Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Facial Product Recommendations For Guys

Yes I am a guy, far from metrosexual, but I do own a lot of cosmetics. I like to look vibrant and young.

Here is what I use for my face (and what I recommend for other guys):

Sunblock - If I'm staying out in the hot sun for more than a half hour. Long term exposure to the sun can be damaging to your face.

Vaseline - Contrary to popular belief, it is not a moisturizer because petroleum molecules are too large to enter your skin. However, it does create a barrier keeping what's in your skin in and what's out of your skin out. I always coat my face and lips with vaseline in the winter to prevent the cold wind from ravaging my face.

Bentonite Clay - This stuff is dirt cheap. Natural volcanic minerals that clean your pores and skin.

St. Ives Microabrasion - This is $10 a bottle, but it is quality enough so you only need to put a little on for it to last. It works even more effective than most of the $40 a bottle creams that you see in most boutiques. It takes multiple applications to see results, but it does soften your skin.

Default Re: Facial Product Recommendations For Guys

Agree with your recommendations. By vaseline you mean petroleum jelly or the brand Vaseline (which doesn't contain too much petroleum jelly, if I understand correctly)? I have used petroleum jelly sometimes for the pool when swimming -as you say, it creates a great barrier for the skin. Usually, though, in the pool I use shea butter, which perhaps doesn't protect as much, but is smoother. And for the face I use regular moisturizer.

Another thing to remember is that one has to reapply-not even the most powerful cream will last through the day.

cacio

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Facial Product Recommendations For Guys

Yeah moisturizer works as well.

And also, thanks for the tip about reapplying throughout the day. It is true.