetiver, and musk. Class all the way.

Indeed yes. Not only that their cosmetics are great, I am also eager to try their scents.

Fantastic house, affordable price too, very impressed with their releases

In a minority though my opinion is, I enjoyed the opening of Eau de Baux, but found it cloyingly sweet by the end. I am not very fond of it at all. I have sampled some of their other scents, and nothing really caught my notice as being truly within the tradition of Western perfumery. All a bit simple. But I will make a point of trying Eau des 4 Voleurs when I next can; I am always willing to revise an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Another Eau des Baux fan here. I definitely prefer it to Spicebomb, which has a plasticky note to my nose.

I've been a L'Occitane fan for years. If you can get hold of their Labdanum de Seville, that's worth smelling, too.
    I second that. This house has incredible quality, also in their soaps and shower gels. Btw, and I always say it here, the Eau des Baux shower gel is friggin' fantastic.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Eau de Baux is good stuff and on my list to buy. If Tobacco Vanille and Eau de Baux were both the same price ~$50, I would choose Eau de Baux all day.

Yea site is legit, and just add it to the cart and it takes it off
    Thanks man.

I will definitely probably try eau de baux....for the price it's not bad at all. If I don't like it I'm sure I can use it for other things. I like sweet smells and vanilla so I will probably like.

Thanks man.

I will definitely probably try eau de baux....for the price it's not bad at all. If I don't like it I'm sure I can use it for other things. I like sweet smells and vanilla so I will probably like.
    Buy it, if u hate it I'll buy it from u. I wouldn't mind having a backup bottle

I wholeheartedly recommend that you look for the crown of men┤s line of fragrances from L┤Occitane. Unfortunately discontinued in several countries, you might be lucky if you find it!

I just spent 30mins searching all over the Internet for this and found nothing... Do u still have backup bottles?

I just spent 30mins searching all over the Internet for this and found nothing... Do u still have backup bottles?
    I would also love more info on this....

As a sidenote, I do think L'Occitane is a great house, although EdB is by far their best current offering IMO.

Does anyone else get the band-aid accord when they wear EdB? I have no idea why, but I started to get this recently while wearing it... maybe I've been overapplying

Buy it, if u hate it I'll buy it from u. I wouldn't mind having a backup bottle
    Cool man I appreciate. As it seems like its a fall/winter fragrance I will probably wait until maybe Aug/Sept until I purchase tho. Just hope it doesn't get so popular to the point where they jack the prices up.

Blog Entries

I own Notre Flore Cedre and The Vert/Green Tea. L'Occitane has some great scents.

Cool man I appreciate. As it seems like its a fall/winter fragrance I will probably wait until maybe Aug/Sept until I purchase tho. Just hope it doesn't get so popular to the point where they jack the prices up.
    I doubt they'll jack prices... They DO have a tendency to discontinue fragrances pretty quickly so I'd keep an eye on it

From what the sales rep. told me it has been discontinued in several countries worlwide. Unfortunately, I only have one backup bottle left that will hopefully last me through the next years.
    Have you checked on Ebay ? Maybe someone is selling this outstanding juice.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

Eau de Baux I liked most and bought it. L'Occitane EDT I thought was pretty good and I bought it. Badian, 4 Voleurs and Vetiver I thought okay, but passed on them.

Curiously, after wearing my two, the L'Occitane EDT became my favourite after about four or five hours of wear.

More curious is the EDT that doesn't exist - everyone seems to like the scent of Cade in the aftershave balm, soap and creams, but it has no EDT version.
    Regards,
    Renato

Dependent

From what the sales rep. told me it has been discontinued in several countries worlwide. Unfortunately, I only have one backup bottle left that will hopefully last me through the next years.
    Have you checked on Ebay ? Maybe someone is selling this outstanding juice.
    I found it on eBay but it's very rare. I waited for months before I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    I found it on eBay but it's very rare. I waited for months before I saw it.
    Yeah, I just checked and they┤re charging 200 dollars... Insane!

It's fast becoming my favourite house too. Have loved eau des baux for some time now. It's become a little too hot here in London for baux in my opinion. Went into the l'occitane store today and picked up l'occitane edt. So fresh and summery

Received a compliment on the train within about an hour of purchasing it !

I really like vetiver too, that's next on my list.

