Code of Conduct

Default GIT Aftershave Balm?

Anyone tried it? How does it compare to AOS in terms of quality? How about the scent? I assume it's very similar to cologne? Fall/Winter is around the corner and I love a good aftershave balm.

Default Re: GIT Aftershave Balm?

I haven't tried GIT aftershave balm. But, I have 10 un-used .08 oz testers for GIT. I'm not really too fond of the fragrance as a cologne. However, I think I might mix them with unscented aftershave balm if I don't sell them on ebay. Thanks for unintentionally giving me the idea If you choose to do so, you might want to try it out as well, at least you'll know what you're getting scent wise and you'll save some cash assuming your already have a bottle of GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    Anyone tried it? How does it compare to AOS in terms of quality? How about the scent? I assume it's very similar to cologne? Fall/Winter is around the corner and I love a good aftershave balm.
    Hi SmellinGood,

I own the Aventus balm, which is similar in texture and I have tried the GIT balm not long ago in store. They are both extremely oily, heavy and greasy balms although they do get absorbed easily. If you have dry skin, I would say this is a good buy. It is lightly scented with the GIT fragrance, but don't expect it to project like the cologne itself.

For more detailed reviews, I would do a Google search on these two sites:

- Straight Razor Place
    - Badger and Blade

They are both dedicated to wet shaving and similar products, techniques and so on.

Give me a shout if you need any more info.

Thanks, Rum. Good suggestions. I actually tried the GIT balm yesterday and wasn't impressed. I currently use Trumper skin food, which is hands down a better product. I agree with you that it was extremely oily and heavy only with a light (and I mean very light) trace of GIT. Oh well. For now, I'm sticking with Trumper for aftershave.

I have git balm and it explodes with fragrance. I can rarely wear it for fear of getting a headache.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I love GIT, but I prefer an unscented lotion with some SPF in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    Thanks, Rum. Good suggestions. I actually tried the GIT balm yesterday and wasn't impressed. I currently use Trumper skin food, which is hands down a better product. I agree with you that it was extremely oily and heavy only with a light (and I mean very light) trace of GIT. Oh well. For now, I'm sticking with Trumper for aftershave.
    I have the coral skin food by Trumper's too and it is superb but only in warm and humid weather. It's light, perhaps too light, but it does the job very well nonetheless.

The creed balms are quite heavy when compared to just about any balm. I know I should have just stuck with the fragrance alone but the balm can be complimentary of it in some circumstances.

hey as the last post in here is like two years old, may i ask anyones recent experience with the aftershave balms? i.e combining it with the spray? thanks

I still have mine and nothing has changed. I love it, but don't ever wear it. I can't stand that much smell on my face. I constantly notice it and tends to disturb my sinuses.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Basenotes Junkie

I have one sitting here but havent used it as yet. The aventus is nice i use that. Its only lightly fragranced but it all adds to the overall effect imo and experience.

When i go out of an evening i just use 2 sprays of aventus along with the aftershave balm and deodrant and im good to go. Thats good enough for a night out for me, and im assuming the same would apply to Green irish tweed also. Im just waiting for the weather to brighten up a bit and the chill in the air to go away ere in the UK before i start using GIT again and trying it.

Only thing i would say is if you have very sensitive skin like i have, once youve shaved i would reccomend waiting for about an hour for your skin to cool down and go back to normal before applying the balm, as the first time i used it, I applied it immediatley after shaving with very hot water and i was quite red for a while afterwards, the 2nd time i tried it i waited some time for my skin to settle back to normal and hey presto, no red skin, and never had that since, but i may be an exception as i have the same problem with most types of aftershave balms, not just the creed.
    Last edited by DMA; 21st February 2014 at 07:31 PM.

cheers fella

so am i right in saying you own the balm and deodrant?

would you say it would be a worthwhile purchase? as i just want to add a bit of overall stregnth to te smell of aventus

cheers for the response

kool, thanks for that, i just love aventus snd green irish tweed and just wana add to the overall effect, those two smells dont play with my nose, infact just love the smell, the more the better (obviously not to choking level but you know what i mean

thanks

Basenotes Junkie

I have all the additional products for git and aventus apart from the body oil and shaving soap. out of all of them i think the balm is probally the most worththwhile. the deodrant is very light, i like it but you can live without these things. the shower gel is nice but a waste of money really it is very expensive, i think the balm and bath soap are the best products, the soap is good to, it definitley leaves you smelling very aventusy if thats a word lol.

ps sorry guys ive just recently started to post after a year on basenotes just reading forums, so excuse me if you would for not being able to reply to you gents under like your comments as i dont know how to do it lol

yh tru DMA , i was looking at the shower gel and thought what, theyre asking too much dough for that considering it will be gone like after 5 showers lol

so i thought buying the soap and balm combined with the fragrance will create one beastly aventusy smell lol

how long from your experience would you say the soap would last?

hey you say you wear it on nights out? right? whats been your experience with compliments from females as with me its first class

cheers

Basenotes Junkie

I can vouch the bath soap and the balm combined with fragrance is a very good combination, or i find it to be so. 2 sprays is enough in that scenario.

This is how i work it to save money. When i have a bath i use a little bit of the shower gel to wash my hair only, that way you are only using a very small bit of the gel. Then once ive finished bathing, i have a shave. i let my face cool down for a while and then i wash my face with the soap (again, i use a flannel, wet the flannel not the soap and rub the soap with it afterwards, you only use a tiny bit of the soap that way, and then scrub my face and rinse) then after ive got dressed and before i go out i apply a tiny bit of balm and then do 2 sprays of the actual perfume.

that lasts me all night, and im assuming the same for day. bearing in mind i work in london nightclubs with long hours sometimes so sometimes if ive got a job on ill leave my home at 10pm at night and wont return until about 8 in the morning. now im not saying you will be projectting like a beast all night because in my experience i dont think you will but you will smell very aventusy or im assuming GIT'ty lol in a good way for a considerable lenght of time. it wont be overbearing, because creeds arent ment to be overbearing, its all very tastefull. as for compliments of course i always tend to get complimented on it when i wear it but whats more important is im really into it and thats what matters...

yh thanks dma for that indepth way on how to maximise te aventus smell

and yh sorry ive posted the question in two different threads, just wanted some responses thats why lol

and yh i know wht you mean that i wont be hitting the top notes with the bath products, but dont really mind as i like all the stages of aventus

but again thanks for the advice, ill apply the same process before i hit the town

cheers bud

Basenotes Junkie

No probs. last bit of advice, if you havent purchased the products yet and your on a budget as we all are *sighs* stick to the soap and balm, the rest are uneccesary extras, with those 2 you can do alot, and they will last a while as long as you dont put the soap in the bath or make it very wet lol. I personally can only afford to use all my stuff once a week, the way things are going at the moment looking at them, they should last at least a year even the soap by doing it the way i do.

have fun with your aventus...
    Last edited by DMA; 21st February 2014 at 08:30 PM.

yh will do what you suggested DMA , it sounds like uve got a good formula to smelling good and at the same time making the products last, cheers DMA , greatly appreciated, thanks