Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Thierry Mugler Les Parfums de Cuir (2012)

Yeah i may even buy 3....

Just got a bottle today! The strangest thing I noticed is that the bottle does not have a brown star (for those with a dirty mind,not that brown star. LOL) Instead it is black. On the box it says do not spray on light colored clothing. The bottle also makes an improvement as it is a harder plastic and doesn't come out the box with residue.
    It should be illegal to smell this good!

Anyone spot this in the U.S. yet? Might call around Vegas today see if anyone has seen it.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

photos of the bottle, plz!

- - - Updated - - -

photos of the bottle, plz!

No luck around Vegas, actually didn't find anyone who had even heard of it but that's not unusual.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Alright just picked it up! The bottle isn't really as nice as it looks in the photo. I wish it was leather covered (I mean, if Varvatos can do it why can't Mugler?!). Out of all the A*Men flankers, this is the closest to the original in my opinion. The sharpness is removed and a nice leather note is prominent in the top, no mint either. As it settles, I get something that smells close to Milk Chocolate, and it is amazing.

I'm not very good at describing scents, but I know that the "Pure" Loyalists will approve of this release. I will post some photos tomorrow for anyone keen to see.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Alright just picked it up! The bottle isn't really as nice as it looks in the photo. I wish it was leather covered (I mean, if Varvatos can do it why can't Mugler?!). Out of all the A*Men flankers, this is the closest to the original in my opinion. The sharpness is removed and a nice leather note is prominent in the top, no mint either. As it settles, I get something that smells close to Milk Chocolate, and it is amazing.

I'm not very good at describing scents, but I know that the "Pure" Loyalists will approve of this release. I will post some photos tomorrow for anyone keen to see.

Ok, so whats the opening like ?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post

You got a black star as well right? Unless I picked up a lemon...

Was very exited for this one, despite my not generally liking leather. Hoping it's less sweet and cooler/more dry than Taste of fragrance. I really would like this leather to be less sweet and much less warm than Dior Homme Intense. Like a combo of dried down A*Men plus a good dose of how my dove grey connolly leather was in my XJR on a cold day. But from initial reviews, this one is very very sweet. :/
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Basenotes Junkie

Just blind bought this from a seller on eBay. Reasonable price as well - £40.

Sounds like a definite buy.

Will this be available only on the Mugler website or will retail stores such as Macy's, Dillards...etc carry it???

I sampled this one last night. The SA told me there was no tester, but I picked up the bottle which I was sure was the tester ( on the counter where the box's of Parfumes de Cuir was) and said to her " what about this?". The bottle had this graininess to it and was different than the regular AMen tester.

Oh boy, I have to admit this one did not meet my expectations. I really feel this one is much to close to the original. Perhaps not as strong and less going on ( no tar note, I don't think). I sampled it on my skin and was just surpised as I waited and waited. I don't smell leather here ! Perhaps I just don't know what the leather note smells like ? I really don't know.

10 minutes passed.....30.....1 hour......a couple of hours and a few hours......I really don't see the point in this one. I don't want to bash this one. Not when many of my Basenotes buds are enjoying this ( Sorry Neil !). I wanted to pick up a bottle, but at the price, I really need to feel a reason. I am not a huge fan of gourmands, but I think the original AMen is nice ( as is all the flankers minus Pure Shot).

Perhaps this is like Pure Havane again. In hindsight, I think Pure Havane did a better job with tobacco than Parfums de Cuir has done with leather.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Aramis New West, Alain Delon Iquitos, Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Oxford & Cambridge, Azzaro pour Homme (vintage),...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of PdE Ambre Russe, Jil Sander Feeling Man, Comme des Garcons 2 Man, Giorgio VIP, ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I was waiting for your post Surfacing I feel a bit embarassed to say this, but in all honesty I think I got a bit caught up in the hype (or I enjoyed it far better when I first tried it),

I'm going to change my view on this one a bit, I have PL (Pure Leather?..) on one wrist and A*Men on the other, and after the first hour or so, I really feel like these two are very similar, and would be boarderline redundant if you have A*Men already. I mean, Basenoters will still enjoy the fragrance, but as you said AMen was a good fragrance in the first place so why wouldn't they? That "milk chocholate" that I thought was "Amazing", is pretty close to the same thing that I experience in the regular A*Men

In that sense, PH and PM were great in the way that they are in a similar catagory, but not the same fragrance really. I wonder how my views will change going forwards, as I didn't really like PH and PM that much when I first smelled them, but now love them.