It's fast becoming my favourite house too. Have loved eau des baux for some time now. It's become a little too hot here in London for baux in my opinion. Went into the l'occitane store today and picked up l'occitane edt. So fresh and summery

Received a compliment on the train within about an hour of purchasing it !

I really like vetiver too, that's next on my list.

I recently purchased Eau de Baux and absolutely love it...
    Eau de Baux is their best IMHO. I also have Vetyver and the House-named fragrance and neither get reached for as much as Baux. I also agree it's a natural cold weather scent, but I've managed to pull off CK One Shock for Men and Spicebomb in some heat, and both share a lot of notes with Baux. During the holidays I layer this with Diesel Zero Plus for Men for a more festive blast.

Outside of that lineup, their cedar isn't too bad, and I haven't tried the Verbena, which would seem to be a natural fit for hotter weather. L'Occitane is a real pain for samples -- they don't offer them, although some of their lotions are available for sampling. You can often knock a few dollars off the price through Drugstore.com with one of their coupons which you can Google around for.

Basenotes Plus

I have some of L'occitane fragrances such as 4 Voleurs, Green Tea, Verbena, Vetyver, Eau du Badian, Eau des Baux, and L'Occitan edT. They are all good IMO but my two favorites are Eau des Baux and L'Occitane edt. In fact, I already went through 2 bottles of Eau des Baux and L'Occitane edt. I am going to try Labdanum edp next.

I don't know this house, but coincidentally, I just saw and sniffed Spicebomb for the first time today.( Creed Baie de Genievre came to mind) However, your thread has made me want to visit the one of the L'Occitane shops here.

I keep meaning to try a few of these. [insert self reminder here]

I recently purchased Eau de Baux and absolutely love it... If it wasn't so warm outside I'd TRY to make this my signature scent. I wish I would have discovered it before I purchased Tobacco Vanille. I am looking forward to wearing the crap out of this in the fall. Anyway, this is not my new favorite fragrance house only because of eau de Baux, but because of the quality for the price. They could have easily charged over $100 and I would have probably bought it. Projection is good, longevity is amazing, and the overall smell is fantastic. I've read reviews on many of their other fragrances that interest me like Eau Du Badian, L'occitane eau de toilette, and Vevyter eau de toilette. It seems that most people that try these fragrances, like or love them! That's a very rare quality in a house, to have such a great line up at such a low price... I'm impressed. I plan on making a trip to the l'occitane store in NYC and sniffing and buying a couple, if not all, of the fragrances I mentioned above...

I blind bought these 4 100 ml EDT :

Vetyver
    Eau de L'Occitane Pour Homme
    Bandian
    Eau des Baux

Very hard to find, I found mine at www.vivamondo.dk
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Thumbs up Re: L'occitane... My new favorite house

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Eau de Baux is good stuff and on my list to buy. If Tobacco Vanille and Eau de Baux were both the same price ~$50, I would choose Eau de Baux all day.
    You know what, I tend to agree.

Paid $190 for my 50 ml TF Tobacco Vanille and paid $45 for my 100 ml of L'Occintane Eau des Baux - and slightly prefer Eau des Baux to be honest.....
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by Roper-Hall View Post
    I don't know this house, but coincidentally, I just saw and sniffed Spicebomb for the first time today.( Creed Baie de Genievre came to mind) However, your thread has made me want to visit the one of the L'Occitane shops here.
    Highly recommend EdB. It blows Spicebomb out of the water IMO.

To be fair though, they are very different fragrances.

I find for the Malaysian climate "Vetyver" is probably the best - Eau De Baux, is sweet and savory simultaneously, its kind of delicious like having a first bite of well made cake, until it ends up like someone threw a cake in your face on dry down.
    I preferred the longevity of Spice Bomb, which is a little complex. I think we have close to 20 L'ocitanne stores nationwide..many in the city..

L'Occitane is a magnificent parfumerie! I think that this house is so original. I like the fact that has a lot of ingredients from Provence.
    I love the Eau de L'Occitan that I got a few days ago! My sister is a huge fan of L'Occitane and some years ago she had taken for a me as a present the Douche/Shower Gel 4 Voleurs. It was magnificent. Unfortunately, the series 4 Voleurs have been discontinued.

Personally, I think that L'Occitane is one of the best French perfume makers and one of the best in the world!

Now if only L┤Occitane would make a CADE edt or parfum....

