Code of Conduct

Default #7 Toronto Fragrance meetup - Sunday August 19th 5pm at GUERLAIN - Come Join Us!

(apologies in advance for the short notice....)

Hey Everyone!

You've probably got a PM on the way about the SEVENTH Toronto fragrance lovers meetup, but just incase, here's the info below...

As has now become a tradition, the "Nosey Bunch" of Toronto are having a gathering and snifferoo; come join us at the prestigious Guerlain boutique here in Yorkville for an exclusive event: you will be greeted with familiar and new faces alike, white gloves and champagne, and of course, a selection of fragrances that showcase Guerlain's undeniable contribution to everything we know and love about perfume to this day.

If possible, please RSVP by posting here in the thread, through PM, or by calling the boutique, just to let us know if you think you'll be there so we can get a sense of headcount for refreshment purposes. For those of you who messaged regarding the last gathering to say that you would have liked to join but couldn't make it out, here's your chance!

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you there!
    M.C.

Details:
    Date: SUNDAY August 19th, 2012
    Location: Guerlain Boutique, 110 Bloor Street West, (416) 929 6114. Valerie is the friendly store manager.
    Time: 5-7pm, and feel free to come and go as you please.
    To Bring: Yourself and significant others or friends/family that have an interest in fragrance and skin care, any industry books or magazines, etc.
    Please Note - while in past events we have usually brought piles of samples to sniff/swap, out of respect for the store, please refrain from doing so this time (I'll look into organizing a separate meetup for a buy/sell/swap meet). In addition, please keep in mind the nature of the venue so use discretion with regard to bringing children or pets...
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 14th August 2012 at 01:44 AM.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: #7 Toronto Fragrance meetup - Sunday August 19th 5pm at GUERLAIN - Come Join Us!

Sure I will come, thanks a lot for the invitation!(I still remember the previous party there, and it was educational and so pleasant)

Please count me in!

Why So Serious?

Default Re: #7 Toronto Fragrance meetup - Sunday August 19th 5pm at GUERLAIN - Come Join Us!

Unfortunately, can't come to this one. My son was born on Sunday, I gotta stay home and look after the little one.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I am doing an event known as Tough Mudder the day before. Assuming I'm not dead (and that's not an obvious assumption this time around), I will be there in spirit and shattered body.

Disappointed to miss this one but, I'll be at an opera so it's all good. Have fun and take notes

Very interesting site-specific production of a recently rediscovered Handel work with one more show Friday at the Gladstone if anyone's into that : http://www.blogto.com/events/59335

Would love to attend but will be in NS.

Wow, this is awesome....I visit Guerlain boutique on occasion, was just there on Saturday. I'm pretty sure I can come to this. ))

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the invite.
    Last edited by rttoronto; 17th August 2012 at 10:39 PM.

I wish I could! I will be in Helsinki.
    It is great that you arranged yet another meet up! Guerlain has been a nice and hospitable boutique.
    Enjoy! Thank you for the invitation.

I will be able to attend. Thank you!

Thank you very much, this time, I WILL attend, yaye! I am looking forward to meet everyone for the first time! Cheers!
    Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent (Charles Baudelaire)

The odours do not have a sex. Nothing is prohibited in a perfume provided that it gets pleasures! (Jacques Cavallier)

Hi, I'm new to the forum but would love to check it out.

^^^ Great! Welcome to the forum and looking forward to meeting you.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the invite. I'll be there.

Also, any specific dress code?

Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure if I'll make it, as I'll be at a retirement party all afternoon, outside the city, and am at the mercy of other people driving me back. If I make it back on time, I'll definitely come by. I still regret missing the last meet-up at Noor!

Hope to see you soon!
    Carly

Quote Originally Posted by lasta View Post
    Also, any specific dress code?
    Be yourself but keep in mind it's at Guerlain and we'll be serving Champagne... so I'd say for guys a shirt and optional jacket, for gals probably a dressy casual cocktail dress?

Quote Originally Posted by curio View Post
    I'm not sure if I'll make it, as I'll be at a retirement party all afternoon, outside the city, and am at the mercy of other people driving me back. If I make it back on time, I'll definitely come by. I still regret missing the last meet-up at Noor!
    Hi C, we're scheduled for 5-7pm though I have a feeling we'll stick around until closer to 7:30 or 8pm. The boutique's phone number is posted above so maybe give them a call before dropping by to see if people are still around? Otherwise one of these days... See you soon!

I survived Tough Mudder somehow. I'll be there.

Will someone please post pictures?

And, have fun!!!!

lol, pics are on the way!

Some pictures.

Sure hope my bandwidth reset was midnight this morning, and not midnight tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamwich View Post
    Some pictures.

Sure hope my bandwidth reset was midnight this morning, and not midnight tomorrow.
    Wow! Those are fantastic; thank you!!!

Most of these should be available to download through flickr at 2048 x 1365 resolution. If for some reason you need a larger version, you can get in touch with me and ask. Depending on how I cropped it, I may have them available up to 7360 x 4912, should you need a billboard by the highway or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamwich View Post
    Some pictures.

Lovely photos as usual!

Thanks to Guerlain and everyone else for arranging this fabulous event.

cool cool cool. A good time with lovely peoples.

some more PICTURES for you guys...

For some things delight our bodies even when they cause some pain. @Slamwich for surviving tough mudder.

Beautiful set. Any way to connect names to pictures?