Code of Conduct

Default How strong is Tobacco Vanille compared to A*Men?

I just put on my sample of TV 1.5 hours ago, and it's already become a skin scent. Is it in the application for this scent? I really enjoy the scent, but I won't buy it if it's this weak. A*Men in comparison, lasts 10+ hours.

Default Re: How strong is Tobacco Vanille compared to A*Men?

I've gotten ten to twelve hours plus out of both. If you've been sniffing it alot perhaps your nose is just fatigued.

Hmm perhaps. The sillage is already a lot less though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    Hmm perhaps. The sillage is already a lot less though
    Ask a friend if s/he could still smell TV after hours of first application. The first time I tried TV it lasted all day on me, and my wife can still smell it from 4-5 ft away.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Ask a friend if s/he could still smell TV after hours of first application. The first time I tried TV it lasted all day on me, and my wife can still smell it from 4-5 ft away.
    +1

I get 12+ hours easily with Tobacco Vanille with monstrous projection in the first 6 hours. Like Ulsterman said, your nose is probably fatigued.

Tobacco Vanille is outrageous on my skin with mega sillage pushing 10+ hours. AMen I never get the longevity or sillage others talk about here ...others can't even smell it on me after 2 hours : (

And be sure to revisit the sample in a day or two.

TV is a powerhouse for most people and my guess is you've cooked your nose for the day (I've done it many times). Give it a break for a few days and try it again.

If TV is too weak for you it's time to abandon fragrance altogether! LOL.

TV lasts around 12-15 hours in the winter on me. Even after a shower i'll still smell it the next morning. A-Men on the other hand will last about 8 hours but be more more of a skin sent at the end.

oops, nevermind, you guys were right , everyone around me said it was really strong, whereas I thought it was a skin scent, definitely sniffed this one too many times today

Monster Sillage and longevity is the name of the game with TV. I usually get 12-15 hours longevity and excellent projection for the first 6-8 hours. Like others have said, your nose is definitely fatigued.

if we are judging by projection, TV sample I had (vial) didnt offer me much, but when i bought the thing and actually sprayed it was insane how strong it projected (lasts too). AMen I find weaker in both aspects personally.

This is sort of off topic, I'll make my sample haul topic next week, but I found my GIT sample to be pathetic. It left a lot to be desired. It smelled like Unforgivable by Sean John with more florals, same longevity, same projection. I know it's more comparable to Millesimme Imperial, but the similarities were uncanny. I don't think I'll be delving any further into the Creed house if batches are this inconsistent.

If it isn't the batch, it was the fragrance. Someone accused me of trolling, but what I said was my honest opinion, GIT didn't seem very special to me, overpriced even.

I find TV to last quite a while (but not quite as long as some seem to get). But TV and A*Man are certainly 2 fragrances that no one should ever have a problem with for longevity.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Spray a greater amount.

TV is not weak at all to my nose, should last a while. Maybe apply a bit more and see.

A*men sadly lasts a while too, lol. Not a fan of that one!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Banned

As an overall suggestion so that you may continue to enjoy fragrances of many different types, base your purchase on the quality of the scent. I'd be willing to bet you're fatigued as others have suggested.

Is TV a kickass scent to you? Is its quality worth $220 (tax included)? If so, snag a bottle.

Longevity, projection, etc. are guesswork for lots of people. It's often very hard to comment with authority on those matters due to, but not limited to, annoying things such as overapplication, note anosmia, fragrance fatigue, etc.. But what you can determine is if you truly love the scent enough to buy a bottle when you CAN smell it. Chandler Burr and other fragrance figures all advocate quality over any of these OCD longevity and projection worries. Don't worry man, you probably smell great.

I used to be concerned about counting hours and determining projection blah blah. Then I took a step back. Try changing your perspective; fragrances are fun.
    Last edited by plainsight; 14th August 2012 at 06:00 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I agree with plainsight. Fragrance is to be enjoyed. If we continue to obsess and worry over sillage and longevity, where's the fun in that? Also we should remind ourselves that while we may want to smell a favorite scent all the time, others around us may not feel the same way. Relentless or loud fragrance projection is a social faux pas imo. There are however societies that are more accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by plainsight View Post
    As an overall suggestion so that you may continue to enjoy fragrances of many different types, base your purchase on the quality of the scent. I'd be willing to bet you're fatigued as others have suggested.

Is TV a kickass scent to you? Is its quality worth $220 (tax included)? If so, snag a bottle.

Longevity, projection, etc. are guesswork for lots of people. It's often very hard to comment with authority on those matters due to, but not limited to, annoying things such as overapplication, note anosmia, fragrance fatigue, etc.. But what you can determine is if you truly love the scent enough to buy a bottle when you CAN smell it. Chandler Burr and other fragrance figures all advocate quality over any of these OCD longevity and projection worries. Don't worry man, you probably smell great.

I used to be concerned about counting hours and determining projection blah blah. Then I took a step back. Try changing your perspective; fragrances are fun.
    It is indeed a kickass scent to me. It reminds me of frigid winter nights from 2 years ago. We haven't had many of those in a while, I hated them, but now I miss them. I'd love cuddling up in my blanket and drinking chai tea. This scent, and Ambre Narguile reminds me of those days.

Quote Originally Posted by plainsight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I agree with plainsight. Fragrance is to be enjoyed. If we continue to obsess and worry over sillage and longevity, where's the fun in that?
    Yep and if its a skin scent (looking at you beautiful Ms.Giacobetti), then simply spray more or carry an decanted atomizer with you.

for swap/sale:

Could also be the method of application. Is it from a dabber?

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    The first time I tried TV it lasted all day on me, and my wife can still smell it from 4-5 ft away.
    How heavy an application was that, do you remember?

Blog Entries

Tom Ford TV has great staying power and Sillage on me, trouble is after dry down I could get the same smell from a $5 bottle of Vanilla extract. The Tobacco oils must interact with my skin somehow!!
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

When I tried both fragrances I thought they were very potent. From the second the spray hit my skin, they were both quite 'loud'. I couldn't get them to be quiet! You know, just like someone playing the drums in a very quiet street at 3 in the morning...

On my skin A*Men is super strong for the first 3 hours then dies down to a normal level. TV is a marathon runner though. Never gets too loud but stays and stays and stays....
    Top 5
    1. Gucci PH2
    2. Aventus
    3. Hermes Un Jardin Méditerranée
    4. Creed GIT
    5. Dior Homme/Intense

Current swap list found here ... http://tinyurl.com/9udvk8q