I've recently discovered the scents by Occitane.
    Eau d'Iparie is interesting, needs more testing. I love Eau de l'Occitan! I'm getting a used bottle from a fellow perfumista. Although I do use some (not too) masculine scents, I actually don't know if I can pull this one off for it seems quite masculine indeed. But I couldn't help, it just captivated me. If I find a guy willing to wear it being near me all the time I'll be fine as well. If I can't wear it at all it would be a nice present for my brother...
    I do like the Vetyver. Until now I don't particularly love Eau des Beaux, that hyped fragrance. Last time I tested it, it was like plasticky playdoh-vanilla on my skin. I didn't get any of the incense, spices etc. Maybe it works better in the cold weather.

I am happy to report that I have managed to visit the Occitane Shop on Sherbrooke St., here in Montreal, since having read this thread. I was impressed with the charm and simple elegance of the various products and section lay-outs, and the salesperson kept a very low profile while I spritzed away. After a very satisfying half hour, I walked away with a bottle of Eau de Baux, and a promise to myself to return for a bottle of Vetiver and Eau de Badian. Thanks for turning me on to Occitane!

Anybody tried their Iris EDP? If so, how is it?
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Anybody tried their Iris EDP? If so, how is it?
    I bought the Iris when it was part of the original Notre Flore collection. I don't know if it is changed, but it is a wonderful iris scent.

I thought these scented were being phased out, but it appears they are keeping some.

Other great scents:

+1 for Eau des Baux (and the entire shaving line)

Cedar EDP

Immortelle EDP (especially if you love tobacco)

Labdanum EDP

Jasmin d'Egypte EDP (wonderful jasmine)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I have a L'Occitane Boutique close by that I visit frequently. I still say that L'Ociitane Eau De L'Occitan is the finest blend and use of Lavender that I have found to date in any cologne. There prices are hard to believe at $50 per 100ml. Just a note, they brought back there Amber scent recently, reminds me of Gucci Pour Homme.

I sampled few of their fragrances yesterday. What I really loved about them that they all smelled VERY NATURAL = no sneezing from me and for a great price (I dont remember when was it last time that I've seen 100ml EDT of this quality in retail store for 44 euros!!!)

I sampled Eau des Baux and Vetyver on skin and Eau de Badian, L'Occitan and Verdon on paper strip.

L'Occitan from top gave me similiar vibe as Joop Nightflight. It was ok but I threw away paper strip after a while. Eau de Badian was nice but smelled too classic for me so it followed L'Occitan to trash. Verdon is minty scent that smelled kinda cheap to me but whatever... Now here comes the superstars:

Eau des Baux
    - moment I sprayed this, I was immediately recogning some fragrance that I could not point on... after a while it was clear. This has Dior Homme vibe on top. I dont know what notes are in but I could not get Dior Homme from my mind. This one is slightly more masculine and spicy but it really fits same category. Eau des Baux is maybe more casual but great scent. Longevity is excellent (14 hours later I can still smell it). Very natural smelling and elegant. It also give me some parts of Fahrenheit Absolute, but Eau des Baux is sweeter and more subtle. I asked my girlfriend how much out of 10 she would gave it and she rated it 9.9! If it didnt remind me Dior Homme I'd definitely buy it. Actually I may prefer it over DH but having DH in wardrobe I dont feel like I need to have both right now (or to buy another winter fragrance with similiar vibe). I may change my mind but what is sure is that Eau des Baux is GREAT and easy to pull.

Vetyver - wow. I really like this one lot. I dont know what notes are here but it is masculine elegance. Great. I never smelled vetiver like this (maybe because its not that much vetiver as other notes lol..). Very wearable, bit fresh, woody and bit dark without rootiness of vetivers like Encre Noire. Unfortunately longevity was not as good as Eau Des Baux (maybe like 6 hours). My girlfriend prefered Eau Des Baux over Vetyver and rated it "only" 9 out of 10. I slightly prefer Vetyver because I dont have anything like that in wardrobe and IMO it would make great office fragrance.

I highly recommend sampling both of them for everyone (newbies included). This scents are natural smelling and have signature scent potential!
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

They could have easily charged over $100 and I would have probably bought it. Projection is good, longevity is amazing, and the overall smell is fantastic.
    EdB really is outstanding. I get crazy good longevity from it. If a niche house had created this exact scent and was charging $250 a bottle, nobody would even flinch. It's outstanding!