.... and there goes my BN integrity out the window Hypemonster!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

I sampled this yesterday and was very dissapointed. I wanted something new, like how Pure Malt was new, but this is nearly identical to A*Men. While really searching for differences I noticed a bit more patchouli and maybe (just maybe) more coffee, but I nearly had to trick myself into thinking they were there. I don't dislike it, though, because I love A*Men.

If I were to buy it, I would buy it instead of A*Men.

My unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP19p3AI3fc

You can check out the box/bottle, and a quick first impression. I'd say the coffee notes are hightened, but it's more of a sweet coffee than say, Taste of Fragrance. Really enjoying it, as a fan of the original A*Men.

I also did not expect this one to smell how it smelled. I honestly don't think it deserves the name Pure Leather, I think more on the lines of Pure Patchouli. When you first spray it imagine A*Men without the tar after the first few 30 seconds or so you smell something different. I personally wouldn't call it leather but then again I am not a huge leather fan, but I imagine it is a type of leather they made (4 weeks aging process my ass). This scent stays for the heart notes it kind of reminded me of A*Men (no tar) and you splashed a little dab of Le Male on it.

For compliments; my mother said she loved it; she described it as opening a aged box with a variety of soaps (hey, I cant make this up, the nose knows)

My brother said he smelled a lot of green something fresh and nature driven (most likely patchouli) he also says he can see a women wearing this.

I describe it as "Imagine spraying A*Men and waiting for the tar dry down so you won't offend the saleswomen at the Ferrari dealership. While on a test drive in the latest Ferrari imagine smelling the new leather seats and the patchouli scented pine tree air freshener."

Final thoughts I get a headache from this one (I never liked new car smells) it smells a lot like patchouli, the dry down smells like caramel and chocolate (a lot like A*Men).

Rating (based on testing in the summer)
    Projection:4/5
    Longevity: 5/5 (20+ hours)
    Silage: 3.5/5
    Scent: 3/5 (it has a lot to be desired)

This is easily not my favorite out of the flankers excluding Pure Shot.

I bought ph and liked it but I didn't know how similar it was to a*men. I guess each have their own twistto them and it comes down to what top and base you like more cause they are all the same in the middle. At least that's what I get from what everyone is commenting on.

is this on American shelves yet?

for those who've already tried it:

is it more wearable than the original A*Men?? a reasonable everyday winter scent ??

if someone didn't have A*Men , would you recommend this over it ?? is it a better fragrance ??
    Last edited by psylence2k; 31st August 2012 at 07:17 AM.

Basenotes Member

Just got an email about this. Sept 7th 8:30 is the release date. Im ready to get 2 bottles.
    http://www.youtube.com/jimihendrix1117

*Peace and Happiness*

Default AMEN Pure Leather release date sept 7th

http://www.muglerstoreusa.com/Amen-P...ncement-_-pure

Just got this in an email from them.

Default Mugler to bring A*Men Pure Leather!!!

Just received an email from circles saying Pure Leather will be available on September 7th online only, USA Shipping Only!!!

So who can buy me a bottle and ship it to Canada. I'll cover all charges. Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: AMEN Pure Leather release date sept 7th

Me too -the next flanker. Bring it on!
    Currently wearing: Marry Me by Lanvin

why are you all buying 2-3 bottles of this? you don't even know how it smells like

Just received an email from Mugler website - available in US Sept 7th?

Never mind - see someone already posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by limaaa View Post
    why are you all buying 2-3 bottles of this? you don't even know how it smells like
    I will be buying 2-3 bottles also. I base it on the price/value of the PH and PM releases. Its a gamble, but if I like it, I don't want to have to dig around on ebay later...
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Creed - Original Cologne
    2. Xerjoff - Nio
    3. Creed - Aventus
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    7. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    8. Dior - Homme Sport 2012
    9. Tom Ford - Rive d'Ambre
    10. Creed - Virgin Island Water

Default Re: Mugler to bring A*Men Pure Leather!!!

I just received that e-mail too! That's definitely going to be a blind-buy for me! I don't care what people think. I love leather and I love the original Angel Men.

Basenotes Member

http://www.youtube.com/jimihendrix1117

*Peace and Happiness*

Banned

Thanks for the heads up.

Just emailed muglerstoreuk to see when us UK dwellers are likely to see this on the shelves...!

I'll report back when I hear something.

They are expecting it in late September/October.